Options

DS Eurovision Best of the Rejects 2014

Comments

• Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 8pm I reckon. That will hopefully give me a chance to tidy things up for an 8.30 reveal. Is that ok? Don't want to rush anyone - it's an important decision!
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    About 8pm I reckon. That will hopefully give me a chance to tidy things up for an 8.30 reveal. Is that ok? Don't want to rush anyone - it's an important decision!
    That sounds good to me. :)
    *eurovision pun not intended
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick update on the votes, like I said it's very VERY close, the leader is 4 points ahead of second, which is 5 points ahead of 3rd, which is 4 points ahead of joint 4th!

17 sets of votes still to come, 2 songs still busy doin' nothin'....
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished my revision for today and just sitting down to sort out mine! But might not send until tomorrow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK people, you've got about 7 hours to vote, and *gulp* it's a tie for the leader!

Still waiting for ...

ShadyNathan
    steeleuro_wolf
    Yugimuto1
    PatheticFallacy
    NightFox_Dancer
    Jaccobabe
    Wilkimania
    yoshi94
    Chickens hit

scorewiz seems to think it's the song with the most votes that wins rather than number of douzers .. I'm gonna go with that as I have no idea how to over ride it!
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Bit of a late review:

Arxplendida - Wtf?
    Brequette - It's vocally impressive, but I was never really feeling it. Much preferred Ruth.
    Olga un Ligo - Gloriously mental. Instead Latvia picked one of the dullest songs of 2014.
    Fool Moon - Take That have let themselves go. Like the Croatian song last year, it's a no thanks from me.
    MarieMarie (Candy Jar) - I love MarieMarie, but this was the weaker of her two songs. Chorus wasn't as memorable.
    neAngely - I think I was pretty much the only one supporting this at the time, I don't know why. Tick Tock has grown on me, but this was great.
    Sil - Udo would have got big points from me from Belgium, this not so much.
    Mad Show Boys - Beavis and Butthead?! This is bonkers, I like it.
    Tim Peters - Hadn't heard this before, it's quite good.
    Sandra Nurmsalu - I never really got the fuss about this one, it's a bit dull, she's had better songs. I'm not sure it would have been as popular if it was sung by someone else.
    Santiano (Wir werden niemals untergehen) - Thank god Germany didn't send Santiano. This one is at least better because they're not singing in that faux Irish English.
    Martin Stenmarck - I think I maybe should have sent this myself, it's brilliant. No idea how this didn't even make the final.
    Pamela - For old times' sake my YouTube started buffering during this and then went to 10 minutes of Maltese adverts. Might have been preferable actually.
    Muff - Two months on the name's still funny... Not bad, think I maybe prefer it to Tinkara.
    Unheilig - Hooray, baldy beardy wavy arms aeroplane man! I liked this, understated but nice.
    Knut - Always did like kipperson's song.
    Ellen Benediktson - Could never really get into this one, very boring for me.
    Santiano (The Fiddler On The Deck) - Just no, dear god no.
    Renee Santana ft Mike Diamondz - This is better than Miracle, although admittedly the bar is set very low.
    Helena Paparizou - If this doesn't win I'll be amazed. Fantastic song. Disappointed the video isn't the version with the comical 'Yes I am' mouthing at the end!
    Amber - Not really feeling this one.
    Markus Riva - The song is better than his voice.
    Ace Wilder - This did grow on me a lot, there are still parts of the song I wish they'd get rid of, but it is quite catchy.
    Mia - Would have preferred Lithuania to pick Mia for Copenhagen, but not with this song.
    Linnea Dale - Never really got this one.
    Madeline Juno - Ah I'd forgotten about Lena 2.0. It's ok.
    Mikko Pohjola - I think the video version might be better but I do like it, it's quite dark.
    Bogi - Hadn't heard this before, quite like it.
    Krystallia - Glad this didn't win, it was very middle of the road.
    Hukka ja Mama - It's ok.
    Anca Florescu - I think it loses a little bit live compared to the studio version, but still the best song in the Romanian NF.
    MarieMarie (Cotton Candy Hurricane) - There are some really strange notes in this version, but I do really love the song.
    Josef Johansson - Haven't heard this in a while, did like it at the time. Deserved to do better.
    Asdis - Liked this, although do like Pollaponk.
    Elisabeth Carew - Poor Elisabeth, first she had to watch her brother lumber about the Premier League, then she lost in Norway with this song, which was pretty decent.
    Kostas Martakis - It's not bad, preferred Freaky Fortune though.
    Michael Rune ft Natascha Bessez - Was supporting this in Denmark, a shame it didn't win.
    Catarina - It's ok, the Portuguese final was much of a muchness.
    Mei Finegold - I've finally got Same Heart, it took me a while. This isn't quite as good.
    De Bee - It's alright, doesn't really go anywhere though.
    Bucas - Of course, it's a polar bear on a scooter! The song could be better, but it's still far better than Cake to Bake.
    MIAU - This is brilliant, always loved this one.
    2 Fabiola ft Loredana - Hadn't heard this before, pretty good.
    Alcazar - This was good.
    Dons - It's ok.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK people, you've got about 7 hours to vote, and *gulp* it's a tie for the leader!

Still waiting for ...

ShadyNathan
    steeleuro_wolf
    Yugimuto1
    PatheticFallacy
    NightFox_Dancer
    Jaccobabe
    Wilkimania
    yoshi94
    Chickens hit

scorewiz seems to think it's the song with the most votes that wins rather than number of douzers .. I'm gonna go with that as I have no idea how to over ride it!

I'm guessing its Survivor vs Kui Tuuled Pöörduvad :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    I'm guessing its Survivor vs Kui Tuuled Pöörduvad :)

I'm not saying a word ;)

Now there's one point separating the top 2, with 6, 5 and 6 between the next 3

With 5 sets of votes to go, we only have one song that won't Be Proud
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when do we get the results again?

Feeling anxious for my act :cry:
  • Options
    Jem CasperJem Casper Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty much guaranteed a top 3 finish if not a winner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    when do we get the results again?

Feeling anxious for my act :cry:

About 8.30-ish, there's 2 sets of votes that I know are coming, but I'm yet to hear from :

Yugimuto1
    Jaccobabe
    Wilkimania

And I don't want to close it too early
    Jem Casper wrote: »
    I'm pretty much guaranteed a top 3 finish if not a winner.

LOVE Albanian humour :D

Actually, you're probably right Jem!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    About 8.30-ish, there's 2 sets of votes that I know are coming, but I'm yet to hear from :

Yugimuto1
    Jaccobabe
    Wilkimania

And I don't want to close it too early

LOVE Albanian humour :D

Actually, you're probably right Jem!

Humour? :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jem Casper wrote: »
    Humour? :confused::confused::confused:

This could be awkward...
  • Options
    Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on the reviews, I'm still crossing my fingers tightly that I won't be getting nul points.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This could be awkward...

:D:D:D
  • Options
    WilkimaniaWilkimania Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the power I feel right now knowing that there's only a few votes left and I'm one of them. I'm amazed no country has ever power tripped during the end of the voting.
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    I'm so sorry but I won't be able to vote. I'm so very busy lately and I wanted to vote today but I've got caught up in things and I won't be done listening to the songs in an hour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    I'm so sorry but I won't be able to vote. I'm so very busy lately and I wanted to vote today but I've got caught up in things and I won't be done listening to the songs in an hour.

You could have just made a short list of songs you know you liked and voted off that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could have just made a short list of songs you know you liked and voted off that

Would rather Yugi didn't vote - I'm not giving out any penalties - but if he'd only watched MelFest, that could be another awkward moment .... just saying!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wilkimania wrote: »
    Oh the power I feel right now knowing that there's only a few votes left and I'm one of them. I'm amazed no country has ever power tripped during the end of the voting.

You have EXACTLY 27 mins :p

And I'm stressing like a stress ball, so get going! :D
  • Options
    WilkimaniaWilkimania Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have EXACTLY 27 mins :p

And I'm stressing like a stress ball, so get going! :D

I'll have it to you by then. It'll be 26 minutes 30 seconds tops :D
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    I don't want to be unfair to songs I might like but not listen to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    I don't want to be unfair to songs I might like but not listen to.

That's a better way of saying what I did :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least no ones getting a penalty
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STOP VOTING!!

Wilki got his votes in at 1958 .... I've got a bit of fiddling with spreadsheets to go, but will be back at 2030 with a link to the scorewiz

I'll be doing it a bit differently, when you've seen what's won, you still won't know who the song belongs to

I'll post a list of the results, with FM's, in a spoiler tag, at around 2100 ;)