Options

Introducing Dionne Bromfield

Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
Forum Member
Got this ^^^ album shipped to me on Saturday and its a sweet little debut from a girl who has a bright career ahead of her. In five years from now she will be massive!

I suggest people take a listen to it. The whole album is covers but lovely sweet covers. :D

Her offiical video for Foolish Little Girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb0c7frwlKo

and her great performance of Mama Said on Strictly from last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kphnD7cl6ns

Comments

• Options
    Jacko lives!Jacko lives! Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One for the paedos!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One for the paedos!

Well sadly if people think a child cannot sing and dance its a sad world we live in.

Britney was waving the tits at 15 and everyone loved it. Dionne is no where near that sort of thing. She is a normal girl singing songs that reflect her age.
  • Options
    mr.ianmr.ian Posts: 4,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One for the paedos!

Appropriate username.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Wow what a great voice for just 13, and she has so much confidence! She doesn't look it though. :eek:

Great to see Amy on TV, I think she's fantastic, and hope she releases some new material soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr.ian wrote: »
    Appropriate username.

LOL x 1000. Both that and the original comment.

Thought she had a lovely, clear and unaffected voice.
  • Options
    umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very impressed with Dionne's performance on 'Strictly Come Dancing' this past weekend. Her voice is so mature for a 13 year old, and to think she is still going to improve and evolve is great.

ALSO great to seee Amy Winehouse back, looking a lot better than she has for quite a while, hopefully it's upwards and onwards for her from now on.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A big gig to land for her first TV appearance
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really like her, nice little song and her performance was good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pleased to see so many positive comments. She is going down a storm on youtube.

Once she has matured and developed her style over the next few years she will be incredible. Once she comes of age I predict her being one of the biggest stars in UK Music.

America are going to love her.
  • Options
    delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was great! When she grows up she's gonna be even better...well if bad influences don't affect her! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mr.ian wrote: »
    Appropriate username.

What has a username chosen as a tribute to the legendary character from 70's sitcom "Love thy neighbor" have to do with paedo's?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    I like her :)
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I don't watch SCD, but I watched it for her performance. I can't believe how good she is. I hope she does well in her career.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw her on SCD and while I agree she has a decent voice, the song is turgid, empty nothingness. A repeat of the same two or three lines over and over and over again do not a great song make. Very poor.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    craftwerc wrote: »
    Saw her on SCD and while I agree she has a decent voice, the song is turgid, empty nothingness. A repeat of the same two or three lines over and over and over again do not a great song make. Very poor.

I'm sure your aware the song is in fact a cover and was the first song ever to take a female musical group to number one on the US Billboard charts in 1961.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like the paedo's are keeping their money in their pockets as it looks like the single is in no danger of even scraping into the top 40!
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    children should be seen and not heard :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like the paedo's are keeping their money in their pockets as it looks like the single is in no danger of even scraping into the top 40!

This album isn't really a singles album. Its an intro to her and the album only just came out, it will pick up sales later on. Given Strictly is the only promo she has had she is doing alright and is only 13 above all. Some of the best artists don't sell that well early on. Amy herself didn't ;)

Its her upcoming albums that will see her as a serious force. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh come on! ,

You've said that the album is all covers. Now without looking at the track listing it's safe to assume that the majority, if not all the songs are going to be covers of tracks that were previously released as singles. If that's not a "singles" album I don't know what is.
    The fact is the public aren't going to buy into this, even with Amy's backing.
    The vast majority of adults would feel uneasy buying such a release and younger music fans would probably buy someone with a bit more credibility or someone that would cater more to a teen audience.
    Going by the midweeks news her Strictly appearance hasn't won her many fans and if that sort of exposure doesn't generate huge sales then she's got no chance of succeeding.
    I imagine she'll get the opportunity to release a second album but only because she's on Amy's label.
    Hell, even her best mate Remi Nicole was allowed a sophomore release, giving 2009 one of it's most appalling albums!
    There must be a special "mates" clause in Winehouse's record contract.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh come on! ,

You've said that the album is all covers. Now without looking at the track listing it's safe to assume that the majority, if not all the songs are going to be covers of tracks that were previously released as singles. If that's not a "singles" album I don't know what is.
    The fact is the public aren't going to buy into this, even with Amy's backing.
    The vast majority of adults would feel uneasy buying such a release and younger music fans would probably buy someone with a bit more credibility or someone that would cater more to a teen audience.
    Going by the midweeks news her Strictly appearance hasn't won her many fans and if that sort of exposure doesn't generate huge sales then she's got no chance of succeeding.
    I imagine she'll get the opportunity to release a second album but only because she's on Amy's label.
    Hell, even her best mate Remi Nicole was allowed a sophomore release, giving 2009 one of it's most appalling albums!
    There must be a special "mates" clause in Winehouse's record contract.

If it was an album of new material it would have done better but that's not the point of it.

You'll be eating your words when she is massive in five or so years.

Amy's first album did next to nothing and only picked up sales after the second album made her famous worldwide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oh and being underage never hurt Charlotte Church.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Frank" sold fairly well for a new singer. I'm sure this album wont have a fraction of "Frank"'s sales anyway.
    Amy also had critical appeal and had a decent fanbase around that period,headlining shows like Shepherd's Bush Empire and Brixton Academy promoting the album.
    Dionne may do well five years down the line but that wont be suprising as she'll be 18 at that point.
    A 13 year Winehouse type is just not a viable commercial prospect and this will result in a massive fail for all concerned!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure your aware the song is in fact a cover and was the first song ever to take a female musical group to number one on the US Billboard charts in 1961.
    Yes, but my original point still stands. Here's the news: the 60s featured some rubbish music.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is a very good debut album for a 13-year-old girl. Dionne is simply establishing herself and it will sell to a certain degree, at least with Amy fans. I also feel that it's true to say that it is a good covers album; she is not going through the motions, she actually makes the songs her own and invests them with new energy. Even though it's 50s Girl Groups and 60s Motown, and yes it's been done before, this has been well executed. She undeniably has a good singing voice and stage presence for a child of 13. It's the beginnings that are important, and this is a very decent and promising beginning. I can't predict how well it will do in terms of sales to be honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    This Dionne kid is very talented ...... IMO it's a good idea for a girl of her age to do an album of covers, no doubt she is going to be around for years, so plenty of time for original albums later on. The songs she is covering are like part of a musical education for her. I agree that the Mama Said song went on far too long on SCD, I believe the album version is much shorter in keeping with the early 60s style.

No doubt the album won't be a huge commercial success like the current autotuned singers, but there's little doubt who will be here for the long haul. Well done Dionne and well done Amy.