Films you have watched but would never admit to your friends?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What movies would you feel embarrassed to tell your friends that you have watched?

Comments

• PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost, and i really enjoyed it and almost shed a tear.... :o
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    None. I don't give a s*** what people think of my film likes. I enjoy everything, one of my favourite directors is Ingmar Bergman but guess what, I happily admit to people that I enjoyed parts of Jack and Jill. Yes, I'm not joking.

^ I've put it in bold for all to see. :D;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Glitter, and it was definitely naff!
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring it on (think it was called) about cheerleaders was brilliant :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually watched ... "The Smurfs" ... and quite enjoyed it!
    I didn't feel that my childhood memories were destroyed as some over-dramatic people shouted from the roof-tops ...

To make it more embarassing ... I'm in my forties and a huge horror film fan ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not embarrassed to have watched any film...

....I did see the first few minutes of Twilight (someone tried to get me to watch it) before getting bored and telling them to stop it, so that doesn't count.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can't say that i feel embarrased about watching any films - I watch each one on thier merits to be honest - I love all sorts of stuff from Hairspray to Martyrs!
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to the cinema once on the spur of the moment and so went to see the next available film screened : Charlie's Angels Re-loaded - not a film I would have usually wanted to see but it was great, exciting and the music was good.
  • GortGort Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member
    I suppose it's time to admit that I watched Mamma Mia. I really dislike Abba and that type of music, I'm also not a fan of musicals (there are exceptions to that rule, though), but this film wasn't taken seriously and the bad singing made it a "so bad it's actually entertaining" film. Forgive me!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I randomly watched Geek Charming one time....and I loved it....I'm so ashamed...:cry::o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Due to growing up with 3 sisters i was subjected to watching Grease about 5 times a day for years:mad:

Unfortunatly now i kinda have a soft spot for it and watch it every year or so .....Clockwork Orange style brainwashing or what:D
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Catwoman with Halle Berry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like a lot of films intended for people a fraction of my age... but I'm most ashamed to admit that I saw Date Movie at the cinema (went with a then friend as he was really down and wanted to see it). Neither of us actually enjoyed it, but I am utterly ashamed to have contributed to its box office revenue :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not sure i could openly admit i thought bridesmaids was a lot funnier than the hangover
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Actually (We watch it every xmas and I really like it).
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Enchanted

And I bloody loved it :D
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the Tinkerbell movie. Although, in my defence, I was at the cinema with my best friend and her just-turned-3-year-old son, so it wasn't my choice. But we did watch it more than him.

And I watched Jump In, the Disney movie with Corbin Bleu. I have no excuse for that, I thought it looked good. It's about a boxing boy who decides who prefers skipping instead but they laugh at him so, blah blah blah, happy ending in the end! I won't lie though, I enjoyed it, I even wanted to do skipping a bit.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Ben and Arthur :( Also Star Wars Holiday Special , oh deary me
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Illegal In Blue:o
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm another one who isn't embarrassed about what I watch, so I have no real problem admitting I saw SpiceWorld :)
  • WolfGirl2WolfGirl2 Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Not embarassed but I wouldn't tell them that one of my favourite films is Irreversible because they would think I was weird!
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Mean Girls, Legally Blonde etc basically all silly teen comedies.
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bridget Jones Diary. :o

Watched it with my boyfriend at the time but it's not my style at all. I'm not embarrassed that I've seen it I'm just not gonna tell anyone. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    A Serbian Film (uncut) is probably the only film that i'm careful talking about in front of friends, purely because i don't want them to google it and read about THAT scene and think i'm some kind of sick freak.

I'm not embarassed about liking chick flicks or anything though, i'll openly admit to liking Bridesmaids (saw it at the cinema and got it on Blu Ray too), Mean Girls and other films like that, i watched and enjoyed The Notebook the other week too. I even love Titanic and saw it in IMAX a few months ago (Blu Ray on pre-order!) :D. If something is entertaining and has a good story it shouldn't matter what the primary audience is supposed to be, it should be enjoyable for everyone, regardless of gender. I'd never admit to liking Sex And The City though, but that's mainly because both movies are cinematic shit stains :p
  • alunrwalunrw Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I'm not at all embarrassed by it, but I do get a lot of stick in work about a film I mentioned called "nude nuns with big guns", they seem to suggest I only watch "dodgy" films :-) it's subsequently been on the horror channel a few times, sort of a low budget quentin tarantino type film. It's now acquired cult status in work.