Options

Loose Women - dying on its arse

DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
Forum Member
✭✭
I would've thought they wouldn't be short of people lining up to hawk their cheesy wares, but quite often lately the qualtiy of the guests have been as terrible as The Wright Stuff, and some days they don't even HAVE a guest!

I saw an advert yesterday for a 'Celebrity Booker' for the show, and nothing was more true on the same day when their sole guest was the 83-year-old bloke who's still lusting after a woman he hasn't seen for 50 years. WTF!?!

Comments

• Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people don't want to be associated with that show. one of the worst shows ever.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need stronger panellists, not take-a-breakers/Chat/New! fodder and then the decent guests would follow
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    people don't want to be associated with that show. one of the worst shows ever.

Why is it worse than all the others?
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Why is it worse than all the others?

i don't really know any other shows like loose women. it's just a bunch of women/ex corrie actors or part time actors interviewing people (badly). i honestly don't know how it's survived this long.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Years ago I loved that show and would even record it to watch when back in from work.
    Now if I am at home it may be on in the background to keep me company, but rarely will I sit down and watch it properly.

Whoever is on it nowadays as a panelist or guest, it is just same old same old......
    I would not miss it if it got cancelled at all now.
    Sometimes shows just go on for too long when they are past their sell by date.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it reset itself back to the early days recently, but as has been mentioned it's really had it's day as a concept.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Years ago I loved that show and would even record it to watch when back in from work.
    Now if I am at home it may be on in the background to keep me company, but rarely will I sit down and watch it properly.

Whoever is on it nowadays as a panelist or guest, it is just same old same old......
    I would not miss it if it got cancelled at all now.
    Sometimes shows just go on for too long when they are past their sell by date.

I used to record it too and watch it the evening, but now if I happen to be around when the theme tune starts I rush to switch it off, I just find the show so irritating and boring now.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judge Judy on CBS Reality, Wonder if we could have a UK version of it in the place of Loose Women?
  • Options
    Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Judge Judy on CBS Reality, Wonder if we could have a UK version of it in the place of Loose Women?

Yes, really inspirational viewing. Jeremy Kyle rejects in the dock.
  • Options
    C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes ... almost as inspirational as "I hate men because one dumped me" every lunchtime.

It's as tired as Sara Millican's jokes, and I can't begin to wonder how it got past a screen test in the first place.

Not everyone watching TV at that time of day is a bitter and twisted Hello reader. A one trick pony if ever there was one.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C Horse wrote: »
    Yes ... almost as inspirational as "I hate men because one dumped me" every lunchtime.

It's as tired as Sara Millican's jokes, and I can't begin to wonder how it got past a screen test in the first place.

Not everyone watching TV at that time of day is a bitter and twisted Hello reader. A one trick pony if ever there was one.

I liked it years ago when it first started. Kay Adams was a good presenter and I like Carol McGiffin in those days too. Too much Denise Welsh, Coleen Nolan and Sheree Hewson put me off it. However, it's had a good run - probably time for a new format.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Its ok..but I think 30 minutes is long enough tbh
  • Options
    ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Im sure there used to be a programme on of a morning called 'peoples court' or something. Maybe bring that back.

I cannot stand Loose Women. It is just garbage. It is so cringe when they are drooling over young men guests too.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ursula321 wrote: »

It is so cringe when they are drooling over young men guests too.

Yes I have to agree there, especially when Colon Nolan and Bristol Cream would touch them up!
  • Options
    Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    ursula321 wrote: »
    Im sure there used to be a programme on of a morning called 'peoples court' or something. Maybe bring that back.

I cannot stand Loose Women. It is just garbage. It is so cringe when they are drooling over young men guests too.
    They don't do that anymore. Format changed when Welch and co went. Now it is more about current affairs. Not much man bashing going on either. Janet has the occasional dig but it is fleeting. The quality went up when the old school left. Ruth Langsford, Kaye Adams, Jane Moore and JSP are very intelligent presenters/ journalists.