Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Rowan Atkison a couple of days ago.

I was just leaving a job and he was getting into his car (a beautiful Aston Martin, I so want one:p)

I think he's great in his TV shows, and I just couldn't help myself and said hello, nice car.

He gave me a bit of a weird look and I thought it was gonna be one of those nightmares, when some celeb you like turns out to be a ****.

I was smiling like a simpleton, and mumbling about how I liked his shows and he then gave me a smile.

It was all a bit awkward, he came across as really nice but very shy, and I was like a grinning idiot.

We exchanged comments about the car, and I fished out a marker pen and he signed my toolbag (random)

When he talks, he makes the Queen sound like a chav:D

I believe it's because of his stutter, apparently his RP accent is to compensate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met The Saturdays again and were lovely! Rochelle definetely the nicest of out the girls! I also met the girlband Parade and they were sooooo lovely! Sian (coloured girl) was very cuddly!
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend met Sienna Miller recently - said she's boring, dull and completely up her own a*se.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    My friend met Sienna Miller recently - said she's boring, dull and completely up her own a*se.
    And a crap actress too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Had an interesting chat with a friend on Saturday whose husband is a first class steward on a well-known airline. Apparently when Ms Blacks name appears on the passenger list none of them want to do that flight because she is so obnoxious!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Joan Collins - surprisingly friendly!
    Graham Norton - lovely (although I was a bit of a chump!)
    Camilla P-B - SUCH a nice, warm woman. I'm not a royalist at all, but am fully behind her being Queen!
    Jerry Springer - very friendly, happy, and polite, but not sure he came accross as genuine.
    Mark Lamarr - TOSSER!!!! Real Tosser.
    Damon Albarn - mmm....... neither nice nor nasty. Just kind of blah.
    Ricky Whittle - Lovely Lovely Lovely Lovely guy
    Chris Fountain - likewise (but a bit daft!)
    Alex Carter - such a nie bloke
    some other HO cast - not so great!
  • ChickenStuChickenStu Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Celebs I've served when I worked in a petrol station-

Jonny Briggs (Mike Baldwin in Coronation Street) - kind of a rude jerk. He came into my petrol station to aks for directions and got pissed off when he got recognised.

Anton Rogers - Complete gent, signed an autograph for my Dad.

Jimmy Hill - Again, complete gent. Wished me a merry christmas!

Red Dwarf II DVD Signing

Craig Charles - Little bit awkward. Still shook my hand though.

Chris Barrie - Complete gent

Danny john Jules - Was talking to someone behind him but seemed nice enough.

Comic con 2009

Scott Bakula (Sam Beckett out of Quantum Leap) - Was a bit dissapointed as he seemed somewhat stand-offish. Still, probably had been having a bad day. I've heard others say he's been nice to them, so I let it slide.

Michael Ironside (Just google him if you don't recognise the name, second you see his face you'll be like OH THAT GUY!!!) - Complete legend. Did a line out of Starship Troopers.

Jewel Staite (off Firefly, Serenity, Stargate Atlantis) seemed a bit stuck up, and REALLY false. I made a tastless comment about how she's helping my son through his difficult teenage years.

Also, last year I went to see Senser at the Reading Sub 89 and met the singer, Heitham Al Sayed after. Was kind enough to pose for a photo with me.

That's all I got!
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    I went to see the Undertones play in Glasgow tonight , and found myself stood next to Michael Redmond , who is probably best remembered as playing Father Stone in Father Ted . He'd had a few drinks and we chatted for ages...really nice guy , he's living in Glasgow these days (you might not recognise the name , but you'll probably recognise his face )

http://www.hahaheehee.co.uk/comedians/michael-redmond.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I've met a good handful, and none have been bad. Some a bit indifferent, but nothing to complain about. The best were:

Benedict Cumberbatch - quite simply an angel on earth. Ever so lovely. We had a proper, good-length chat even though so many people wanted to speak to him (he gave so much time to every single person, he must have the patience of a saint), looked genuinely interested in what everybody was saying to him, asked questions to keep conversations going rather than trying to get away, and posed for a ridiculous number of photos, even apologising for looking 'rough' (which he really did not!)

David Tennant - back during the filming of Doctor Who series 3, he gave up his break to speak to fans rather than go back to base and get food, and spoke to us for a good twenty minutes. Such a nice man!

Freema Agyeman - quite simply THE friendliest, loveliest, most adorable person in the entire universe. Not just the nicest celeb I've ever met but one of the nicest people in general :D

Catherine Tate - quiet unless spoken to (I've heard people saying she's grumpy because she's not actively all 'HELLO FANS!!') but she's very sweet - once at filming she met several teenagers who all asked her to do 'Am I bothered?' and not only did she do it for everyone who asked, she went into a big long rant for everyone rather than just the one line.

Mark Gatiss - really funny, and patient with big groups

Russell T Davies - exactly as happy and enthusiastic as he comes across on television, spoke to me and my friends for absolutely ages and was really wonderful

David Morrissey - very friendly, seemed rather touched that people were interested in speaking to him

Eve Myles - ever so friendly, even asked if her autograph was good enough or whether I'd like her to try again and do it neater!

Andrew Scott - incredibly sweet, he seems far too adorable to play Moriarty!

Jamie Cullum - one of the highlights of my life, quite honestly! Hugged and kissed us all when we met, then spoke to us for ages, asked us if his set was alright because he'd been worried about which songs to do, and generally had a laugh. It was like having a chat with a mate.

Olly Murs - so very down to earth with lots of time for his fans, not affected by his fame whatsoever.

Do you live in/around Cardiff by any chance :p Glad to hear the ones in bold are all lovely because I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who/Torchwood :D
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at this fourm, Do you think a lot of the celebs who are belived to be rude are the ones more likley to appear on reality TV shows?

I think it was on that Michael Grade 'Variety' program that someone said that the graciousness with which a star treats people is in proportion to how famous they actually are. I.e a real star will be nice to people and it's the z-listers who are more likely to be tools.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misha06 wrote: »
    I met Rowan Atkison a couple of days ago.

I was just leaving a job and he was getting into his car (a beautiful Aston Martin, I so want one:p)

I think he's great in his TV shows, and I just couldn't help myself and said hello, nice car.

He gave me a bit of a weird look and I thought it was gonna be one of those nightmares, when some celeb you like turns out to be a ****.

I was smiling like a simpleton, and mumbling about how I liked his shows and he then gave me a smile.

It was all a bit awkward, he came across as really nice but very shy, and I was like a grinning idiot.

We exchanged comments about the car, and I fished out a marker pen and he signed my toolbag (random)

When he talks, he makes the Queen sound like a chav:D

I believe it's because of his stutter, apparently his RP accent is to compensate.

His pronounciation of BOB in the Blackadders had something to do with that.
  • SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice:

Boy George (was mates with him before Culture Club became well known ~ he's extremely witty and a nice bloke)

Mikey Craig (Culture Club bandmate ~ really cool guy, we used to sit and discuss our mutual love of reggae. I didn't really have much to do with Jon Moss or Roy Hay ~ they seemed quite shy)

Annie Lennox & Dave Stewart (very polite and unassuming ~ especially Annie)

Alan Minter (boxer, who gave me a cheeky snog on my 21st!)

Jools Holland (another polite, unassuming man)

Gary Numan (ditto)

Twiggy (who waved back at us, with a huge smile when we spotted her and her hubby Leigh at a Queen concert)

Vile:

Vinnie Jones (extremely arrogant, nasty man who thinks he's something really special!) :rolleyes:
  • Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celia Imrie - very nice and very funny

Neil and Christine Hamilton - a brilliant laugh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Danni minogue - horrendous[/QUOTE]

How was dannii Minogue horrendous? where was she? etc...? x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say that I only ever heard wonderful things about Camilla Parker-Bowles.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vivadiva wrote: »
    I must say that I only ever heard wonderful things about Camilla Parker-Bowles.

So have I. My Granddad and Auntie met her a few years ago and said she was lovely.
  • welshwaltzerwelshwaltzer Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Ruth Maddoc.
    Met her a few years ago after a show on the peir in Bournemouth
    She speaks quite posh. She just uses the welsh accent for the cameras.
    When asked about welsh her reply was "oh no I can't be bothered
    I just do enough to get through interviews"
    That's fine if it was someone who didn't milk the welsh accent for work.

Also met Lionel Blair from the same show - He was really nice, down to earth and a good laugh
    Totally different class.
  • LittleMissOboeLittleMissOboe Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I just came back from a pub on the thames, and Frank Lampard and Christine Bleakley were there - they were really friendly, and happy to chat to people. They seemed really relaxed and happy together too! was a nice surprise!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ezzy96 wrote: »
    Danni minogue - horrendous

[/QUOTE]

yeah i would love to know too, have met her twice & she's been lovely both times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When i was about 7 or 8 I met Cannon and Ball at Butlins in Ayr really nice and got pictures with everyone who went backstage.
    Last Year i met Wonderland at Blackpool all the girls were really friendly and chatted away to all the fans especially Kasey and Corrina.
    Also met some ex Celtic Players, Stilian Petrov, Didier Agathe, John Kennedy, Shunsuke Nakamura and also Gordon Strachan. All were very nice happy to sign autographs.
  • CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn`t meet him as such, but was standing next to a shop door the other day when Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen came out. The first thing that struck me was just how orange he was- like that other bloke from the TV a few years ago who used to be really orange. David Dickinson, that`s the bloke.
  • amiloamilo Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hendero wrote: »
    Ryan Giggs - couldn't have been nicer, more down-to-earth, and seemingly unimpressed with his own fame and accomplishments.

Robbie Fowler - 100% the opposite.

I've heard Ryan Giggs likes to keep a low profile all right.............;)
  • amiloamilo Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no reply!
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amilo wrote: »
    Oh no reply!

Thats for ***** reasons!;)