Options

How do you cook?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like several posters above, I lived on supermarket cook-chill meals for years.
    Then a couple of years ago I got motivated by the TV chefs to try proper cooking, and it's terrific.

Pros:
    It tastes better
    It costs less
    You know exactly what's in what you're eating
    Surfing round the net for recipes is good fun (and swapping recipes here)
    I feel better

Cons:
    More washing-up
  • Options
    dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Kacey, I got Nigella Express, Tylers Ultimate by Tyler Florence, Kitchen Diaries by Nigel Slater and Angela Hartnett's Cucina. I've also just returned from the US so as usual I bought loads of regional cookbooks back from there. I can't resist cookbooks and my case is always twice as heavy as it should be!:)

Like me I have lots and lots of US cookbooks...Regional etc............But as you know ingriedients are different ..measures are different.........There is this wonderful book you can get from Amazon......called *American Cooking in England* Ideal to use as reference!! Just a tip indianwells!! I have visited the States many,many times !! I have some little treasures!!!!
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like several posters above, I lived on supermarket cook-chill meals for years.
    Then a couple of years ago I got motivated by the TV chefs to try proper cooking, and it's terrific.

Pros:
    It tastes better
    It costs less
    You know exactly what's in what you're eating
    Surfing round the net for recipes is good fun (and swapping recipes here)
    I feel better

Cons:
    More washing-up

Spot on!
  • Options
    steph the spudsteph the spud Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    When I am cooking things, it is very rare I follow any of the instructions precisely and leave it to sheer dumb luck as to whether or not the finished meal turns out to taste the way I wanted it to! (More often than not, it hasn't quite turned out to taste the way I wanted it to! :p)