Options

Fleur East song spoiler

2»

Comments

• Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fleur east will be rapping this week! It is being billed as a timeless classic being given an urban twist. Off course it won't be to everyone's taste
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fleur east will be rapping this week! It is being billed as a timeless classic being given an urban twist. Off course it won't be to everyone's taste

Oh gosh...no offense, but please don't offend a classic by rapping...
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh gosh...no offense, but please don't offend a classic by rapping...

I hope it's I will always love you that song has been calling out for a remake for years
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's I will always love you that song has been calling out for a remake for years

She can rearrange it in whatever way she wants... But rapping would be truly offensive...
  • Options
    Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would adding a rap be so offensive? Surely the whole point is that Fleur, and all the contestants for that matter, should be adding their own spin to the songs they perform. Otherwise it'd just be a glorified karaoke contest. If the public are to eventually invest in one, or more, of these acts, they have to prove they can do more than just take a song and sing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arthur_B wrote: »
    Why would adding a rap be so offensive? Surely the whole point is that Fleur, and all the contestants for that matter, should be adding their own spin to the songs they perform. Otherwise it'd just be a glorified karaoke contest. If the public are to eventually invest in one, or more, of these acts, they have to prove they can do more than just take a song and sing it.

Its disrespects the classic original version...you just do not tiych songs like that and start adding things... Just no...there is a time and place to rap, but not when you are dealing with classic songs...
  • Options
    sinbad22uksinbad22uk Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't matter which song it is, it will be one of the best XFactor performances ever , hailed as great by the judges and the sheep will be queueing up at their troughs to spend their hard earned cash voting for her.

Standard.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just cant wait to see Fleur tomorrow evening. The one class act in the show.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Fleur does reach the final, I would like her to duet with Emeli Sande & perform the more upbeat "Read all about it" with Fleur doing Profressor Greens rap part. It would make a refresing change to the wrist slitting dull as dishwater version of the song without the rap. Also I would love for one of the contestants to get the the rights to perform "Next to me", would make a nice change to the mind numbingly boring "Clown".
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Every Woman, surely?

I was right! :D
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Fleur does reach the final, I would like her to duet with Emeli Sande & perform the more upbeat "Read all about it" with Fleur doing Profressor Greens rap part. It would make a refresing change to the wrist slitting dull as dishwater version of the song without the rap. Also I would love for one of the contestants to get the the rights to perform "Next to me", would make a nice change to the mind numbingly boring "Clown".

And the brilliant Emiel is on the show this weekend.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Just cant wait to see Fleur tomorrow evening. The one class act in the show.

Do me a favour. After xfactor is finished go back and look at all your threads and posts re Fleur, it's like Groundhog Day!
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Do me a favour. After xfactor is finished go back and look at all your threads and posts re Fleur, it's like Groundhog Day!

hes like one of those toys with a preset number of one-liners and just randomly posts them in any thread with the word "fleur" in the title
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same every year when an overrated Urban / Soul contestant enters the competition

Over the years we have had the likes of

TreyC
    Misha B
    Hannah Barrett
    Tamera
    Rachel Hylton
    Gamu

None of which had the X Factor, with exception of Tamera who could have been great if she didn't keep forgetting her lyrics on stage, as well as her off stage activites letting her down. TreyC / Misha B / Hannah were screechy shouty divas, some members on here claimed that they have soul, of course they had soul, they sucked the souls out of everyone that didn't push the mute button.

No doubt the same will happen next year and the year after that for the entire future of the X Factor & The Voice, an overrated Urban contestant will get pluged every moment possible, yet the majority of them don't always last until the final as in Simons words, they were good but they were not great !.
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same every year when an overrated Urban / Soul contestant enters the competition

Over the years we have had the likes of

TreyC
    Misha B
    Hannah Barrett
    Tamera
    Rachel Hylton
    Gamu

None of which had the X Factor, with exception of Tamera who could have been great if she didn't keep forgetting her lyrics on stage, as well as her off stage activites letting her down. TreyC / Misha B / Hannah were screechy shouty divas, some members on here claimed that they have soul, of course they had soul, they sucked the souls out of everyone that didn't push the mute button.

No doubt the same will happen next year and the year after that for the entire future of the X Factor & The Voice, an overrated Urban contestant will get pluged every moment possible, yet the majority of them don't always last until the final as in Simons words, they were good but they were not great !.

I presume you are white... personally as a black person I usually support acts who are soul/RnB/Hip-Hop/Rap as that's the music I have grown up with. But that doesn't mean I only support black acts... Paul was 'urban/soul' or w/e you wanna call it, and I really liked him.
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the frozen singalong fleur said her song is a performance of two halves , it is a legendary song but has been given an urban twist, to modernise it! I'm intrigued

So she's adding her own little rap to whatever she sings then I take it **rollseyes**
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I presume you are white... personally as a black person I usually support acts who are soul/RnB/Hip-Hop/Rap as that's the music I have grown up with. But that doesn't mean I only support black acts... Paul was 'urban/soul' or w/e you wanna call it, and I really liked him.

Yes I am white, but I do love a lot of Black artists such as Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder, Barry White, Seal, Snoop Dog, Wyclef especially the Fugees, Whitney Houston's earlier material, Michael Jackson. Alicia Keys, 2pac

However when it comes to Black females rapping / singing, it really is hit and miss for me, I may like the odd track, but I probably wouldn't like their whole Album, take Beyonce for example, I loved Crazy in love & Baby Boy, but I didn't rate her other songs either as a solo artist or with Destiny's Child. Another artist that is hit & miss with me is Emeli Sande, I loved "Next to me", didn't mind "Beneath your beautiful", but I only liked the version of "Read all about it", that she done with Professor Green, the slowed down wrist slitting version & Clown gets muted whenever it comes on the radio / TV, as I really cannot stick them.