To all of you saying Diana's song is a rip off of Under the Bridge.....

JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
Forum Member
✭✭✭
You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!

That is a classic, a standard. Diana's nonsense may have a few similar notes in the chorus, but as a replication? Now, come on!

Um, here ya go:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwlogyj7nFE&ob=av2n

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37VRszpU_Ig

Jeez!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she did admit to listening to Under the Bridge before recording the chorus.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah sounds nothing like it to me.
  • JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she should have won two years ago as she is unique. But like Alex she needs to put clothes on and sell the vocal not her body.
  • BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact people are only talking about the rip-off chorus sums up just how terrible the song is as a whole.
  • Juliet_G_Juliet_G_ Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    My boyfriend despises X Factor (& RHCP actually) so was not watching or listening to the show but heard a snatch of this & immediately said 'isn't that the Chillis?'.

So it's more obvious than you think unfortunately!
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, apart from the fact that none of the notes, or chords, or rhythm is the same, yes IT SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!1:mad:!!!!!:mad::mad:!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:!!!!!!!!!:mad:!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I'll admit, it didn't hit me at first but the tune sounded familiar. But a few people have said to me that they thought it sounded like Under the Bridge. I think Diana is talented, but last night's performance just sounded like screeching to me (sorry to all the Vickers fans).
  • JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    um, have attempted to resply in this thread several times,but each time computer crashes. Beware the Vickers!
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even as a life-long fan of RHCP, I can't really understand these claims. I quite like The Vickers, but I wouldn't be too keen on the idea of anyone ripping off the Chilis so if I could hear any stand-up evidence of it myself I'd probably think twice about her - but I spent the majority of my adolesence listening to 'Under The Bridge' and I don't notice anything worth making a fuss about, chorus or elsewhere.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are only so many notes/combinations out there - I bet every "new" song this year sounds like something that's been before.
    The attached youtube link is quite funny; it's an Aussie comedy group demonstrating how the same 4 chords are used in virtually every cheesey song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHBVnMf2t7w