Options

Bullseyes and Beer - When Darts hit Britain on BBC Four Right now

owen10owen10 Posts: 128,000
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Is anyone of you watching this it is showing the history of Darts It is very interesting

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy_CarterJimmy_Carter Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. It doesn't look like anyone was!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It's a repeat. It was discussed in the darts thread last year.
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see it last year (and consequently had no idea it was a repeat - I'm not one of those who studies the listings to check these things, I just watch what I like the look of!) but have just caught up with it from my planner (been a busy week!).

I thought it was really interesting - and I'm someone who has no interest in darts, per se, at all! We used to watch 'Bullseye' when it was on tv back in the 80s as a family, and I'm aware of the 'big names' from the last 30 years or so when it comes to the professional game, but that's about it!

However, this programme managed to tell the story of darts in the 'mainstream' of people's consciousness in a way that meant you don't need to enjoy, like or know much about the game in order to appreciate that it's a huge part of many people's lives, both amateur and professional, and part of a big sporting business too.

I'm pleased it was on, repeat or not (and pleased there's a chance to say so on the tv thread - I don't even know where to find the darts thread! :blush:) and I do enjoy a lot of BBC4's output of an evening with some real gems tucked away sometimes. :)