EE - do you care about the Golds?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seems odd they slipped that 'reveal' in last night's episode. I don't particularly dislike the Golds but I realised I didn't actually care about them when Vanessa did her reveal to Harry about him not being Jodie's dad... Yet some people on the episode thread seemed to think that could have been the doof-doof.

Was it too soon for that piece of information??

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milmol wrote: »
    Seems odd they slipped that 'reveal' in last night's episode. I don't particularly dislike the Golds but I realised I didn't actually care about them when Vanessa did her reveal to Harry about him not being Jodie's dad... Yet some people on the episode thread seemed to think that could have been the doof-doof.

Was it too soon for that piece of information??

I think they didn't want to overshadow Carol's story. This is just the beginning
    Harry kidnaps Jack on the eve of his wedding
  • LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I care about the Golds, theyre good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need to see more of them before I start to care I think, I don't feel like I actually know them for this reveal to interest me although then again maybe it will get me interested.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I guess I don't care since this thread enlightened me to their surname!
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Ummmmmmm nah.

I think the father could make an interesting character, but the daughter really annoys me and Tanya Turner is just ... there, nothing special.
  • ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    It's interesting what they have tried to do with them and the whole Essex glam thing but I'm not sure its working.

Tanya Turner was just too well known. Its hard watching Zoe play anyone else. I think Vanessa has protential but I think Jodie is awful and not the sort of character that fits in EastEnders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    I think Zoe Lucker is a real asset to the show.... Vanessa and Harry have a lot of potential.

I've been giving Jodie a chance but the character still continues to fall flat. Pairing her with Darren - who is a waste of space - has really been detrimental imo.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    I like them, I have always liked Zoe in anything she does. And Jodie is such a sweet character, simple but sweet :D I don't like Harry though, he is nasty, hope Max gives him a thump :D
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no op just gloryfied extras barbies too plastic, can jodie cope with more than 2 thoughts in her head before it explodes and he looks like toad of toad hall.

At least Barbie was'nt wearing that cream suit last night, so thats 2 sets of clothes it own.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry is very good - actor and character. I think they should settle him more into the Square and make him some enemies.

Vanessa is alright. Getting better.

Jodie is awful. Hope she's killed off with Darren.
  • LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Golds and am pleased that they are getting their own story with twists and turns in the next few weeks.
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    I didn't even realise the reveal had actually happened last night :o so shows how much I care about them! :o

I do like Harry though - very good character played by a great actor.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry could be interesting, I'll wait and see but I could not care less about Vanessa and Jodie.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    I like Jodie, om nom nom nom :D.

But otherwise, nope, couldn't care less.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I wonder who is Jodies father..and yeap plastic is what vanessa is lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    I wonder who is Jodies father..and yeap plastic is what vanessa is lol

Think this is possibly another factor as to why I didn't really care. Its not as if we are likely to know her real father. I don't find myself longing to know how Jodie will take the news and having seen so little of Harry, similarly I don't really think I care about him being heartbroken by it.

As spoiler suggests above though (hadn't heard that one:eek:) it looks like maybe its more of a plot device than tptb actually inviting or wanting us to care about Harry & Jodie...
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I like Jodie that much tbh. Although Vanessa and Harry have potential. I think Vanessa and Gregg have spiced up the Brannings IMO :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    I really like Vanessa and Harry. I think their relationship is very interesting and we haven't seen much of that at all.

I like Jodie as well but feel she can be a little overwhelming at times - nothing to do with the actress - just the way she is written.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I dont care about the Golds... yet. But then I never really like new EE families until theyve been around for a while. I didnt used to care about the Masoods but now I love them.
  • Sierra-OscarSierra-Oscar Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really don't like them, Jodie's the best of a bad lot and that's not saying a lot.

They've given them a run of storylines that need you to be emotionally involved (as it were) to feel sorry for any of them and they just don't have that IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I don't care about them!
    I like Harry the character and the actor but no, zoe lucker and her daughter i don't like one bit i just can't take to them i loved tanya turner she was one of my fave characters ever in FW but for me zoe in EE is just not working or her daughter.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no - and it shows when they give them reveals like this I think "who cares or so what".

Jodie is an awful character.
  • ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jodie is a very pretty girl.
    She has such a lovely smile.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    The only one I think has potential is Harry.
  • jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only one I think has potential is Harry.

This
    I'm really looking forward to see what they do with Harry. It's about time we hada decent male character.