Duck Quacks Don't Echo

cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
Forum Member
Anyone else enjoy this show? Some of the stuff they talk about is really daft but it's good fun :D I hope it returns for a second series.

Comments

• derek500derek500 Posts: 24,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back later in the year.

Don't watch comedy panel shows so it passed me by.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Saw a few minutes of it. I wasn't that impressed. I expected more.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when / where is it on ?
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It’s just finished its run on Sky One on Friday nights, with a ‘family friendly’ version on Sunday evenings.

I’ve only just started watching it on Sky+. Its quite good, sort of a mix of QI and Brainiac. It has some good guests. Sky One are clearly wanted to replicate the success they’ve had with League of Their Own. I didn’t know it had been given a second series so that’s good news.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    when / where is it on ?

Sky One, normally on Friday nights but they show repeats on Wednesdays as well on either Sky One or Sky Two.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I thought it was quite a good series. Obviously it depends on the facts and the panel wether or not they get the best comedy or information out of it.

The end of series highlights show was pretty good so if people give that a watch then it may help to decide if the series if for them or not.
  • David AndersonDavid Anderson Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    I liked the idea of it but I don't like panel shows lasting for longer than 30 mins. I like Lee Mack so I hope this show is a success but if it is going to be 60 mins (about 50 if you take out adverts) than it needs 3 guests who are popular in the world of comedy.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I liked the idea of it but I don't like panel shows lasting for longer than 30 mins. I like Lee Mack so I hope this show is a success but if it is going to be 60 mins (about 50 if you take out adverts) than it needs 3 guests who are popular in the world of comedy.
    It is an Hour long, and thankfully, it didn't just need comedians to make the show work - one of the best episodes was with Stephen Graham, who scared the other two, Richard Ayoade and Miranda Hart - other non comedy panellists did well too - John Hannah, Sara Cox, even Terry Wogan and Paul Hollywood, did well.

For me it was the funniest Panel shows I had seen in a long time.

Pleased there is going to be a second series.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught an episode and all I really remember about it was being distracted by the constant audience whoops despite it having obviously been filmed in a broom cupboard.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it. Mainly because I thought the experiments seemed pretty-well designed.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lenitive wrote: »
    Caught an episode and all I really remember about it was being distracted by the constant audience whoops despite it having obviously been filmed in a broom cupboard.

https://rewards.sky.com/skyloyalty/home/audience-tickets/duck-quacks-dont-echo-audience-tickets/show-timings/index.html

It was recorded in front of a studio audience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »

Interesting! There was some very dodgy sound editing going on then, and I don't remember seeing any shots of the audience.
  • richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Lenitive wrote: »
    Interesting! There was some very dodgy sound editing going on then, and I don't remember seeing any shots of the audience.

There is quite a bit of interaction with the audience in the show. One of the rounds involves the celebs picking a fact that an audience member has brought in, and then that member of the audience reads it out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richparr wrote: »
    There is quite a bit of interaction with the audience in the show. One of the rounds involves the celebs picking a fact that an audience member has brought in, and then that member of the audience reads it out.

Oh okay, I'll have to catch it when it's on again.
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the series kind of like mythbusters and QI rolled into one.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed the show but found the background on the set rather migraine inducing, get rid of that for the 2nd series!
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    yeah i watched it , really enjoyed it. I have a weird crush on lee mack though , is that weird :blush:
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    New series starting on 1st September at 8pm :D I can't wait! Anyone else looking forward to it?
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    New series starting on 1st September at 8pm :D I can't wait! Anyone else looking forward to it?

didnt know this , thanks for the info
    i will be watching :)
  • doe_a_deerdoe_a_deer Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good concept for a show and good line-ups of guests but most of the facts and their proofs were totally non-interesting. Most people love to hear amazing facts but things like '70% of people tilt their head to the right when kissing' or 'men/women (I can't even remember which it was) are better at multi-tasking' are in no way interesting or astonishing.

Also, whilst I like Lee Mack's stand up comedy and think he works well with David Mitchell on Would I Lie To You, I didn't enjoy him as a presenter. I thought he was very one-dimensional in terms of '70s 'Blackpool pier' type humour, very obvious '...... I knew a girl like that once' type jokes.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught one episode and thought it was alright. It's not a show that I would go out of my way to see though e.g. by watching it on-demand, so in that respect, it's unfortunate it's not a show on one of the 5 terrestrial channels. I very rarely watch anything on Sky 1, so I'll probably forget to tune in when the show is on.
  • Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the first series

I'm very happy to see another one is on soon
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    doe_a_deer wrote: »
    Good concept for a show and good line-ups of guests but most of the facts and their proofs were totally non-interesting. Most people love to hear amazing facts but things like '70% of people tilt their head to the right when kissing' or 'men/women (I can't even remember which it was) are better at multi-tasking' are in no way interesting or astonishing.

Also, whilst I like Lee Mack's stand up comedy and think he works well with David Mitchell on Would I Lie To You, I didn't enjoy him as a presenter. I thought he was very one-dimensional in terms of '70s 'Blackpool pier' type humour, very obvious '...... I knew a girl like that once' type jokes.
    Although I generally agree about the show and Mack I do like the show and Mack.

He is that type of comedian. Basically he is a one liner. 8 Out of 10 Cats had Dave Spikey as a team captain and since they've had other northerners in Manford and Richardson. Lee Mack could have been a seemless replacement for Spikey. Good luck though that he got the WILTY gig opposite Mitchell instead as it is a great double act.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    doe_a_deer wrote: »

Basically you didn't like this, apart from the guests.

Thought real and not so real Facts - were great, yes, some were very silly, but overall most were fun facts....and the interaction with the audience was a big plus, that made for an even more enjoyable show.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back on Sky 1 tonight at 8pm with a new series.

This seems to have come very quickly after the first series, does anyone know if they filmed the two series back to back?