Options

A walk for Jade...absolute disgrace

MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/efnews/4148760.LOUGHTON__Charity_walk_set_to_raise_money_for_Jade_Goody/

Jade's children are already sorted for life if they are careful with their money, so why should the public be hoodwinked into giving their cash for her already provided for children? The money should be given to cancer charities for people who are suffering like she is.

This puts her in a new light as far as I am concerned.

Comments

• Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    and you couldn't put this on the existing thread????
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My comment in the other thread says it all.

This really is a new low in an absolutely disgusting situation.
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's disgusting :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/efnews/4148760.LOUGHTON__Charity_walk_set_to_raise_money_for_Jade_Goody/

Jade's children are already sorted for life if they are careful with their money, so why should the public be hoodwinked into giving their cash for her already provided for children? The money should be given to cancer charities for people who are suffering like she is.

This puts her in a new light as far as I am concerned.

Yet another Jade thread - what the hell are we all going to talk about when she finally dies!?
  • Options
    PufflePuffle Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another Jade thread - what the hell are we all going to talk about when she finally dies!?

something worthwhile I hope
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back to Jordan and Kerry Krackhead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Puffle wrote: »
    something worthwhile I hope

What? On a showbiz forum - I highly doubt it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I thought this deserved it's own thread to highlight how disgusting that she has conned the public into helping her support her already multi-millionaire children when the money should be going to charity. The public are expected to fork out a minimum of £5 for this walk, my advice give it direct to a cancer charity, it wil be more beneficial for ALL.

I do hope that the facebook page for the walk is getting a large number of negative comments.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Im glad they have reported it in the paper because going by the comments only 1 person actually agrees with this. People should know about this. It's disgraceful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    No, I thought this deserved it's own thread to highlight how disgusting that she has conned the public into helping her support her already multi-millionaire children when the money should be going to charity. The public are expected to fork out a minimum of £5 for this walk, my advice give it direct to a cancer charity, it wil be more beneficial for ALL.

But there is already a thread about this called 'Walk for Jade'
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member

I do hope that the facebook page for the walk is getting a large number of negative comments.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/02/25/jade-goody-charity-walk-friends-and-family-join-fund-raising-event-115875-21150669/

Relevant sentence:

"Money raised will go to a cancer charity of Jade’s choice"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »

And I thank you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not according to the link to the other article posted by myself, unless they have changed that due to overwhelming public opposition about not donating it to charity rather than line Jade's pockets further.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but apparently she will be elling balloons for a fiver - and the proceeds go directly to her millionaire sons. What a flaming cheek!
  • Options
    Forum Member

But you can't just decide to make your kids a charity can you? Don't they have to be a registered charity? I know she's taken things far but I don't think they're at that stage yet.

Hmm hasn't this already been dealt with on the other thread?

As I understood it that the walk was for a proper charity and then the balloons and merchandise was for the kids (still outrageous) - someone quoted on the OTHER thread the facebook explanation....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That was a mistake by the Daily Mirror. The organisers are perfectly clear that ALL the money will go to Jade to be paid into her trust fund for the boys. There is a site link to the Haven House Hospice if anyone wants to donate to that as well; it is (quite erroneously and inexcusably) described as a 'related cause'. It is extremely unfortunate that some of the people reading the site (including a Daily Mirror journalist who should have known better) assumed that the money would go to a charity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And I thank you!

If you read the other thread on this the facebook page set up by the organisers is very clear that the money is going to Jades children. The Mirror got it wrong
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Yes, but apparently she will be elling balloons for a fiver - and the proceeds go directly to her millionaire sons. What a flaming cheek!

From what I have read she (JG) is not selling balloons, some people who want to sell balloons and give the money to her sons are doing this. So isn't your problem with them, not her? And I disagree with them by the way, if I were them I would give the money to charity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »

Nope.. all money raised on the day is going to the boys. But if you wish to donate to Haven House the facebook page gives you a link
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fringo wrote: »
    But you can't just decide to make your kids a charity can you? Don't they have to be a registered charity? I know she's taken things far but I don't think they're at that stage yet.

Hmm hasn't this already been dealt with on the other thread?

As I understood it that the walk was for a proper charity and then the balloons and merchandise was for the kids (still outrageous) - someone quoted on the OTHER thread the facebook explanation....

This walk is not for charity - it is for Jade. Unbelievably some people on the site are discussing going on the Race for Life (a major charity fundraiser that takes a year to organise) and diverting their share of the charity money raised to Jade's trust fund. I am sure that Jade knows nothing of this and would hate to think of charity money being siphoned off like this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are not allowed to they need a licence and have to explain how it will be benifiting the public.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    If she wants to donate some money to charity as she claims, maybe she might consider this one.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/charity/charitynews/4150356./

I think it's disgusting that the Government who bailed out the big banks, only for us to learn that the top executives of these banks were still getting their bonuses, totalling millions. But they could not help out this wonderful charity.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    If she wants to donate some money to charity as she claims, maybe she might consider this one.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/charity/charitynews/4150356./

I think it's disgusting that the Government who bailed out the big banks, only for us to learn that the top executives of these banks were still getting their bonuses, totalling millions. But they could not help out this wonderful charity.

yes, RBOS bloke gets sixty five thousand pounds a year. And I won.t get a bonus from my shares. Anyone want to chip into the "poor old fred fund"
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    This is a bit like the Mcann's thing, setting a fund for themselfs even though they are well off, I doubt that she'll be able make it into a charity since the Mcann's couldn't, But I'm not surprised that some misguided people will give her money.
  • Options
    wolfpawwolfpaw Posts: 10,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As others have said, and I've tried to keep my views out of the 'Jade' threads, but this latest development is absolutely disgusting. If her friends want to give her money then let them get on with it, but to try and get members of the public involved when Jade is already rich beyond the dreams of avarice (apparently not, it seems) is outrageous.

:mad: