1252627282931»

Comments

• Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    Agreed.

This whole incident has made me go right off the whole lot of them. What Judy said was ignorant and awful. No, the rape threats were not okay but that they care more about that than learning from their mistakes and showing sensitivity to actual rape victims speaks volumes about them. Don't get me started on what I think of the proposed Chloe's Law...I'd probably get banned for bad language or something.

I couldn't stand them to begin with; on the one hand Judy is quite dismissive of it, saying that it wasn't a violent rape, as if it's of no consequence, then the lot of them are up in arms because their daughter has been threatened with rape on'Twitter'. Judy Finnegan is past her sell-by date now and should retire gracefully, instead of coming out with stupid comments without thinking.
  • Options
    Joe_TotaleJoe_Totale Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    I couldn't stand them to begin with; on the one hand Judy is quite dismissive of it, saying that it wasn't a violent rape, as if it's of no consequence, then the lot of them are up in arms because their daughter has been threatened with rape on'Twitter'. Judy Finnegan is past her sell-by date now and should retire gracefully, instead of coming out with stupid comments without thinking.
    The facts of the Evans rape case are quite unusual though, are they not?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swaydog wrote: »
    Yes, when you make a request at 1am then you might be waiting some time for an answer.
    I didn't claim she's been successful in claiming any money..... yet.
    Given that she's anonymous I doubt it would be published anyway.

I was giving my opinion on her motives for going along with this police instigated prosecution...based on her tweets, that she's since deleted.

Such as

"when I win big.....# scaredformylife..HaHa"

" I will get us matching pink Mini Coopers.HaHa"

"I'll make your dreams come true, HaHa"

"Well ones I'll treat us to an amazing holiday"

There is a link from the guy who recovered these deleted tweets, but I won't post it as it names the woman and has photos of her.

None of which refer to the case in any way, shape or form. I've had similar conversations with friends when we've been discussing what we'd do if we won the lottery. The guy who stuck his nose in to recover those tweets not only had no business doing so, but also could not dig up anything where the victim, or anyone she was conversing with, referred to the impending court case.

And given Team Evans' relaxed approach to preserving the victims' anonymity, if she HAD made any financial claim it would be all over the media in minutes. She very clearly has done nothing of the sort.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    well technically she didn't know what the hell she was doing so i suppose the new rule is that for us blokes is that :-

1. Get her to the cop shop for a breathalyser...unfit to drive....point her to the cab rank and tell her to go home

2. If you can't do number 1...take her to the taxi rank and put her in a taxi

3. If 1 & 2 don't work grab a cab yourself and leave her at the taxi rank making sure that people see that you've left her unmolested.

4. If all else fails just stay in the house with about 10 people who will verify that the only time you've been out of their sight was to visit the loo

5. real desperate measure to ensure you're safe turn up at the cop shop and pee all over the place after putting her in a taxi and get arrested as there will be no problems then explaining the time line
    I have no idea what you are talking about.