XF: UK vs US Series 1: Live Show #6

Comments

• ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam, that was an absolutely fantastic performance and re-arrangement of a hugely popular song. We had tough choices this week for lucky dip and I thought the vocals were absolutely fantastic. Naruto and Pingu, every week you say to me about the arrangement and style of song, but this week I have taken a risk and changed a song up. Do you really expect me to put Adam on the stage rapping to this song? No, because I wan't to keep him in the competition. Naruto, in regards to different arrangement, it was a struggle to find this one and with the lucky dip choices, I didn't have much choice, so I don't really agree with that this week. Adam, it was beautiful and I think you deserve a place in the next round and there was some beatboxing. Great performance!
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,530
    Forum Member
    Adam, that was an absolutely fantastic performance and re-arrangement of a hugely popular song. We had tough choices this week for lucky dip and I thought the vocals were absolutely fantastic. Naruto and Pingu, every week you say to me about the arrangement and style of song, but this week I have taken a risk and changed a song up. Do you really expect me to put Adam on the stage rapping to this song? No, because I wan't to keep him in the competition. Naruto, in regards to different arrangement, it was a struggle to find this one and with the lucky dip choices, I didn't have much choice, so I don't really agree with that this week. Adam, it was beautiful and I think you deserve a place in the next round and there was some beatboxing. Great performance!

Well said - the performance/ arrangement was an excellent choice for Adam
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges weren't overall too keen on Adam's Scream & Shout, but were you? To ensure Adam is safely through to Round 7 make sure you vote for him when the lines open!

Now to the only remaining Girl&Teen in the competition, also battling it out for the title of Top US 2012 Act - it's Diamond White!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mqs7XD0K7I
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naruto's comment
    Diamond, that was amazing! You came back after last week's sing off fighting. Your vocals shined and you are a talent. You can sing so beautifully and i really hope you do make it through to next weeks show. Please vote for Diamond!

Pingu's comment
    Diamond, I am really being harsh tonight. I thought like carolynne and adam, it was incredibly boring. Although I think your vocals were amazing which sort of made up for it. You were in the bottom last week and I think you could be there again.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diamond, I thought the vocals were simply stunning throughout. you honestly do deliever these ballads beautifully and you nearly brought a tear to my eye tonight. Amazing
    Forum Member
    jackamakka wrote: »
    The judges weren't overall too keen on Adam's Scream & Shout

3 out 5 in favour of his performance - I would say thats pretty good going

Diamond White
    Bottom 2 in the last show and the last of your category standing, I have to say I think you maxxed out with that lucky dip song. It completely suited you and showed a much more adult and mature side to you. I think it's probably your best performance for quite a few shows and I think it proved that you should have totally been saved in the last show. I really hope that you get the votes tonight as I think you've turned a corner and are right back in contention. Well done to you and Naruto (and the lucky dip machine).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diamond, it was dull as dishwater. Unfortunately, the lucky dip choice didn't help this week. You found yourself in the Bottom 2 last week and I don't think that performance has done much to help you. The vocals were nice, but it didn't really do much for me I'm afraid. Good luck with your next performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 out 5 in favour of his performance - I would say thats pretty good going
    Sorry, I didn't see the last two comments before I posted that :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed opinions on Diamond tonight. Remember that if she goes tonight, Paige Thomas wins the Top US 2012 Act title so get voting if you don't want this to happen!

Going now to the last of the Boys&Young Adults to perform in the first half - the jahmazing Jahmene Douglas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Cu0_A9YaY
    [Note: Imagine this in Jahméne’s tone]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naruto's comment
    I thought that it was such a great performance. The song choice was so clever and it suited you to a brim. I really liked that performance Jahmene and let's hope you can keep it up!

Pingu's comment
    Jahme that was jahmazing!! The vocals were on point and it was upbeat, with really big notes you had to reach. I loved everything about that and if your other song is as good as that, you do not have to be worried about being in the bottom!!
    Forum Member
    Jahméne Douglas
    I think you've been one of the most consistently brilliant acts on the show and Connor has done a very good job showcasing you. However all good things come to an end, I don't think it was totally bad but I don't think it completely worked for me. I get that we were lucky dipped the songs so the song choice isn't Connor's fault or your own, however I don't think the arrangement really suited you as an act or your voice in general. If I'm honest it felt a little bit weird and I felt it was a bit too oversung. I hope that people remember your past performances and you still have your 2nd performance to impress; so good luck I'm sure you'll be great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually thought that was a pretty solid performance. At the start I was a little bit confused and founding it quite difficult to imagine it in your tone.. but once we got to the chorus, it became a rocking performance. They way they you finished your notes was jahmazing. by the time we got to the end, that voice was priceless! Well, freakin', done!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The second of the Overs now, it's Melanie Masson, followed by a short break

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUVjTMHBucM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jahmene, that was absolutely frickin amazing. The vocals were on pointe, you hit those high notes with ease and we saw something completely different from you. Jahmene, you have showed us all throughout this competition how versatitle you are. The lucky dip choices proved a struggle this week, but I am glad I picked this song for you. It totally worked and you rocked it. You are a shining star.
    Forum Member
    Melanie Masson
    Lets be honest, that probably wouldn’t have been the first pick of song for you to sing, however the other alternative was DJ Fresh and Ms Dynamite which was an even worse choice for you. However we worked at this throughout the week and got an arrangement which suited you better. Whilst it probably wasn’t your best performance in this competition, your vocal is always faultless, your tone is amazing and you have immense stage presence. I hope people continue to support you in the votes; you’ve been one of the most consistent performers throughout the entire competition. You’ve still got one more song to go and I know that you’re totally going to nail it; Well Done!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a bit of a struggle imagining what would sound like 3 octaves higher if im honest. Im really not sure about this performance and the tempo, but i don't think you did bad considering the choices your mentor had. So Good luck tonight and I hope your next performance would be more convincing and totally blow me away
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie, you have been a consistent performer throughout the weeks of this competition and David has done wonders with you and showed us your a star. Unfortunately, the lucky dip song choice theme has hit you very hard. It was just lacking tonight Melanie. The vocals tonight were a bit rough at points, and I don't think the tone of the performance really suited you however that is not yours or David's fault because you didn't get much say in the song choice and like David said he couldn't give you Gold Dust. However, Melanie you really need to bring it in your second performance because you have had to a weak start to tonight's programme. I'm expecting big things in the second performance and I'm sure you'll be right back on track with your second song.
    Forum Member
    I'm currently preparing SO songs for both overs :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently preparing SO songs for both overs :)

if the vocals so far are anything to go by, I don't think Carolynne will be needing that tonight
    Forum Member
    if the vocals so far are anything to go by, I don't think Carolynne will be needing that tonight

Whilst I dont think anyone came out of the first round particularly well, I have a feeling tonight either over is going.

Has the same feeling with David - however looking at the songs for the 2nd round there are 2 acts which stand out as bad
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David, we still have the second performances to come. The first theme was really difficult tonight and most acts got some negative comments so don't panic yet. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND WE'RE BACK!
    Forum Member
    David, we still have the second performances to come. The first theme was really difficult tonight and most acts got some negative comments so don't panic yet. :)

I'm not panicing :D its only a game... i'm just being realistic + trying to be prepared :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not panicing :D its only a game... i'm just being realistic + trying to be prepared :)

You know what I mean. :p

I'm looking forward to both of their next performances. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry about that folks, had to rush off their! Going onto our second theme now.

The second theme was simply Songs by Former X Factor Contestants, either from the UK or the US. So Leona Lewis, Shayne Ward, Rebecca Ferguson, Matt Cardle etc are being interpreted on the stage next!

The first act to tackle their song is Paige Thomas performing US X Factor Season 1 winner Melanie Amaro's song Long Distance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPKa0knrLjQ