Options

Geordie Shore

Comments

• Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Also well have to see if the new talent they bring in have potential, I'm optimistic about newbies coming in. Agree to an extent with the others as it won't feel like the same show, then again on the other side of the coin, I think their trying to keep it as fresh as possible. :)

The way I see it is geordie shore stars can't be chained to a studio, people move on and it sounds like the leavers for the show will be very busy doing other things. :cool:

Its a bit like when alesha replaced Arlene on SCD, it took us a while to adapt, but we got used to it. The way I see it on geordie shore is the cast will probably temporarily weaken, but get stronger. MTV will have careful deliberation who they pick and whoever comes in won't be picked for meaningless reasons. :D

I think I'll leave it at that. :)
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doe_a_deer wrote: »
    Don't twist my words and misquote me like that. I didn't say a **** is someone who flirts with several guys.

Please enlighten me as to what you think a **** is then and tell me where I'm going wrong. (I don't think 'so what' is really a valid argument either.)

I didn't twist anything. You gave an example of why she's apparently a ****. She's flirted with the guys. Never mind the fact that she's only slept with one of them.

I don't use the word ****. I think it's ridiculous to try and shame someone for their sex life. As long as it's safe and legal, it's none of my business. I certainly would not refer to a girl a **** for sleeping with one guy. That's just ridiculous.
    Don't go taking any photos of yourself either, Whedonite, not even clothed ones. That's "slutty behaviour"... ;-)

Oh yes. I've already been informed that posing for a picture with my finger in my mouth is completely slutty :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    I didn't twist anything. You gave an example of why she's apparently a ****. She's flirted with the guys. Never mind the fact that she's only slept with one of them.

I don't use the word ****. I think it's ridiculous to try and shame someone for their sex life. As long as it's safe and legal, it's none of my business. I certainly would not refer to a girl a **** for sleeping with one guy. That's just ridiculous.

Oh yes. I've already been informed that posing for a picture with my finger in my mouth is completely slutty :p

Its what marnie's producer gives her, they devise how she will be and all of that. Wish some of these people on twitter would realise that GS is a scripted show, yet their taken in by edits with what is shown. Then again MTVs main concern is ratings, not viewer perception. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looked at the ratings on GS on Wikipedia and season 8 was the most watched series of all 8. Well done all GS cast members and production team. :D
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was s08 the one just ended?
    To me it felt that the show had run its course and was thoroughly boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was s08 the one just ended?
    To me it felt that the show had run its course and was thoroughly boring.

People decided to watch it nevertheless, I'm not talking out of my hat on ratings wise, its true. :D

Yep season eight was the one which just ended. I found it a riveting series from start to finish. :D

People may want original cast members back (Sophie, Greg, jay) however their busy with their own stuff so they can't return so the other originals that are leaving (Gary, holly, Vicky) will have their hands tied too. :D

People plan obviously on social media to watch it and tune in. Its still a very addictive show. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :-O Holly, Vicky AND Gary have left? WHAT?
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    No one has been confirmed as leaving yet as fr as I can see, and I don't think thisisbigbrother is a particularly reliable source - if it had been confirmed that X Y or Z was leaving all the news outlets including DS would be reporting it.

Anything we're hearing atm is just the rumour mill.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No one has been confirmed as leaving yet as fr as I can see, and I don't think thisisbigbrother is a particularly reliable source - if it had been confirmed that X Y or Z was leaving all the news outlets including DS would be reporting it.

I don't think charlottes dad is bluffing, he can pick up on quite a lot. It wouldn't surprise me if it was those three as they'll have other commitments in the pipeline. Even daily mail has said Vicky is an ex cast member so what is said could be very much a little bit near the truth. :cool:
  • Options
    Joline44Joline44 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well they are looking for new people to cast. It's all over their Twitter and Facebook. To me it sounds like people have left. I also don't think it's only rumours when both Sophie and Charlotte's dad have mentioned something about people leaving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joline44 wrote: »
    Well they are looking for new people to cast. It's all over their Twitter and Facebook. To me it sounds like people have left. I also don't think it's only rumours when both Sophie and Charlotte's dad have mentioned something about people leaving.

Exactly, I think the producers are getting ready for the second generation of geordie shore cast now. Suppose it'll keep things fresh, but at the same time they'll be a lot of very upset fans who just won't cope with change very well at all. Understandable as the people who are leaving have developed a sizeable fanbase, the new people coming in will probably have some sort of connection with the existing residents in the house anyway. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The trailer for season 9 looks great and will most probably give a taste of what we are gonna be in for. :D
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    How did I not know Kyle and Holly were actually dating??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2780415/Geordie-Shore-s-Holly-Hagan-boyfriend-Kyle-Christie-spotted-jewellers.html

I remember wandering at one point but couldn't find anything anywhere to suggest they actually were!

Cute couple and nice for Holly that it's actually working out - still can't stop looking at her teeth whenever I see her...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wonder who is gonna replace Gary, holly and Vicky? I know pretty much Aaron has replaced Gary in the narrative role so they may not need any new guys. It'll probably have a couple of strong female characters in to replace holly and Vicky. I think 4 females for series 10 with 4 guys is an ample balance. :D
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    How did I not know Kyle and Holly were actually dating??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2780415/Geordie-Shore-s-Holly-Hagan-boyfriend-Kyle-Christie-spotted-jewellers.html

I remember wandering at one point but couldn't find anything anywhere to suggest they actually were!

Cute couple and nice for Holly that it's actually working out - still can't stop looking at her teeth whenever I see her...

:eek: she looks HORRENDOUS! What on earth has she done to her face?! And so young as well!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    :eek: she looks HORRENDOUS! What on earth has she done to her face?! And so young as well!

It's a shame, isn't it? I think she's always come across as really insecure with all the 'why are none of the boys paying me attention' stuff. I follow her on Instagram and any time she posts a picture there are loads of folk saying she looks great but an equal amount calling her ugly, a slag etc. It must be quite hard for her. Of course she could stay off social media or make her account private! I don't really understand people who go on Twitter and Instagram just to slag off celebrities looks, but that's a discussion for another thread...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »
    It's a shame, isn't it? I think she's always come across as really insecure with all the 'why are none of the boys paying me attention' stuff. I follow her on Instagram and any time she posts a picture there are loads of folk saying she looks great but an equal amount calling her ugly, a slag etc. It must be quite hard for her. Of course she could stay off social media or make her account private! I don't really understand people who go on Twitter and Instagram just to slag off celebrities looks, but that's a discussion for another thread...:D

To be fair there's a lot of idiots and wind up merchants on twitter and instagram, even Marnie and Vicky get called names. >:( no need for it at all. If they have nothing nice to say about cast members in geordie shore, they basically shouldn't bother saying anything at all. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like Joline44 was correct all the way, charlotte and holly are now gonna be the only two of the original group left so another site that quoted James was staying instead have information up the creek.

Found out on FB about the news.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Found out on FB about the news.

Link?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joline44 wrote: »
    Didn't find anything about someone leaving :confused::confused:

Think its safe to say Gary and Vicky have definitely moved on as for holly and James there's a question mark over which one of em will stay and which one will go. Charlotte is definitely safe and guaranteed back for season 10. Funny how Gary is exiting in the season when he's in love with charlotte apparently, but I think it'll just be a teaser and nothing more than that. After this season with the casting being more or less second generation a good chunk of viewers probably won't tune in anymore to geordie shore as Gary and Vicky have very big fanbases, on the flip side of the coin it maybe a blessing as the producers are trying to keep it fresh. Aaron has pretty much replaced Gary from a narrative angle so on that score it may not be as worrying as anticipated (the future I mean). :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can tell Vicky is leaving because of the nature of series 9. It ties it all up nicely for her. I can't see Gary leaving, personally, without GS he is nothing - he's not done any other shows to even launch a platform from. James really has to go, he's a dad figure yes, but so was Jay - just Jay was interesting at least. Apparently Jay is single now, bring him back. He was at least funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    You can tell Vicky is leaving because of the nature of series 9. It ties it all up nicely for her. I can't see Gary leaving, personally, without GS he is nothing - he's not done any other shows to even launch a platform from. James really has to go, he's a dad figure yes, but so was Jay - just Jay was interesting at least. Apparently Jay is single now, bring him back. He was at least funny.

Jay is single?? What will happen to his tattoo of his gf's name? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rumtruffle wrote: »

I read on gary's fb page that season 9 will be his last one, I think he's maybe had an incident in season 8 and allegedly not very popular with the producers. Charlottes dad I think is accurate and it'll be like watching a different show, you could say Aaron is garys replacement when it comes down to a narrative angle. :cool:

As for geordie shore itself I think it'll get a lot more censored and probably tamer if it goes to channel 5, now MTV and channel 5 have the same owner so a deal could be sealed that its on both channels. :)