Options

Radio One trying to block X Factor winner from getting number one?

2»

Comments

• Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just saw the video and dear me, what a toneless piece of rubbish. You couldn't turn him into a star if you had a magic wand.:eek:
  • Options
    SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    radio 1 is the best station in the country, Moyles,Scott mills both dj'in gods.

In your opinion. I find it pretentious garbage, up their own arse and desperate to be 'cool' DJ's, and the same boring old shit played over again i.e that Soulja Boy crap.

I remember when I was a kid, my parents listened to R1 and it was fun. They played songs from different era's, today they won't play anything older than about three months. The DJ's actually had a presonality too. I remember fondly 'Our Tune' and that pub quiz that they used to have on a Saturday morning. Oh and then there was 'Pick of The Pops' on a Sunday. Hearing the music from that reminds me of Sunday dinners when I was a kid. Probably because we would have the radio in whilst eating.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    In your opinion. I find it pretentious garbage, up their own arse and desperate to be 'cool' DJ's, and the same boring old shit played over again i.e that Soulja Boy crap.

I remember when I was a kid, my parents listened to R1 and it was fun. They played songs from different era's, today they won't play anything older than about three months. The DJ's actually had a presonality too. I remember fondly 'Our Tune' and that pub quiz that they used to have on a Saturday morning. Oh and then there was 'Pick of The Pops' on a Sunday. Hearing the music from that reminds me of Sunday dinners when I was a kid. Probably because we would have the radio in whilst eating.

Sorry, but that's not true at all!!! If you were a Radio 1 Listerner you'd know different...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares about Radio 1? Who cares about X-Factor?

Real awesome people like myself listen to Radio 2 and 6 Music.
  • Options
    Lisa WLisa W Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    TheSarge wrote: »
    Sorry, but that's not true at all!!! If you were a Radio 1 Listerner you'd know different...

Very well said. Sparklebabe is totally wrong.
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. If Radio 1 did do it as a publicity stunt it didn't really work. Made them look like ***** and Leon is still outselling the rest of the top ten put together.

2. They played Leon's single at least twice that I heard on Thursday, so there is no ban on it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, those against X-Factor are doomed to failure in their attempt to prevent the song from getting to number 1. They are in the minority.

The trouble is, X-Factor isn't about music, it's about brain washing the majority. It draws them in from the early rounds, where the socially inept and inadequate are wheeled out in front of multi-millionaires and have their dreams cut down in the harsh glare of the TV cameras in the name of "entertainment", through the staged arguments and drink throwing and walkouts. By the end of the series they know no other way to act than to go and buy the "product" along with their ready-cooked cholesterol packed stodge and shitmags featuring the latest celebrity gossip from their "local" superstore.

The knowledgeable few face an almost unwinnable battle to turn this around, but we can hope can't we ?
  • Options
    plasma-screenplasma-screen Posts: 2,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

as another poster said

you obviously dont listen because its totally different from what you say
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Couldn't agree more. I haven't listened to Radio 1 for over 10 years because I like to make up my own mind who is and is not worth listening to without having 'in' music forced upon me. Most acts championed by Radio 1 are style over substance.
  • Options
    kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm, I listen to Radio One all day at work and I haven't yet heard them actually play Leon's song...

Good. They have done something right for a change. Its sh*t
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, I can't listen to Radio 1 for more than five minutes without it giving me a headache. :sleep: :D

Totally full of themselves. They don't offer any variety, just what they think people "should" be listening to.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listen to Scott Mills on ay home from work - I did hear Leon's song one evening, and an interview with Leon as well..
  • Options
    tatotaltatotal Posts: 5,874
    Forum Member

Couldn't agree more, Radio 1 with the likes of Edith Bowman at the helm, are the epitomy of vacuous music snobbery.

Do they play anything other than dreary identikit indie?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I don't think they've got any right to "ban" a song just because it isn't to their taste.

Such arrogance.

they have not banned anything, and their taste suits their target audience, young people, who maybe like music from the last 3 months and not decades ago, you cant blame a radio station for focusing on its target
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I did not think anyone interested in good music ,as opposed to the TOTP being played 20 times a day, bothered with Radio 1. From the little I have heard of it ,it is geared towards that Morse Code "singer" Kate Nash, the comatose Katie Melua, and GA, Take That ,Kylie and other such commercial twack.Not to mention tedious DJ's who small talk themselves to death.Yawn.

I do Radio 6, far more eclectic and interesting and diverse.
  • Options
    Lisa WLisa W Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    as another poster said

you obviously dont listen because its totally different from what you say

Agree.
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member

I really agree with you on this sooooooooooooo much. I used to love Radio 1 but wouldn't give it the time of day now. They are crap and they play crap!

I really like Leon's version of When You Believe and I much prefer him singing it to Whitney & Mariah. I think a man singing it sounds better. :)
  • Options
    bwilliamsbwilliams Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KittyKins wrote: »
    The Leon song is dire, that's why they don't play it.

Utter balls.

Totally Agree
  • Options
    airfixairfix Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These days Radio 1 has about as much influence as the hair on my left knee.
    I doubt very much that the sort of people likely to buy the record would be Radio 1 listeners anyway.
  • Options
    plasma-screenplasma-screen Posts: 2,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well it didnt work

hes no. 1

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cry:

:sleep: