2013 - your suggestions on celebs, pros, format changes and more

dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
Forum Member
✭✭
So, Louis & Flavia are the 2012 champions.

What would you like to see in 2013 - suggestions in celebrities, professionals, any format changes or more.

:)

Comments

• MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring in Anya Garnis (Pasha's professional partner) or Iveta to replace Karen.
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    Bring in Anya Garnis (Pasha's professional partner) or Iveta to replace Karen.

I'd like Karen to stay but I'd love Iveta and Anya in.

Anya & Pasha are an amazing couple.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, with rumors Bruce is out - who would you like in?

Tess & Claudia would work for me :)
  • yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian back as a dancer please.
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I predict an anticlimax after the brilliant series this year. See you in 2015 maybe? :p
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Karen deserves another shot - she reached the quarter-finals in her first series, that's a pretty reasonable result.

The Jordans - it must be clear by now that James is never going to win this thing, and they can't viably continue to give him good partners. Not so sure they'll be back. Robin and Kristina aren't really making much impact either, but they may have been unlucky in their celebs. Anton and Erin are clearly only still there because they've been there from the beginning, but I suspect they'll be back again. All of the other pros they'd be mad to get rid of as far as I'm concerned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think James has as much a chance as winning as Anton.

If he was more likeable he may have been able to propel Denise to a win.
  • eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Matthew Cutler back as well as Ian Waite.
  • strictlyflickstrictlyflick Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Get rid of Aliona and replace her with Iveta. I think they should go back to having 2 different dances a week. Eg everyone dances a waltz or a cha cha in week 1. It's fairer and easier to compare performances. Cut the length of VTs and have more professional routines/celeb group dances. They had so much footage about the finalists journey's tonight but only 1 professional dance.

Also I thought Dani should have done her jive after being knocked out. That used to be the norm in the final a few years ago.

Also move the results show back to saturday!! It's pointless trying to keep the result secret as followes of the DS spoiler thread know...!

See you next year!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Make Bruce retire, everything else (even Anton) can stay :D
  • strictlyflickstrictlyflick Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I agree about Ian and Matthew! Also let the pro dancer choose the music. Some of the song choices have been mediocre and unsuitable for the dance and several have been repeated from other series.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go back to the old days of all the celebs in the final having done all the dances. And start 2 dances per week earlier.

Go back to 2 dances per week for the first few weeks so that the standard can actually be compared.

3 in the final at the most.

Ditch the showdance and maybe put fusion in there or a challenge like all the pros having to choreograph different dances to the same music, or everyone dancing the same dance, or the contestants choosing each others' dances etc - some of the ideas on DWTS are pretty good!

More pro dances of decent quality. I've started to warm to Karen as a person so she can have another chance, but ditch Anton, Erin & Robin. Bring back Katya and add a couple of new boys.

Bruce should retire or be sacked. Wouldn't mind Tess going either, and Len and Bruno off the judging panel.

Clarify the rules as to what is and isn't allowed in each dance.

Teach the band some new songs instead of recycling music over and over.

Move the results show back to Saturday

Get rid of the stupid filler VTs, props, silly costumes (and theme weeks!) and all the childish filler that's on ITT.
  • welshwaltzerwelshwaltzer Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Get rid of the filler VTs - too childish.
    No celebs with previous dancing experience - it's unfair on them. Look what Denise has been through this year - total beginners only.
    Music to suit the dance. eg. proper tango music for tango etc. Some of the music this year did not
    suit the dances at all.
  • BubbaRitterBubbaRitter Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    The pre-series show three weeks before should be conducted like the FA Cup 3rd Round Draw with the previous year's winning couple pulling out the balls to determine the pairings. You could also take it to another level and have a separate pot to decide who is going to be the host for the series!
  • JillstarJillstar Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about starting the 2 dances per week earlier. Start it 3-4 weeks before the final rather than just the semis like this year.

Leave dances like the charleston, AT and the salsa till later on in the competition, especially AT - that doesn't look good if you don't have much experience under your belt.

Keep the fusion dance - loved that this year! I also like the idea of each couple having to choreograph a dance to the same piece of music.

Think it's about time Pasha had a dud partner and Robin had a better chance of winning next year (even though I loved him & Lisa and thought it was nice that we saw more of his personality this year). It would be nice to see more of Kristina's personality too as I've not really warmed to her as yet.

Bring back the group dance where all couples dance on the floor at the same time and are eliminated 1 by 1 - doing VW or something like charleston or lindy hop.

No more than 3 couples in the final. All finalists perform the same number of dances.

Better costume designs, especially for the larger dancers. The majority of Lisa's dresses didn't flatter her at all this year!

No silly VTs and more proper training footage! Ditch at least 1 of the theme weeks. I'm not keen on the Halloween one but if you're doing 'Hollywood' at least pick songs that are well known and have dancing in the film! I didn't even know the song Nicky danced to was from 'the mask'!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Anton and Erin to be replaced , maybe with Iveta and bring back Brian Fortuna

No Sunday show, results on Saurday please .

Improved camera angles , sometimes makes me dizzy , all that spinning ..and it would be nice to see their feet more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No celebs with previous dancing experience - it's unfair on them.

Good luck finding 14 celebs then - most of the people who've ever been on Strictly, or at least most of the good ones, had dance experience of some sort, even if it was just dance/theatre school as a child.

The only thing they're all complete beginners in is ballroom and Latin, and that's always been the case (CiN / Sports Relief specials aside)
  • Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May be unpopular - but I would like to see Len replaced.

Darcy has been an inspired choice as a judge and has added much needed credibility. Bruno - well - what can you say? And Craig.....different ends of the spectrum - but at least they both swing both ways, so both girls and boys are treated fairly equally. .

Len - increasingly uncomfortable with. His pervy comments and total lack of credible feedback. What does he do except repeat the same lame sound bites - and leers at the camera.

Why on earth is he the chief judge?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ditch the showdance and maybe put fusion in there or a challenge like all the pros having to choreograph different dances to the same music, or everyone dancing the same dance, or the contestants choosing each others' dances etc - some of the ideas on DWTS are pretty good!

I was thinking exactly the same thing about replacing the Showdance with Fusion. The Showdance is always my least favourite part of the Strictly Final and this year was no exception.

I think the Pros really rose to the challenge of Fusion week and benefited from having to work within the restrictions of Fusion's rules. I feel like the freedom of the Showdance often lends itself to a gratuitous number lifts and overly ambitious kitchen sink choreography.

I know I'd rather have seen Dani and Kimberley's Fusions rather than their Showdances in the Final tonight, anyway.
  • who, me?who, me? Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fewer and this is their Strictly journey compilations in the final - how many times do they recycle the same stuff? But otherwise, I love it as it is!
  • Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    cwickham wrote: »
    I think Karen deserves another shot - she reached the quarter-finals in her first series, that's a pretty reasonable result.

The Jordans - it must be clear by now that James is never going to win this thing, and they can't viably continue to give him good partners. Not so sure they'll be back. Robin and Kristina aren't really making much impact either, but they may have been unlucky in their celebs. Anton and Erin are clearly only still there because they've been there from the beginning, but I suspect they'll be back again. All of the other pros they'd be mad to get rid of as far as I'm concerned.

Bobby made huge impact this year with Lisa
  • WmsheepWmsheep Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    How about a decent (ie non comedy - eg Anne Widdecombe/Jerry hall)) partner for Anton. Actually, I am in favour of there being a live draw for partner selection - lets get rid of the "comedy celebs" totally

Just the 2 dances a week.

Results on a saturday.

Get rid of Brucie.

Shirts to be worn by the male dancers at ALL times (esp Artem!!!!)

None of that silly spinning camera angles stuff - it aint big and it aint clever.

Bruno's coffee to be replaced with de-caff for the 36 hours before any recording!!!

Voting for the final - once the voting has stopped for the 4th place elimination, when it re-starts, it re-starts from 0.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    girlcrisis wrote: »
    I know I'd rather have seen Dani and Kimberley's Fusions rather than their Showdances in the Final tonight, anyway.

Definitely, I agree with that entirely :)
    Fatima502 wrote: »
    Bobby made huge impact this year with Lisa

Not necessarily a good impact.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    girlcrisis wrote: »
    I was thinking exactly the same thing about replacing the Showdance with Fusion. The Showdance is always my least favourite part of the Strictly Final and this year was no exception.

I think the Pros really rose to the challenge of Fusion week and benefited from having to work within the restrictions of Fusion's rules. I feel like the freedom of the Showdance often lends itself to a gratuitous number lifts and overly ambitious kitchen sink choreography.

Agree totally.
    Wmsheep wrote: »
    How about a decent (ie non comedy - eg Anne Widdecombe/Jerry hall)) partner for Anton. Actually, I am in favour of there being a live draw for partner selection - lets get rid of the "comedy celebs" totally

Just the 2 dances a week.

Results on a saturday.

Get rid of Brucie.

Shirts to be worn by the male dancers at ALL times (esp Artem!!!!)

None of that silly spinning camera angles stuff - it aint big and it aint clever.

Bruno's coffee to be replaced with de-caff for the 36 hours before any recording!!!

Voting for the final - once the voting has stopped for the 4th place elimination, when it re-starts, it re-starts from 0.

BiB yes.

I would also like the voting numbers to change each week. Just based on the order of appearance in the show that particular week.

Bruce to go - please. All it needs is a charming host to do the links and someone with interviewing skills for the score declaration bit. Not anyone particularly well known either but with a little gravitas.

Cut the VTs to just show actual training for the dance they are about to do.

If as he says Craig wants a year off use the time to find an alternative to Len (but not Karen please).

Have just four different dances for the first four weeks. 2 Ballroom & 2 Latin. So that those left for week 5 will all have done the same dances. This way it is still varied but easier to compare like for like.

See if there is any home grown talent to replace Anton & Erin. We need some younger professionals to start if this show is to last much longer.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Presenters:
    Graham Norton
    Claudia Winkleman

It Takes Two
    Zoe Ball

Judging Panel
    Erin Boag
    Anton Du Beke
    Craig Revel-Horwood
    Bruno Tonioli (Karen Hardy if Bruno decides to remain with Dancing on the Stars)

Male Celebrities and Professionl Partner:
    Matthew Corbett (Children's TV Presenter) and Kristina Rihanoff
    Lee Dixon (former Footballer) and Aliona Vilani
    Idris Elba (Actor) and Natalie Lowe
    Max George ('The Wanted' singer) and Karen Hauer
    Tom Lister (Soap Star) and Iveta Lukosiute
    Michael Portillo (Former Politician) and Flavia Cacace
    Andrew Strauss (Cricketer) and Ola Jordan

Female Celebrities and Professional Partner
    Julia Bradbury ('Countryside' Presenter) and Brendan Cole
    Sara Cox (Radio DJ) and Artem Chigventsev
    Samantha Janus (Soap Star) and James Jordan
    Katrina Leskanich ('Katrina and the Waves' singer) and Ian Waite
    Vanessa Mae (Violinist) and Robin Windsor
    Julie Walters (Actress/Comedienne) and Pasha Kovalev
    Gina Yashere (Comedienne) and Vincent Simeone

Format
    The couples are partnered in the usual Launch Show (aired 14/09/13).

All couples dance on the first performance Saturday with the results aired live on the Sunday night (recorded if Dancing with the Stars commitments limit Bruno).

If the Results Show can be aired live, the dance off will remain in a slightly different format: the bottom two in the combined vote will be revealed at the start of the show, at which point the couples will dance again for the public vote. The winner of the vote survives; the loser goes home.

Dances
    Week One (05/10/13): Waltz and Cha Cha Cha - no elimation
    Week Two (12/10/13): Cha Cha Cha and Waltz
    Week Three (19/10/13): Foxtrot and Jive
    Week Four (26/10/13): Tango and Paso Doble
    Week Five (02/11/13): Quickstep and Rumba
    Week Six (09/11/13): Viennese Waltz and Salsa
    Week Seven (16/11/13): Charleston and Samba
    Week Eight (23/11/13): Jive and Foxtrot
    Week Nine (30/11/13): Salsa and Viennese Waltz
    Week Ten (07/12/13): Rumba and Quickstep plus Group Dance
    Week Eleven (14/12/13): Paso Doble and Tango; Samba and Charleston - double elimination
    Week Twelve (21/12/13): Favourite Ballroom, Favourite Latin, Argentine Tango and Showdance

The dances should alternate for each couple between Ballroom and Latin each week; for purposes of balance the Charleston will count as a Ballroom dance. I know it's unpopular in some quarters but I think in general it's been well received and has delivered some memorable routines since it's introduction.

Music
    Allow the professionals to use traditional music if requested (and as long as it can be cleared). Allow the orchestra access to the 'cut' versions as early as possible so they can rehearse before the main show.

Camera Angles
    The bigger studio at Elstree should allow the cameras to keep the couple in focus throughout the dance rather than running around them/cutting off body parts.

I think I've had too much time to think about this. :o:o:o