How badly will up-himself James Corden ruin Big Fat Quiz of the Year?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a relief not to see Walliams on the line-up (he was horrendous last year, with his boring camp-schtick and teaming up with Miranda to do the routine of getting questions wrong with "hilarious" incorrect answers)

But any relief dissipated when I saw that smug idiot Corden on the line-up. Coupled with Jimmy Carr's seal impression, it's going to be too annoying to bear. Skip.
  • HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that David Walliams is not a good participant at these things, and that he still comes across very creepy, but this still doesn't quite qualify him for a massive slap across the face which is what porky Corden is begging for every five minutes.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Because he has done really well for himself most likely :rolleyes:

I think his brilliant and very talented.

It's fine for you to disagree with the OP's view (which others share), but there's no need to trot out an old stereotype and try and portray anyone with a negative opinion of a famous person as being really bitter. I'm half surprised that the "well, what have you done with your life?!!!" line hasn't been delivered yet.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the interesting things about alot of these panel shows with comedians on, is watching them all trying to compete with one another lol

It seems that this show in particular does tend to attract the showoff.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be honest James Corden has had a good year with 'One Man, Two Guvnors' and to assume it will be the same routine would be wrong. Just watch the show and enjoy it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will probably have to get some more snacks for the green room.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    It's fine for you to disagree with the OP's view (which others share), but there's no need to trot out an old stereotype and try and portray anyone with a negative opinion of a famous person as being really bitter. I'm half surprised that the "well, what have you done with your life?!!!" line hasn't been delivered yet.

Unfortunately it is true of some people though, isn't it?:D
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corabal wrote: »
    I'm just thankful Millican isn't involved, others here should be.

Her agent must be slipping if he's missed the opportunity to get her on this. She's managed to appear on every other bloody panel show this year.
  • ExistentialistExistentialist Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll avoid this like the plague. Woeful line up and host.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I, Candy wrote: »
    Her agent must be slipping if he's missed the opportunity to get her on this. She's managed to appear on every other bloody panel show this year.

There's always the possibility she may turn up to ask a question
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately it is true of some people though, isn't it?:D

Perhaps. I couldn't tell you with certainity the reasoning behind other DS members criticism of celebrities though. To use a cliche, "everyone's different" and so it bugs me when my opinion is used to fit some convenient "the haters are just bitter!" type theory.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Smerph wrote: »
    It was a relief not to see Walliams on the line-up (he was horrendous last year, with his boring camp-schtick and teaming up with Miranda to do the routine of getting questions wrong with "hilarious" incorrect answers)

But any relief dissipated when I saw that smug idiot Corden on the line-up. Coupled with Jimmy Carr's seal impression, it's going to be too annoying to bear. Skip.
    Always a silver lining :)
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,514
    Forum Member

PMSL .. What a stupid comment :rolleyes::yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    Hazel.... Thank the lord that Tim Lovejoy is not on it eh?

Careful, if you say his name three times, he appears on TV
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you guys still think it's 2009? Yes, James Corden had his phase of being up himself and thought he was a God amongst all comedy actors, but he eventually saw sense and admitted on Piers Morgan's Life Stories how terrible he was, and he's definitely mellowed since. Frankly, I think he's become more likeable. I never used to, but since that turn, I like the guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    PMSL .. What a stupid comment :rolleyes::yawn:

Are you going to explain why it was stupid? The yawn and roll eyes smiley don't really offer too much explanation but you're more than welcome to cop out and say nothing more.
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should always hire Winkleman
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's threads like these that put DS sometimes in a bad light, it makes me wonder if some posters here like anything shown on TV.
    You only have to look at some posters back history to see that some people have never posted a positive opinion in their life. DS only exists for them to moan.

In fact several seem to spend their lives watching programs they hate just so they can post every five minutes saying how shit it is (see the latest Miranda thread...or indeed anything with James Corden in). It's an odd way to pass your time in my opinion, but whatever makes them happy...or indeed not happy. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    What's the point of continually referencing his weight? Not only has he lost a considerable amount recently but how in any way will it affect his performance on the show? Seems a bit silly...
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    What's the point of continually referencing his weight? Not only has he lost a considerable amount recently but how in any way will it affect his performance on the show? Seems a bit silly...

Ah. That's what I was going to ask. Why does being fat matter in this context?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Yes, surely fat people are more jolly and will make the show better
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    They should always hire Winkleman

She'd be in my preferred line-up, love the Winkleman :D
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you guys still think it's 2009? Yes, James Corden had his phase of being up himself and thought he was a God amongst all comedy actors, but he eventually saw sense and admitted on Piers Morgan's Life Stories how terrible he was, and he's definitely mellowed since. Frankly, I think he's become more likeable. I never used to, but since that turn, I like the guy.

But who's going to know that? Who's going to watch a show with James Corden AND Piers Morgan in it?
  • HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh my god, I really cannot believe it.

The story is as follows:

1. Fat twonk has a lucky break and gets very famous very quickly off the back of not much.

2. Fat twonk is an obnoxious individual so the fame goes to his very fat head very quickly and he acts unbearably smug and arrogant towards others, many times in public.

3. Fat twonk carries this on so much that eventually his management have to have a very serious word with him about losing his career if he carries on in that vein.

4. Fat twonk agrees and comes up with new character he plays when he tries to come over all soft and regretful of his long-standing twonkness and arrogance. He plays this out especially in his interview with Piers Morgan, where he comes up with the 'ruse' of admitting his twonkness and arrogance and how he was a deeply horrible human being in order to pave the way for a more acceptable future.

5. The problem is that fat twonk is not a good actor and you can see through him in 5 seconds, mainly because EVERY SINGLE TIME HE REMEMBERS TO PUT THE ACT ON HIS VOICE TAKES ON A REALLY PATHETIC AND REMARKABLY DIFFERENT TONE. This means that you can ALWAYS TELL REALLY QUICKLY whenever he is putting the act on - ie lying and playing a character in order to try to cover up his deeply-rooted long-standing character deficiencies - Go on, watch the interview, you'll notice it straight away.

6. So, fat twonk is still smug arrogant fat twonk who sometimes remembers to act like someone who doesn't have those characteristics.

7. The fact that anyone, even a 5 year-old with attention deficit disorder, could fail to spot the act is ASTOUNDING.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Still not getting why "fat" matters.

I've never yet seen anyone referred to as "of normal bodyweight twonk", so assume "fat" is a really big insult as far as you're concerned. Why? In the context of being, for you,
    a twonk
    a useless actor
    what's the need for a comment on his physical appearance?
    Would he be less of a twonk or a better actor if thin?