Who are on their way out?

Comments

• j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    rombod wrote: »
    Oh my God, the sheer thirst in that post! Hahahahaha. I am laughing at you. Hahahahaha. Your desperation and lies are so funny. Hahahahaha. I didn't even read any of it.

Don't worry about anything. The men in white coats are coming :o
  • EatitLosersEatitLosers Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Oh my Godga, the sheer thirst in that post! Hahahahaha. I am laughing at you. Hahahahaha. Your desperation and lies are so funny. Hahahahaha. I didn't even read any of it.

Enjoy it while it lasts. I wonder where your humour will be when Artplop clogs up the s-bends and bargain bins.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Enjoy it while it lasts. I wonder where your humour will be when Artplop clogs up the s-bends and bargain bins.

Don't worry, every time the laughter threatens to die I'll just look up MDNA's total sales and it will burst forth again, renewed and endless.
    Forum Member
    Don't worry, every time the laughter threatens to die I'll just look up MDNA's total sales and it will burst forth again, renewed and endless.

Well you can try, but you won't find much joy there...
    Especially when Madonna didn't have to take to twitter to BEG fans to buy her music..and managed #1 in over 40 countries with very little promo.

Imagine how Gags would have done without promo. Or better still, remind yourself where she is in the top tours of 2012 (Compared to Madge)

Laughing now?
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish people would stop comparing GaGa and Madonna, one is an icon and the other is just a successful pop artist with 'ideas'

The Saturdays will call it a day after this year, even if America takes to them - it's obvious babies and family commitments will take priority over another album, tour etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Nope, I just believe he has! Most of his critics rarely comment on his music just about his looks, attitude and clothing choices anyway.. I should also probably have mentioned that unless a lot of the teenage girl population evaporate shortly, he isn't going anywhere
    The teenage girl population won't evaporate, they'll just grow up and find boys of their own, so boy bands and acts like Justin Bieber will fade and be replaced by new 18-year old singers who will appeal to a new generation of teenage girls. And the cycle will go on. That's how we went from New Kids On The Block to Backstreet Boys, then to N*Sync and now to One Direction.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Well you can try, but you won't find much joy there...
    Especially when Madonna didn't have to take to twitter to BEG fans to buy her music..and managed #1 in over 40 countries with very little promo.

Imagine how well Gags would have done with as little promo. Or better still, remind yourself where she is in the top tours of 2012 (Compared to Madge)

Laughing now?

You are so pressed. Bye. And yes, still laughing, because you're still hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    The teenage girl population won't evaporate, they'll just grow up and find boys of their own, so boy bands and acts like Justin Bieber will fade and be replaced by new 18-year old singers who will appeal to a new generation of teenage girls. And the cycle will go on. That's how we went from New Kids On The Block to Backstreet Boys, then to N*Sync and now to One Direction.

This remember the Jonas brothers?They were huge five minutes ago in exactly the same vein as OD and now where are they?
    Forum Member
    You are so pressed. Bye. And yes, still laughing, because you're still hilarious.
    Good. A pity you failed to realise that before editing your original post...
    You are so pressed. Bye.
  • ScouseBirdScouseBird Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread sums up while people are bored of GAGA and her weird obsessed clueless delusional fans
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Is this thread relevant?
    Even if Gaga flops on her arse, are we expecting an official announcement that she's "out"? Or is there forever going to be a chance of a comeback?
  • chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    And they're having their go at cracking America with their first headline performance in two weeks!

they will have a new reality show on E! starting soon
  • chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga wont flop she might sell a lot less than before but she will still move a 2-3 million album no problem
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisqc wrote: »
    Gaga wont flop she might sell a lot less than before but she will still move a 2-3 million album no problem

I think with Gaga people are quicker to say flop as she is hyped so much the preceeding decline whatever is a pr and career disaster waiting to happen on a level its her own fault. She got so big so quick and the last era failed to deliver and we have all seen the egg meat dress etc etc etc that its boredome and disinterest. If she came back with an amazing album and a change in wardrobe she could easily revive interest.
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    Example, JLS, Pixie Lott, Stooshe, The Wanted, Misha B, Professor Green, The Saturdays, Cover Drive, Alexandra Burke, Lawson, Amelia Lily, N-Dubz (group and solo careers), Girls Aloud, McFly.

They're just my predictions, but I can't imagine many of them having top ten hits in five years time.

McFly haven't had a new album out with all original content since 2010. Their new album is due this Spring/ Summer so it will be interesting to see how it does - the new material we've heard recently has been very diverse so I couldn't where this album is going - Danny from the band is also releasing new content with Roger Sanchez in 2013. Its their 10 year anniversary this year though, and a couple of them married last year so they're all settling down and I'm sure kids will soon be on the way. Perhaps a hiatus after the next album, but they're not going to give up their music - its when the fans give up that they'll stop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    When The Saturdays debuted on Girls Aloud's tour, people said they wouldn't last more than a year and then it changed to 'wouldn't last five years' and they're in their fifth year now. Surely there comes a point when you just accept that they're here to stay? I'd say they have another two or three years in them at least. After that, there will probably be some sort of hiatus.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can the little monster in here chill on the gaga love... Yeah, we get it.

Now back to the topic -
    The Ting Tings are on their way out... As are the following:

Jls
    The Hoosiers
    The Saturdays
    Stooshe
    Diana Vickers
    Leona Lewis
    Angel
    Cover drive
    Amelia lily
    Tulisa (N dubz will reform)
    Pixie Lott
    Psy (one hit wonder)
    McFly (10year anniversary and The End)
    Kimberly from GA
    Leanne (winner of voice UK)
    Lawson
    Ciara
    Vanquish

I hope "some" of the above prove me wrong but I doubt it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    Can the little monster in here chill on the gaga love... Yeah, we get it.

Now back to the topic -
    The Ting Tings are on their way out... As are the following:

Jls
    The Hoosiers
    The Saturdays
    Stooshe
    Diana Vickers
    Leona Lewis
    Angel
    Cover drive
    Amelia lily
    Tulisa (N dubz will reform)
    Pixie Lott
    Psy (one hit wonder)
    McFly (10year anniversary and The End)
    Kimberly from GA
    Leanne (winner of voice UK)
    Lawson
    Ciara
    Vanquish

I hope "some" of the above prove me wrong but I doubt it.

Hasn't The Hoosiers already gone? I actually really liked them and its a shame (imo) and although they still do gigs and stuff, ever since their record label let them go they've just done nothing really. I don't think they'll come back although I would happily be proved wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think a lot of the X Factor acts are on the way out - Leona included, sadly. One Direction and Olly seem to be on a different trajectory so they might last another couple of albums. People expect XF winners/runners up to have a short life now, that's the thing.

Lady Gaga has to have a big album or her time is over. Madonna finally seems to have run out of ideas and ways to shock. Having said that I thought Robbie was over and he bounced back, proving you don't need Radio 1 support to have a hit.

Saturdays and Sugababes I wrote off last year - I actually said they'd split by now but Saturdays seem determined to hang on a bit longer. Sugababes have split I think and just not announced it. I still think they are laying low because of the impending original group returning.
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2013 will absolutely be a bad year for X Factor artists, though there aren't many of us who didn't see it coming. Lady GaGa won't be on her way 'out' for decades but I do predict a gradual slope downhill with each album for her.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    The Saturdays. If their next album/single flops it could be the beginning of the end of their career.
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Saturdays unless the new album performs a hell of a lot better than their previous efforts. I think it is gonna be the end of JLS as well.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there will be quite a big cull coming. Alexandra Burke, JLS and quite possibly Leona. The Saturday's are in a dangerous position as well and with Rochelle being pregnant and starting a family soon, who's to say she will be as committed? I can see Aston from JLS carving out a solo career for himself though

I don't think Nicki Minaj or Gaga are going anywhere anytime soon although I think both have peaked
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Gaga won't be going anywhere any time soon! She will reinvent herself with ARTPOP I believe. She knows what she is doing.

I think Christina may fade though now, after Bionic and Lotus failing to set the chart ablaze I think she may start fading. Is she doing The Voice US this year? This may be the only thing to 'save' her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    kesha
    christina
    maybe beyonce? Not on her way out, but I think she had her peak