The Boyzone Tour - Are they having a laugh?

kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Personally I really do not like the band in any shape or form. They said they were bigger than Take That haha, sorry but lets be realistic here, you sell out half of the M.E.N and Take That sell out OLD TRAFFORD! Ok yeah you're brilliant.

But what's annoyed me is this, just look at this you will laugh.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/exchange/1F004478C29B6C01?tm_link=edp_buytix

They have got platinum seats which cost £200 for 2 tickets on Block B row E!

Are they having a laugh? I've seen Girls Aloud in Block B row D for £35! I'm sorry to say this, I really am and no disrespect to Steven Gately in any shape or form but I feel that since his death the band think they are going to be MASSIVE and it just clearly isn't going to work. I feel alot of people will go and see the tour (not fans) but just because they feel sorry for them as one of their band members passed away.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I can see your point. It is sad for them that a group member, but most importantly, a dear friend, died. I think that price for 2 tickets is ridiculous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they have been having a laugh (on our expense) since 1995 and there popularity baffles me.

No truly memorable songs and completely forgettable band members.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel alot of people will go and see the tour (not fans) but just because they feel sorry for them as one of their band members passed away.

What are your thoughts?

my thought is that you are having a laugh. who would go see a band purely because they feel sorry for them because they lost a member a few month back?

Bands are getting savvy now and realise there is a lot of money to be made from tours seeing as they dont make as much from record sales and royalties any more. If they sold 100 seats at £200, then that means it doesn matter if they dont sell 1000 seats at £20 because the people in those platinum seats are loaded and will be buying more on merchandise and from the view of the venue, more behind the bar. the only reason bands go on tour is to promote their album, not to do fans a favour.

i can guarantee you next time GA do a tour, those seats will be much higher. they just missed out on an opportuity this time and you got lucky
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    To be fair there are reasonably priced tickets from 40.00ish. I'm sure the boyz themselves don't price the tickets!! They have plenty of fans who love them. You don't - Don't go. Where's the problem?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's about demographics, their fanbase will be in their thirties now and will have more disposable income than Girls Aloud fans.

This is why the likes of Aerosmith and Bon Jovi charge so much, the fans who grew up listening to them are all hedge fund managers and the like nowadays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you really that clueless?

Those ticket prices and packages have nothing to do with Boyzone and are all set by the tour promoters. On their last tour Ronan was actually asked about the premium packages and he had no idea what they were.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add - I totally agree that these prices are ridiculous and none of the fans I know are willing to pay for them.
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are useless, wouldn't pay a fiver for them. The only decent performer is Ronan.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no 'fan' of Boyzone, but they have released the odd few good songs.