Options

Pros and Celebs that don't get on

strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The 'Brendan and his partners' thread has got me thinking about celeb/pro couplings that really didn't get on. Off the top of my head I would think Flavia didn't seem keen on Craig Kelly. What others can you guys suggest?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    I remember Lilia had a partner that she didn't like, that behaved quite creepily, can't remember who it was though.. :confused:
  • Options
    blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'Brendan and his partners' thread has got me thinking about celeb/pro couplings that really didn't get on. Off the top of my head I would think Flavia didn't seem keen on Craig Kelly. What others can you guys suggest?

I think with Flavia it wasn't so much any dislike as exasperation with his delusions over his ability. We always used to laugh in our house at the bit before their vt in training when they look down the gun-barrel of the camera, imagining her as a hostage blinking out a message to us to please stop voting for him. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blindside wrote: »
    I think with Flavia it wasn't so much any dislike as exasperation with his delusions over his ability. We always used to laugh in our house at the bit before their vt in training when they look down the gun-barrel of the camera, imagining her as a hostage blinking out a message to us to please stop voting for him. :D

Perhaps I may be projecting my dislike for him there! I belly laughed at your blinking comment!:D
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karen Hardy and Gary Rhodes. I used to like this guy as a chef but went right off him after his appearance on SCD .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Karen Hardy and Gary Rhodes. I used to like this guy as a chef but went right off him after his appearance on SCD .

Me too Paace, he did not come over well at all.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too Paace, he did not come over well at all.

Gary never does.
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    Artem seemed to get exasperated by Holly Valance being a laid back Aussie

Didn't the Jordans fall out with Pamela Stephenson on tour?

Laila Rouass and Anton - apart from the obvious - and he was crap at Latin so she got bad marks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Artem seemed to get exasperated by Holly Valance being a laid back Aussie

Didn't the Jordans fall out with Pamela Stephenson on tour?

Laila Rouass and Anton - apart from the obvious - and he was crap at Latin so she got bad marks

Oh I hadn't heard that about the Jordans and Pamela, do you remember anything about that?
  • Options
    blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I hadn't heard that about the Jordans and Pamela, do you remember anything about that?

After finishing her stint on the show in December, Hamela Stephenson wrote this article for the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/dec/21/pamela-stephenson-connolly-oldie-power

Read from paragraph 5 onwards about how she viewed her relationship with James Jordan. I understand he was hospitalised shortly after for acute cringeing - and must have found being on tour with her in January somewhat awkward.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After finishing her stint on the show in December, Hamela Stephenson wrote this article for the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/dec/21/pamela-stephenson-connolly-oldie-power

Read from paragraph 5 onwards about how she viewed her relationship with James Jordan. I understand he was hospitalised shortly after for acute cringeing - and must have found being on tour with her in January somewhat awkward.

Oh god Pamela!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »

Didn't much like him as a chef either.

Karen stopped doing strictly after this,didn't she? NOW that's a bad partnership
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member

Blimey! Being 18 I had little understanding of Pamela or her work as a 'psychologist' but that paints a pretty vivid picture!
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear! :o

So James had to partner her on tour knowing that she fancied him so much that her family thought they were having an affair.

Awkward...... :eek:
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't much like him as a chef either.

Karen stopped doing strictly after this,didn't she? NOW that's a bad partnership

He's not my favourite either.
  • Options
    MONIFIETHBOYMONIFIETHBOY Posts: 786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember James Jordan & Georgina Bouzova not getting on.
    James > "I’d do anything to make the show good but I’ve got the laziest cow ever.”"

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/66662/.html
  • Options
    topdog2006topdog2006 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    I may be wrong, but I always have the impression this year that Louis and Flavia don't really like each other very much?
  • Options
    jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    topdog2006 wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but I always have the impression this year that Louis and Flavia don't really like each other very much?

No - it took time for Flavia to understand how Louis works and trains, and for him to understand what he needed to achieve, but after a few weeks they got (and get) on like a house on fire.

JJ
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    chazz3000 wrote: »
    I remember Lilia had a partner that she didn't like, that behaved quite creepily, can't remember who it was though.. :confused:

Dom Littlewood. I felt so sorry for Lilia, he was a creep.
  • Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member

That is honestly hilarious. :D I adore Pamela, but she's really quite eccentric at times.
  • Options
    sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good grief, it will take me hours to un-curl my toes :o
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that may have been Dom Littlewood a.k.a. 'The Bumwatcher' :D
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dom Littlewood
  • Options
    changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Karen and Nicky get on at all. He barely tolerates her, despite her doing her best to make them appear close.
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember James Jordan & Georgina Bouzova not getting on.
    James > "I’d do anything to make the show good but I’ve got the laziest cow ever.”"

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/66662/.html

My god I hated that con woman Ellen on Casualty! :mad: Glad this was the series before I started watching Strictly!
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Oh, Hamela. You pompous, cringe-making, self-absorbed lunatic.

*wipes vomit from keyboard*