Options

Who cares!

Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
Forum Member
✭✭
Are their times, when someone throws in some unresolved plot line or event when you just think...well, Who cares?!?

Comments

• Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,339
    Forum Member
    Well I think for the most part, with the Moffat/11 era doing the whole oh well, who cares thing is the only way to get any enjoyment out the arcs. they certainly weren't tied neatly in a bow, which to me is still the case now, even though officially we've had the explanations.

Their are some things I genuinely haven't cared about though. For example, when everyone was going on about the ducks in the duck pond and rorys id badge, and the extra staircase at amys house. I was open to the idea that their could be something more to these things, but didn't really care either way if there was, whereas to some on here they seemed of monumental importance
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this thread was going to be about some new Doctor Who-based charitable organisation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    I thought this thread was going to be about some new Doctor Who-based charitable organisation.

Or a follow-up to 'Doctor in Distress'! :o
  • Options
    EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,283
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Are their times, when someone throws in some unresolved plot line or event when you just think...well, Who cares?!?

As much as I hate it when bits of the plot don't make sense, sometimes less is better, as sometimes when the writers try to explain everything, it can make things even more confusing, and in some cases even spoil past/future episodes.

Seasons six and seven are full of plot holes, but the best example is probably the Christmas episode, MS's finale. I'd rather have set seasons six and seven aside, and forgotten about the unanswered questions than watch SM's attempt to "answer" them.

I probably would have enjoyed the finale a lot more if they'd given us a one-off adventure instead, better that than the horrible mess of an episode we got.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emby2 wrote: »
    Or a follow-up to 'Doctor in Distress'! :o

Bring it back now, we won't take less. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah, I knew the name sounded familiar. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the first time I've seen that, id heard about it but haven't thought about it since the 80s.

What the hell were they thinking!?!?!
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What an odd question to ask. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    What an odd question to ask. :confused:

why??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the first time I've seen that, id heard about it but haven't thought about it since the 80s.

What the hell were they thinking!?!?!

'Twas the age of the charity supergroup single. Band Aid, USA for Africa, Artists United Against Apartheid. Not that that made it a particularly good idea, though.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Twas the age of the charity supergroup single. Band Aid, USA for Africa, Artists United Against Apartheid. Not that that made it a particularly good idea, though.

Considering the context, No, it really didn't. I was a teenager at the time, and was massively into the show but....even at my most teenage-y "Damn. Love the show." this felt beyond crass!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, remember them all well and understand the format...but...just....why?!?!? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering the context, No, it really didn't. I was a teenager at the time, and was massively into the show but....even at my most teenage-y "Damn. Love the show." this felt beyond crass!

Yeah, this wasn't an issue like starvation. Everyone knew Colin Baker was still going to eat. (Especially in retrospect.) It's like an unintentional parody of the charity single which fails to realise that the point of the whole genre is speaking out for some vital issue of justice and humanity.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, this wasn't an issue like starvation. Everyone knew Colin Baker was still going to eat. (Especially in retrospect.) It's like an unintentional parody of the charity single which fails to realise that the point of the whole genre is speaking out for some vital issue of justice and humanity.

Still, I had been wondering where Sally Thomsett had got to. Preferred Paula Willcox myself. :)

In fairness, I assume Colin doesn't look back on the whole debacle with great fondness either.

Sorry, this is going well OT!
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The girl in the shop who gave Jenna that number ....