Options

The 'lad' on the Paris Hilton Show...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Just saw this thread. Haven't read the whole thing yet. but just thought I'd add...

I can't STAND him!

You should have stayed off HogsHead, they'll spit roast you for that on here.......

Ta Lucifer

Very good, not at all bitchy or stereotypical.
    Oh & a big 'hail hail' to all you Celtic fans out there.......;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the congratulations. I am certainly proud I don't posess such bigoted thoughts.

Or any pertinent ones Tweety.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    The Squire wrote: »
    Or any pertinent ones Tweety.......

Much like yourself then.
  • Options
    Magpie11Magpie11 Posts: 9,294
    Forum Member
    You should have stayed off HogsHead, they'll spit roast you for that on here.......

Why?

Nobodies said you're not allowed to dislike him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always assumed that parents have to take whatever their kids throw at them & support them without question. That's fair enough in principle, but I reckon it's a two way street & that if the kids can see a way of making things easier on their parents why shouldn't they do that also?

What exactly do you mean here? Make it easier for the parents to accept their children's sexuality if they repress their personality?
    Just realised, "the squire" is an anagram of "hit queers"...

or

"this queer":D

:D Laughing so much right now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aimee26 wrote: »
    What exactly do you mean here? Make it easier for the parents to accept their children's sexuality if they repress their personality?

:D Laughing so much right now!

No, but tbh I'm not inclinced to simplify it enough for you to grasp it Aimes'
    Stick to splitting your sides at Lucifers 'hilarious' (pathetic if he was straight no doubt, but you've got to make it clear which side your on havent you?) annagram.......
  • Options
    aka_luciferaka_lucifer Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stick to splitting your sides at Lucifers 'hilarious' (pathetic if he was straight no doubt, but you've got to make it clear which side your on havent you?) annagram.......

one n in anagram

gay, but literate.:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, they won't. You can't like everyone who appears on tv, & if you'd just said you didn't like him & had left it like that, few people would have had an issue with you. Any problems you've had on this thread seem to be because you've based your comments on his sexuality. You seem to be saying (at least initially) that he shouldn't have gone on tv & should hide his sexuality from the viewing public because of the trouble it could cause for his family, & because they'd probably already had things hard enough thanks to his sexuality without him adding to it in this way. Yet you know nothing about his family, where he lives, how he lives, how they live, their working environment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one n in anagram

gay, but literate.:p

Scraping the barrel now Lucy..... ;)
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member

Ta Lucifer

Very good, not at all bitchy or stereotypical.
    Oh & a big 'hail hail' to all you Celtic fans out there.......;)

Actually, I'm not too keen on him either - but it has nothing to do with his sexuality. More to do with the fact he's on a tacky show worshipping Paris bloody Hilton. I feel the exact same way about the other contestants.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How lovely, I am getting patronised for asking you to explain your point of view. At the moment, it seems that you have expressed it in an illogical manner, therefore I have been unable to understand you.
  • Options
    aka_luciferaka_lucifer Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scraping the barrel now Lucy..... ;)

I'm never Lucy in a first date.

But it's flattering that you want to get so intimate so quickly!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm never Lucy in a first date.

But it's flattering that you want to get so intimate so quickly!:D

I guess there's just something about you Luce' & you're pushin all the right buttons.......
    I'd best take a cold shower......
  • Options
    PrairePraire Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One question to The Squire.. do you have a problem with homosexuals? Or just find him irritating because of the way he screams and acts like a diva?

I think that people are just unsure of the purpose of this thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree with The Squire, in that people are way to shrewd to get involved in a debate of homophobia, when he wasn't even referring to that.

The Op's point was that of a young person dedicating his life to "Celebrity", none more epitomised by Paris Hilton.

My personal opinion is that alot of kids of today are really wanting to get into the "celebrity lifestyle" of big brother, reality shows, to get their bit of fame, earn enough money to live on, without actually *Earning" a working salary and lifestyle.

It's just not reality.
  • Options
    Magpie11Magpie11 Posts: 9,294
    Forum Member
    Ebo_Elder wrote: »
    I completely agree with The Squire, in that people are way to shrewd to get involved in a debate of homophobia, when he wasn't even referring to that.

The Op's point was that of a young person dedicating his life to "Celebrity", none more epitomised by Paris Hilton.

My personal opinion is that alot of kids of today are really wanting to get into the "celebrity lifestyle" of big brother, reality shows, to get their bit of fame, earn enough money to live on, without actually *Earning" a working salary and lifestyle.

It's just not reality.

That wasn't his point though. (I could probably agree with that)

Otherwise why pick only him out and not all the other (female and probably straight) contestantants as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Magpie11 wrote: »
    That wasn't his point though. (I could probably agree with that)

Otherwise why pick only him out and not all the other (female and probably straight) contestantants as well.

Yes, and why also make some remarks like "big girls blouse" and "ram it down our throats". The OP is choc-full of these kind of remarks which would suggest he was being homophobic. His further explanations weren't any better either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally i think all of this PC "watch what you say" sterotyping is a load of bollocks.

People should be able to say what they like, when they like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Personally i think all of this PC "watch what you say" sterotyping is a load of bollocks.

I'm all for free speech, but not when it's complete and utter claptrap coming from someone who has, from reading his posts, has no idea what he's talking about considering he has no gay children himself and doesn't even know the lad's family!

He did give an example of a friend, but that's just one instance and just like the gay lad on the show doesn't represent the entire gay community.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, but it works both ways. People who do watch what they say shouldn't be accused of being brainwashed like the OP says.
  • Options
    LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    I cannot stand him. My problem with him isn't that hes gay (okay u lust for men who cares?) but it's the whole "I'M GAY LOOK AT ME, I LIKE PINK AND PARIS HILTON. I LIKE TO DO GIRLY THINGS.. LALALALALALAL *smilesand laughs annoyingly and says the whole thing again* OMG Fck Off You complete ******!

You don't see straight people going "I'M STRAIGHT, I'M STRAIGHT"
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot stand him. My problem with him isn't that hes gay (okay u lust for men who cares?) but it's the whole "I'M GAY LOOK AT ME, I LIKE PINK AND PARIS HILTON. I LIKE TO DO GIRLY THINGS.. LALALALALALAL *smilesand laughs annoyingly and says the whole thing again* OMG Fck Off You complete ******!

You don't see straight people going "I'M STRAIGHT, I'M STRAIGHT"

I have loads of times
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone believe you? ;-)
  • Options
    The DealThe Deal Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Fair comment BigBum, but I just think maybe the lad's parents might be especially disappointed that this is how their 'son' turned out.
    Bet he was there in his dads arms when he was born & dad thinking about him going to the match with him, or taking him fishing, or even seeing him married with kids of his own.......which looks a tad unlikely doesn't it?

Your posts do seem homophobic. You've even put son in parentheses and thus suggesting that he's some kind of girl. He's not - he's a gay man, and believe it or not, some gay men enjoy football and fishing. Some would also like to marry, another man, and have children.
  • Options
    The DealThe Deal Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    No he's not what I would call stereotypical, he's what the media want you to believe is acceptable in this day & age. The fact of the matter is that it isn't & it's one of the reasons this country is a laughing stock....
    If you dont get why I am talking about his parents you dont understand........fair enough, there's a lot like you these days, You are taught that it's ok for the entire population to knock about & not know whether they are Arthur or Marthur. Some people look a bit deeper than just accepting it though & still (even in this pc age) have the bottle to say when they think something is wrong.....There's a bloke earlier saying it's alright for them to have kids!!! How??
    (bet you all think Turkey basters are alright in those instances yet insist on organic Turkey LMFAO) You're all for the rights of these people to have children, but give scant regard for the children saddled with 'gay' parents & the hammerings they are going to get at school (because you can paint your world any colour you want, you wont alter kids my friend!)

It's not about who (or even what) he sleeps with (although I personally think he's too hyper to sleep anyway) it's about him, making an utter, utter cartoon of himself on television & the embarrasment that must cause his folks.....and yes, part of that (shock horror) is the FACT that whether he likes it or not, he is a MALE of the species, not a girl, or a big girls blouse, he's a male....& there ought to be acceptable limits. Never mind his sexuality.

It's good to see all you 'kill the homophobe' people getting on your hind legs though :D

It's just as well you haven't made any of these sorts of ignorant comments about black people. You would've been banned by now.