Options

Need Help!!! Must watch movies over the last 5 years.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lady Spice wrote: »
    That's a LOT of films.......

Runs off to IMDB to get some synopsies to narrow down all these recommendations

Let us know what you decide on watching :)
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Moon here also Source Code by the same director
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Only one so far......

Batman Begins. Check!

The Dark Knight tonight.......

And then TDKR tomorrow........

So far, so good. Only another shedload to go.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Moon.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Troll Hunter
    The Mist
    [REC]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Dark Knight trilogy now complete.

I thought it was much better than the Tim Burton reboot. Far more realistic and believable. I wasn't entirely convinced by Christian Bale however, but his supporting cast were stellar. Loved Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman. I also thought Anne Hathaway was fab.

Will there be more? Will there be a Batman and Robin? And will Hathaway hang up her catsuit for a "Batsuit," and become Batgirl?
  • Options
    mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    A few of my recommendations:-

Fighter (Christian Bale)
    In Time (Justin Timberlake). - I saw this on Sky recently and it was much better than I expected. Really enjoyed it.
    Heartbreaker (French with English subtitles)
    Prestige - like others before on here - one to watch
    Disturbia
    Vicky Christina Barcelona

If you're looking for comedy my personal favourites are:-

Employee of the Month
    The Proposal

There are loads more but I've got to leave for work now. Might update my list at lunch time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Prestige is next......
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dark Knight trilogy now complete.

I thought it was much better than the Tim Burton reboot. Far more realistic and believable. I wasn't entirely convinced by Christian Bale however, but his supporting cast were stellar. Loved Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman. I also thought Anne Hathaway was fab.

Will there be more? Will there be a Batman and Robin? And will Hathaway hang up her catsuit for a "Batsuit," and become Batgirl?

Sadly no more. Nolan only intended to make it a trilogy. But I'm sure a new Batman reboot will be with us soon enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have now seen:-

The Hunger Games - Right up my street. I love all these dystopian style stories, unless they have zombies running around in them. This one reminded me a lot of "The Handmaids Tale," and to a certain extent, "1984" and "The Truman Show," all of which I thought were very thought provoking and disturbing, as Hunger Games is.

The Prestige:- Well, firstly, I had no idea that Christian Bale was in it, who I'd never seen in a movie until a few days ago when I saw the Batman trilogy, or that Michael Caine was in it, OR that Christopher Nolan directed, so it was a bit of a coincidence that of all the recommendations made, I chose this one, and there they both were again! I didn't even realise that Bale was English, but I thought his accent was so good, that I had to IMDB him to check.
    Regarding the movie, loved it! Great story, and great twists at the end. Kind of felt like watching a feature length period episode of "Hustle."

I'm going with "The Fighter" next. Might as well get my Christian Bale-fest out of the way, before continuing with the all the other recommendations made.

So glad I asked for help. So far, not a dud amongst any of those chosen, and still so many to see. :)
  • Options
    mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    Have now seen:-

The Hunger Games - Right up my street. I love all these dystopian style stories, unless they have zombies running around in them. This one reminded me a lot of "The Handmaids Tale," and to a certain extent, "1984" and "The Truman Show," all of which I thought were very thought provoking and disturbing, as Hunger Games is.

The Prestige:- Well, firstly, I had no idea that Christian Bale was in it, who I'd never seen in a movie until a few days ago when I saw the Batman trilogy, or that Michael Caine was in it, OR that Christopher Nolan directed, so it was a bit of a coincidence that of all the recommendations made, I chose this one, and there they both were again! I didn't even realise that Bale was English, but I thought his accent was so good, that I had to IMDB him to check.
    Regarding the movie, loved it! Great story, and great twists at the end. Kind of felt like watching a feature length period episode of "Hustle."

I'm going with "The Fighter" next. Might as well get my Christian Bale-fest out of the way, before continuing with the all the other recommendations made.

So glad I asked for help. So far, not a dud amongst any of those chosen, and still so many to see. :)

Its not to everyones liking. I thought it was excellent so would be interested to get your thoughts on it.

If you're looking for Christian Bale films may I recommend Equilibrium. Its a bit out of your last 5 years spec but well worth watching if you get the chance.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not to everyones liking. I thought it was excellent so would be interested to get your thoughts on it.

If you're looking for Christian Bale films may I recommend Equilibrium. Its a bit out of your last 5 years spec but well worth watching if you get the chance.

One of my all time fav Christian Bale films along with American Pyscho
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How is it possible that I have never seen him in anything before? It now appears he's been in everything!

See what having kids will do to you......? Sheesh!