Options

Got to Love Facebook Groups

2»

Comments

• Options
    prasanthprasanth Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone find groups like these pointlessly harsh? :o Could you imagine if someone did that to you?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    prasanth wrote: »
    Does anyone find groups like these pointlessly harsh? :o Could you imagine if someone did that to you?

I agree with you, there is no need for it.
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Since I haven't deliberately thrust myself into the public eye, I doubt they are going to!
  • Options
    prasanthprasanth Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    Since I haven't deliberately thrust myself into the public eye, I doubt they are going to!

That's true I suppose, there is a certain price to pay, but Katie only went on a singing competition. The backlash seems a bit disproportionate to what she has actually done on screen :confused:
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    135,610 People Like This
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like the guy that created the page has gone nuts putting endless crap comments out that are flooding everyone's newsfeeds so they'll all be un-liking it. Idiot!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I joined but then I felt bad and un'like'ed....
  • Options
    MissSantayMissSantay Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've joined, it's a vile group but Katie is a vile human being. To watch her on Xtra Factor giving another one of her rehearsed speeches was sickening... "I'm being myself" and "I'm going to keep fighting" :rolleyes: She still thinks she can turn it around and connect with people. She's faking or just incredibly deluded.
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's true I suppose, there is a certain price to pay, but Katie only went on a singing competition. The backlash seems a bit disproportionate to what she has actually done on screen :confused:
    I find it more than a bit disproportionate.This whole X-Factor series has shown how nasty the public can be.
    Instead of expressing their dislike for Katie (who is just a contestant on a tv show) in a polite or rational way, these individuals prefer to jump on a bandwagon of hate and join in the public bullying.
  • Options
    JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    targetting a young woman, wow, en masse bullying. must be the poor tv or dark nights.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    210k now.

Probably more people in that group, than voted for her on Saturday night.
  • Options
    BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get if there are all these hates why shes still in??

Because you can't vote against a contestant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i love that group!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am going to join tomorrow
  • Options
    Born FreeBorn Free Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its bullying simple as that but their clearly mentally unstable and living proof that there's some disgusting human beings who create these kind of groups out there, surely the police should look into this but seems everybody doesn't care about what's happening and that's the annoying part! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The idea that it is bullying is absolutely laughable, virtually nobody in the facebook group will have ever met her or ever will, it is simply criticism of somebody that has deliberately put herself vividly in the very public eye. Sorry but if you're going to do throw yourself on TV etc you have to take the rough with the smooth and be prepared that some/many people may not like you. It's pantomime booing and nothing more. If she is truly getting upset about what people she's never met or come into contact with or ever will think and say about her then she needs to reconsider her career in entertainment.

Bullying is a far more personal thing and to call this it, you do a huge disservice to real playground and workplace bullying and lessen the seriousness of those acts.

Now, has anyone created a "Weasel was also rubbish on last year's xfactor with Jedward" group yet?