GCSE requirement for cleaning job?????

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    There are three grammar errors in the bit that asks for a qualification including English Language. Marvellous.

Oh yes, I've regularly seen spelling or grammar mistakes in job ads, and needless to say as the applicant you would be looked upon less favourably if you did the same. But that's life.. it's an employer's market.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much quote fail ITT
  • tediouslyrandomtediouslyrandom Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan 8t1 wrote: »
    Oh yes, I've regularly seen spelling or grammar mistakes in job ads, and needless to say as the applicant you would be looked upon less favourably if you did the same. But that's life.. it's an employer's market.

As I say, it's Tony Blair's fault for giving every Tom, Dick and Harry a worthless university degree.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over qualified, you've more brains than the manager - he's not going to employ you.

Twenty year retail background and an NVQ in customer service but a well known fast food chain commonly known by the 11th,6th and 3rd letters of the alphabet wouldn't even give me an interview because "your skills and experience do not match our requirements"!
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well to be honest it's why we have the situation now - degrees are worthless.

It depends what your degree is in surely......
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm working - I don't understand why you would say that I have never had any great difficulty getting a job, references when taken up ensure that.

A lot of it is pure luck or you know the right people.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much accusing me of knowing the right people rather than getting jobs on merit makes me feel so glad I have worked so hard and so honestly all these years.

As for luck again I work hard and honestly funny how good luck follows people who put in the effort.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    Well about time is all I can say, I know popular view is even a monkey could do a cleaning job but with chemicals and coshh and possibly working with equipment that can be very dangerous you do need some sort of brain in your head and to be able to speak and read English and understand it too.

Would be good to have some sort of test of a persons common sense before employing them would be good too.

Well said! Drives me nuts when staff don't have any common sense. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of it is pure luck or you know the right people.

Thanks so much accusing me of knowing the right people rather than getting jobs on merit makes me feel so glad I have worked so hard and so honestly all these years.

As for luck again I work hard and honestly funny how good luck follows people who put in the effort.[/QUOTE]

OK.

Since you're seeking the assistance of Moderators, I'll bid you farewell.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As for luck again I work hard and honestly funny how good luck follows people who put in the effort.

OK.

Since you're seeking the assistance of Moderators, I'll bid you farewell.[/QUOTE]

Why I am reporting the quotes have gone funny ? must have a guilty conscience if you think I am reporting you :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK.

Since you're seeking the assistance of Moderators, I'll bid you farewell.

Why I am reporting the quotes have gone funny ? must have a guilty conscience if you think I am reporting you :D[/QUOTE]

Yes, the quotes have gone weird.

I'm a rascal. ;):D