Options

Doc Martin (Part 16 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    My husband is very much like DM (made me attracted to him in the first place :D ) and he doesn't hug or cwtch much.

leannethemouse, what is a "cwtch" please? Just wondering if this is another Britishism we will have to decipher and untangle! Thanks!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Last Romantic, only if I can use your contribution to the product as well! Good stuff!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Thanks, SusieSagitarius! Use it all--go for it! Would you like to form a partnership?:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    leannethemouse, what is a "cwtch" please? Just wondering if this is another Britishism we will have to decipher and untangle! Thanks!:)

Ah, well let me begin. A cwtch (pronounced: 'cwt' rhymes with put, 'ch' as in chicken, you can youtube it as well) is a Welsh term for a cuddle. Only it's more than a cuddle, the English don't have a word for it. It's like an embrace and a cuddle. It's fun like a cuddle but full of emotion like an embrace. It's warm and cosy and safe. But with an element of fun. :p

I don't think DM is a cwtchy type, although I bet in the winter when he's cold in bed he might cwtch up to Louisa, that is what my husband tends to do.

Here is an article about it, if anyone is interested... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6521971.stm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course! There had to be a reason for hair that was that red!! Well spotted, Rob!

A welcome diversion from scents, conception or contraception, and facial hair... :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robspace54 wrote: »
    A welcome diversion from scents, conception or contraception, and facial hair... :)

You poor thing Rob.
    Ladies!!! We should try and remember we have some guys on this forum and we want to keep them! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    You poor thing Rob.
    Ladies!!! We should try and remember we have some guys on this forum and we want to keep them! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would rather be discussing what might be seen come September when DM hits the airwaves. Will the new director carry on with magic of the former ( Ben Bolt directed 32 of 38)? Will Louisa finally marry Martin? Will the new pharmacist (assuming there is one) get a crush on Penhale? Will Buddy ever find true love? Will Aunt Ruth write a book?
  • Options
    mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series I just HOPE we see them more comfortable around eachother, I would love to see them wake up with an arm around the other or something. It would be nice to see them touching eachother, in a hug or a hand hold or something. My husband is very much like DM (made me attracted to him in the first place :D ) and he doesn't hug or cwtch much. I feel Louisa's frustrations when it's always her doing the work. But like DM, he's learning. I LOVED the scene when she kisses him on the cheek - it was tender and he loved it. I would like more "Goodby, see you later" kisses. :rolleyes:

When DM was mistakenly examining the insomniacal man's genitals thinking he was Mr. Pearce, he stated that in a couple usually one of them takes the reins regarding initiating sexual activity.

So, who has those reins with DM and LG?

I would say LG, with her: 1) diving into the taxi kiss, 2) wanting to get him drunk and seduce him, 3) expecting sex after the optimum nutritional dinner, 4?) and one wonders if LG asked DM if he regretted the previous night after the Holly episode hug scene because she was the one pushing for sex after the hug. BUT, there on the patio, DM leaned in for that marvelous kiss and LG did so respond...

Perhaps LG is the usual lead, but DM is now and then assuming command in that regard? The only wonder is why, then, LG didn't initiate anything in S5, and get things started. She was really waiting for DM to lead, but if she has initiated intimacy the vast majority of times before DM may simply not have been emotionally ready to assume the sexual charge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather be discussing what might be seen come September when DM hits the airwaves. Will the new director carry on with magic of the former ( Ben Bolt directed 32 of 38)? Will Louisa finally marry Martin? Will the new pharmacist (assuming there is one) get a crush on Penhale? Will Buddy ever find true love? Will Aunt Ruth write a book?

Have you been tempted to the dark side yet, Rob? If not all will be revealed in a few months. Patience is a virtue, so I am told.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Every time Martin and Louisa meet they greet each other with their proper names. Martin says Louisa directly addressing her. Louisa usually says “Hello Martin” or simply Martin as well. They each use the other’s name when saying good bye. The only time Martin said “Lou” was when Danny was around.

In the final scene of the non-wedding, they great each other weakly using the other’s name.

When the Doc answers the phone he always says “Ellingham” except if he sees her number in which case he uses her name.

BTW he never went to see Edith; she always showed up to see him. DM would walk all the way across the village to start a fight with LG but made no effort to see EM.
  • Options
    MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry Rob...just getting carried away...but I hope we don't have to give up naughty completely
  • Options
    marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far we have:
    1. The Baron
    2. Polo
    3. English Leather

It would probably have to be something that didn't clash with Louisa's Flower by Kenzo. Any more suggestions?

Why not go with something new?
    Doc Martin - the cologne you don't need a appointment to use.

Ellingham - on call, day or night;);)

Interesting, in today's Business Section of the NY Times (8/6/13) there is an article about a new line of ladies shampoo called Sexy Hair and a picture of Marilyn Monroe with a quote from Monroe "If I'd Observed all the Rules, I'd Never Got Anywhere". Apparently, they are planning to come out with a line of shoes and clothing using some of the quotes from interviews with her.

I wonder if a line of cologne could be added to the Therapy page with some of the doc's priceless quotes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far we have:
    1. The Baron
    2. Polo
    3. English Leather

It would probably have to be something that didn't clash with Louisa's Flower by Kenzo. Any more suggestions?

Something that doesn't smell like cheese.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The conversation about what the Doc smells like is hilarious! Perhaps we might see some hints in that bathroom scene in series 5. There might be something on the shelf lol.

In regard to stubble, I am all for it! I bet Louisa would be too. My husband's job means he has to shave everyday, but on the weekend it's wife's orders that he doesn't shave ;)

I'd love to see him with a bit of stubble, waking up all sleepy (and possibly still nude from the night before :eek::cool::p).

This series I just HOPE we see them more comfortable around eachother, I would love to see them wake up with an arm around the other or something. It would be nice to see them touching eachother, in a hug or a hand hold or something. My husband is very much like DM (made me attracted to him in the first place :D ) and he doesn't hug or cwtch much. I feel Louisa's frustrations when it's always her doing the work. But like DM, he's learning. I LOVED the scene when she kisses him on the cheek - it was tender and he loved it. I would like more "Goodby, see you later" kisses. :rolleyes:

I think I saw a rubber ducky on the shelf, but no aftershave.

Leanne, ditto ditto ditto, everything you said. It doesn't have to be a huge grand gesture, just some touching here and there. I love your idea of the waking up scene :).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, folks

I know everyone is excited about the airing of DM in the UK in less than a month. But the closer the premiere gets, the more anxious many of us in the US get - because we are not certain when we will be able to see the program. So many sites and processes for viewing have been shut down (or have been complicated with added strictures) by those who have financial interests in doing so. I KNOW FOR CERTAIN that this forum is monitored by those who make the show. I implore you to TAKE ANY DISCUSSION of how you hope to access DM from the states OFFLINE (or PM someone who wants to discuss this). If you do not, it threatens the ability of some/many of us to see the show without weeks or months' delay. Many thanks for your understanding.
  • Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    When DM was mistakenly examining the insomniacal man's genitals thinking he was Mr. Pearce, he stated that in a couple usually one of them takes the reins regarding initiating sexual activity.

So, who has those reins with DM and LG?

I would say LG, with her: 1) diving into the taxi kiss, 2) wanting to get him drunk and seduce him, 3) expecting sex after the optimum nutritional dinner, 4?) and one wonders if LG asked DM if he regretted the previous night after the Holly episode hug scene because she was the one pushing for sex after the hug. BUT, there on the patio, DM leaned in for that marvelous kiss and LG did so respond...

Perhaps LG is the usual lead, but DM is now and then assuming command in that regard? The only wonder is why, then, LG didn't initiate anything in S5, and get things started. She was really waiting for DM to lead, but if she has initiated intimacy the vast majority of times before DM may simply not have been emotionally ready to assume the sexual charge.

Good question, Mona. And amazing that it took us this long to get to it!

Maybe Louisa took the lead because up til maybe the castle scene, she had either more self-confidence (experience?) and is generally less shy and inhibited than Martin? Maybe the lead will shift or become more equal as he gains more confidence that he won't be rebuffed and more comfortable with their intimacy? In other words, maybe their libidos are roughly equal but one is more comfortable about that than the other.

My answer about S5 for Louisa is exhaustion is very bad for the libido, and by the time "marital relations" might be resumed and the baby was relatively settled, things between them had degenerated -- she seems to have been ticked off much of the time, and that is probably pretty much a libido-killer as well.

SO we'll see how the balance works out in S6 (I hope we get to see something of it, at least).
  • Options
    mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, folks

I know everyone is excited about the airing of DM in the UK in less than a month. But the closer the premiere gets, the more anxious many of us in the US get - because we are not certain when we will be able to see the program. So many sites and processes for viewing have been shut down (or have been complicated with added strictures) by those who have financial interests in doing so. I KNOW FOR CERTAIN that this forum is monitored by those who make the show. I implore you to TAKE ANY DISCUSSION of how you hope to access DM from the states OFFLINE (or PM someone who wants to discuss this). If you do not, it threatens the ability of some/many of us to see the show without weeks or months' delay. Many thanks for your understanding.

Hello, statesidefan. I appreciate your concern, but even if The Powers That Be (TPTB) are watching us, which it's pretty obvious they are, they need to know two main things:
    1. They probably can't stop VPNs like TunnelBear, and if that doesn't work ACORN will.
    2. I'm going to buy the S6 DVDs and give them whatever money they ask for it.

TPTB do what they need to to try to control things, and fans do what they need to watch the show earlier. All that does is make us want to buy the DVDs ASAP. Overall, it's pretty win-win. We aren't out to cheat them; we are out to see the show earlier and buy the DVDs as soon as they hit the stores. We're not pirating their copyrights, or anything nasty or illegal. No one can see we have a malevolent attitude toward Buffalo Productions, etc; on the other hand, we love what they do and just want to view it sooner.

If ITV/ACORN had their acts together, anyway, the shows would air in the UK and the States at the same times. Until then, I don't think it's dangerous to say we're going to try a VPN or sign on with ACORN to see S6 sooner. I don't see a reason to get concerned about these discussions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, statesidefan. I appreciate your concern, but even if The Powers That Be (TPTB) are watching us, which it's pretty obvious they are, they need to know two main things:
    1. They probably can't stop VPNs like TunnelBear, and if that doesn't work ACORN will.

TPTB do what they need to to try to control things, and fans do what they need to watch the show earlier. All that does is make us want to buy the DVDs ASAP. Overall, it's pretty win-win. We aren't out to cheat them; we are out to see the show earlier and buy the DVDs as soon as they hit the stores. We're not pirating their copyrights, or anything nasty or illegal. No one can see we have a malevolent attitude toward Buffalo Productions, etc; on the other hand, we love what they do and just want to view it sooner.

If ITV/ACORN had their acts together, anyway, the shows would air in the UK and the States at the same times. Until then, I don't think it's dangerous to say we're going to try a VPN or sign on with ACORN to see S6 sooner. I don't see a reason to get concerned about these discussions.

Acorn blocked episodes on you tube, each time, the day after they were identified here. They also wiped fan videos which you would have thought only served to promote the show for them. No doubt they search for Acorn so we should write Ac***. :rolleyes:

The day after Linda on the podcasts mentioned a very well hidden set of videos on you tube they were taken down.

They make money out of every viewing of the show and are ruthless about stopping any other form of access. They will go to the ends of the earth to prevent access and if it keeps getting mentioned here they will find a way.

Why play with fire?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    Good question, Mona. And amazing that it took us this long to get to it!

Maybe Louisa took the lead because up til maybe the castle scene, she had either more self-confidence (experience?) and is generally less shy and inhibited than Martin? Maybe the lead will shift or become more equal as he gains more confidence that he won't be rebuffed and more comfortable with their intimacy? In other words, maybe their libidos are roughly equal but one is more comfortable about that than the other.

My answer about S5 for Louisa is exhaustion is very bad for the libido, and by the time "marital relations" might be resumed and the baby was relatively settled, things between them had degenerated -- she seems to have been ticked off much of the time, and that is probably pretty much a libido-killer as well.

SO we'll see how the balance works out in S6 (I hope we get to see something of it, at least).

I agree. Also in reference to Penhale lying to Maggie about her illness DM said: well excuse me if I don't think it is the height of romance to take advantage of someone who has a medical problem.
    It wasn't "medical problem" I don't think, but something similar that I think referenced his relationship to LG while she was still recovering from having the baby.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, folks

WELL SAID!!

And THEN when all the alternate sources have been snipper, the Forum will be filled with every spoiler spelled out word for word, thereby leaving North American fans crushed...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mona, I am asking you and others to restrain talking about how you may get your content. If you refuse to do it, I can't stop you - but I hope you will take this in the same spirit that you made your urgent request for spoilers from this group a while back. I shouldn't have to justify this, as this has been discussed on this forum several times in the past. Thanks to those who decide to exercise caution in deference to others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Acorn blocked episodes on you tube, each time, the day after they were identified here. They also wiped fan videos which you would have thought only served to promote the show for them. No doubt they search for Acorn so we should write Ac***. :rolleyes:

The day after Linda on the podcasts mentioned a very well hidden set of videos on you tube they were taken down.

They make money out of every viewing of the show and are ruthless about stopping any other form of access. They will go to the ends of the earth to prevent access and if it keeps getting mentioned here they will find a way.

Why play with fire?

I agree but don't believe there's a worry about discussing Ac***'s (per your request) streaming video service. They own the Doc Martin rights in North America and are promoting the fact that they have been and will offer Doc Martin. Their service is completely legit. It's their product, no secret, and they want us to spend that money with them.

I understand the other recommendations however.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WELL SAID!!

And THEN when all the alternate sources have been snipper, the Forum will be filled with every spoiler spelled out word for word, thereby leaving North American fans crushed...

Yes it would be sad because the day it is aired in the UK the show is going to be discussed here. If anyone doesnt want to read about it before it is aired in the US they really shouldn't be on the forum.

We can hardly expect everyone to put everything in spoilers until next march when it might hit the TV screens in the US and Australia can we?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    I agree but don't believe there's a worry about discussing Ac***'s (per your request) streaming video service. They own the Doc Martin rights in North America and are promoting the fact that they have been and will offer Doc Martin. Their service is completely legit. It's their product, no secret, and they want us to spend that money with them.

I understand the other recommendations however.

Yes, that is one source they won't block. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think it's only available in the US though so doesn't help people living in other countries and it is going to be a month's wait after screening in the UK before they air it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Caswell-Massey 1752 After Shave Balm - Fragrance Free
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.