Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are worse goalies.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Programme on BBC Three about this now.

They picked Vinnie Jones in midfield...thats Welsh international Vinnie Jones
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    There are worse goalies.
    Probably are but he did lose the world cup single handly through
    Gerrard, lampard, and scholes also mentioned
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »

Who's narrating this? They're bloody awful!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just showed Beckham v Simone, right now one of those will be welcomed almost anywhere now how times change
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Probably are but he did lose the world cup single handly through
    Gerrard, lampard, and scholes also mentioned

Hardly. He missed one save he might have got. Strikers miss open goals without being pilloried. No-one criticized gazza for failing to get the golden goal.

Defenders get outplayed. Why pick on the goalie? On this basis, you could blame seaman for missing ronaldhino's lob.
  • Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They also included David Nugent, who played one game and scored a goal.
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member

I think the joke they were trying to make was that even though Vinnie Jones played for Wales he was so blatantly English that he warranted inclusion, ignoring the fact that the only reason Vinnie did play for Wales was that he nowhere near getting an England cap.

As for my team:
    Scott Carson

Michael Ball
    David Unsworth
    Neil Ruddock
    Keith Curle

Steve Guppy
    Carlton Palmer
    Geoff Thomas
    Stuart Ripley

John Fashanu
    Michael Ricketts
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No wonder it's being axed ;-)
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member

Someone pretending to be a rock 'ard geezah for some reason
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Someone pretending to be a rock 'ard geezah for some reason

Awful programme, terrible voice.

They tried saying Gerrard and Scholes to be abit leftfield and spark debate.
    Ive seen both players play many times in the flesh and against eachother too, they are brilliant players with a varying contrast of style.
    Im a Liverpool fan and love Gerrard but seeing Scholes play at Anfield in the flesh was a pleasure. great player.

Them god awful z-list celebrities on the programme have probably never been to a game or seen any of the players play. How could a silly little 20yr old unknown comedian start giving stick about Des Walker!!
    Des Walker was a good player, I know its all about opinions but it was a nonsense programme
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnson, Neville and Upson belong nowhere near a list of worst internationals.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's Glenn Johnson done to warrant being on such a list?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's Glenn Johnson done to warrant being on such a list?
    At international level he has been poor, at the last world cup was showed how poor he really is by being outclassed by then very average German team ,and has proved many times since that he isn't international standard player, some Liverpool fans I know say he shouldn't even be in their starting 11 and know some blame him for the draw at palace in which ultimately proved crucial in the title race.
    We had some poor international players in last 20 odd years, that's at international level and not club which is what some people are trying to confuse the Two.
  • Options
    Draca_NoirDraca_Noir Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At international level he has been poor, at the last world cup was showed how poor he really is by being outclassed by then very average German team ,and has proved many times since that he isn't international standard player, some Liverpool fans I know say he shouldn't even be in their starting 11 and know some blame him for the draw at palace in which ultimately proved crucial in the title race.
    We had some poor international players in last 20 odd years, that's at international level and not club which is what some people are trying to confuse the Two.

The whole England team were outclassed by a strong German team, not 'very average' as you put it.

With regards to Johnson, he has some brain fart moments both for Liverpool and England but he's not the worst right back to have played for England. Would I have him in the team this year? Not on current form, but there's no one else who can play there at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    celesti wrote: »
    Johnson, Neville and Upson belong nowhere near a list of worst internationals.
    At international level yes think it's about right all 3 were guilty of terrible errors. And even though he was brilliant keeper for Leeds, I know saw him many times, for us , sometimes save us single handedly, when it came to international level Nigel Martin simply wasn't a good replacement for David seaman
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Draca_Noir wrote: »
    The whole England team were outclassed by a strong German team, not 'very average' as you put it.

With regards to Johnson, he has some brain fart moments both for Liverpool and England but he's not the worst right back to have played for England. Would I have him in the team this year? Not on current form, but there's no one else who can play there at the moment.

Can't argue there , 2 seasons ago thought Kyle walker was answer but he seems to have faded
  • Options
    Draca_NoirDraca_Noir Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't argue there , 2 seasons ago thought Kyle walker was answer but he seems to have faded

I thought that as well, but at the highest level Walker isn't good enough either. He has pace but like Johnson is liable to a couple mistakes a game.
  • Options
    Chelseafan101Chelseafan101 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those idiots put John Terry in the XI. Says it all about them really.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At international level yes think it's about right all 3 were guilty of terrible errors.

Nowhere near enough to be near a list of worst players. Not even close. Although if you think Germany in 2010 were an average side I feel I'm wasting keys here.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heskey has to be in it with Francis Jeffers. They couldn't score in a brothel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is Andy Sinton?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member

Heskey was a good foil for Owen though, he wasnt the greatest player but he seems to get alot of stick unfairly.
    No matter what level of striker you are, theres always the odd season or 2 in a career atleast when you are on form. Heskey was on form during that period and got more goals in his time at Liverpool than people like to believe, he had them couple of good seasons i was talking about.
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member

Jeffers - 1 cap, 1 goal

Shocking player though, stole a career for years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darreldo wrote: »
    Heskey was a good foil for Owen though, he wasnt the greatest player but he seems to get alot of stick unfairly.
    No matter what level of striker you are, theres always the odd season or 2 in a career atleast when you are on form. Heskey was on form during that period and got more goals in his time at Liverpool than people like to believe, he had them couple of good seasons i was talking about.

Haha, I am just reminded of Heskey's fairly recent sitter miss, in Australia.

HAHAHAHAHA.