Emma Watson

sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just read she graduated with a degree in english lit

Thats a true role model....could have lived off her millions but still choose to pursue a degree

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on Emma. She's great looking as well.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Good on Emma. She's great looking as well.

Trueee
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Have to say that I think she is a poor actress, but she is attractive and she comes across in interviews as being very intelligent and quite unfazed by celebrity. Which makes a pleasant change. More power to her.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well good she got herself a degree, she may need it to get a job other than acting, she really isn't a very good or convincing one at all.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she suddenly going to drop acting, give away all of her money and pursue a career using her degree? I don't understand that comment. Surely she's still living off her millions :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love her. I don't think she's the best actress in the world but she's far from the worst and seems like such a grounded person. I wish her all the luck in the world.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We only need one british posh stick-thin actress who can't act and that position is already taken.
  • WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such hate on this forum sometimes, I'm guessing some of you don't have a degree and it's the green eyed monster stepping in.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    And some of us are expressing out opinion, based on observation, that she isn't a very good actress - notwithstanding that she may have many other outstanding qualities.

Lots of luv.
    Soundcheck BA(Hons) MSc GDL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I don't think she's as bad as people are making out, I thought she was excellent in The Bling Ring, but I'm guessing she knows a lot of people like the role she was playing...
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think Emma is any great shakes in the acting department, but she is pretty damn awesome and cool in my book.

Kinda loving she's managed to get a degree whilst still acting. Big Congrats to Emma I say.

Let's face it she always gonna have an iconic status because of Hermione, so she's gonna be around for years yet. Better deal with it
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She guest-edited a magazine a month or two ago, conducting a few interesting interviews. I think she'd be suited to a career in journalism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lenitive wrote: »
    She guest-edited a magazine a month or two ago, conducting a few interesting interviews. I think she'd be suited to a career in journalism.

Guest editing is a normally. fluff title, my guess is she turn up, put a few ideas and then the real journalists put thing together.
    Forum Member
    myscimitar wrote: »
    Guest editing is a normally. fluff title, my guess is she turn up, put a few ideas and then the real journalists put thing together.

She conducted a few interviews, it was an interview Emma conducted in which J.K. Rowling said she didn't think Hermione and Ron would have had a happy marriage, so it ended up making the news...
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She conducted a few interviews, it was an interview Emma conducted in which J.K. Rowling said she didn't think Hermione and Ron would have had a happy marriage, so it ended up making the news...

Yeah, they seemed to always be at each other's throats. I could imagine a lot of arguments in their relationship if they started having one.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We only need one british posh stick-thin actress who can't act and that position is already taken.

I doubt she was chosen for the role on her acting abilities as they know she'd grow into it, as she did, they needed someone reliable over a 10 year period, she's hardly stick thin, she's developed into a fine young lady, I bet her parent are proud of her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

JK Rowling really annoys me saying all this stuff after it's ended. She chose to write them ending up together so she should just live with it, not ruin it for people who like the ending.

Like when she came out with Dumbledore being gay, clearly wanting the glory of having written a gay character without actually having bothered to do it >:(
    Forum Member
    Boofie wrote: »
    JK Rowling really annoys me saying all this stuff after it's ended. She chose to write them ending up together so she should just live with it, not ruin it for people who like the ending.

Like when she came out with Dumbledore being gay, clearly wanting the glory of having written a gay character without actually having bothered to do it >:(

This is off topic, but Dumbledore's sexuality is irrelevant to the Harry Potter story, if she had included it, it was just be gratuitous and she'd be moaned at for needlessly adding something many consider an adult topic to a children's book. (Not to mention the fact, her publisher would have probably vetoed it, the last book was published in 2007, before the recent gay rights push.)

Also, I get the impression J.K. Rowling has a specific idea in her head, but chose only to include bits that were relevant to story, hence all her updates and new information after the books were published. I don't think she's made it all up, just that she chose not to divulge it until recently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boofie wrote: »

I've lost a lot of respect for JK Rowling as a writer due to her statements like this because it really should be left to the readers themselves to take what they will from the text as it was originally presented.

However, as a person I think she's pretty damn incredible - she gives a lot of money to charity and has never conducted herself in public with anything less than grace and dignity. Her story of going from struggling single mum to best selling and beloved international author is wonderful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for her!

On the acting front, I think she's a decent actress. I wouldn't put her in the Jennifer Lawrence level but she's mid-range. I am not sure that she could ever lead or carry a movie. I see her as always being in a supporting actor role. That's not a bad thing, just that she hasn't broken into the elite actress sphere. She'll continue to get acting jobs but most likely not as the #1 on a call sheet.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such hate on this forum sometimes, I'm guessing some of you don't have a degree and it's the green eyed monster stepping in.

Oooh..............I've a degree but my views are worth no more than anyone elses.:confused:

Congrats to Emma who has worked hard and done well.:)

As for JKR she too has worked hard and done well and whilst I feel that she 'nicked' a lot from Roald Dahl, this ain't the place to discuss that.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So that's it...is it? :DThose of us that don't rate her as an actress are guilty of being "jellus" and not having a degree. Wrong on both counts with me.;-) One can hold an opinion on Ms. Watson without succumbing to your negative stereotypes!
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True :D .. and she's Emma's role model coincidentally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    She's a nice enough girl, perhaps has a slight tendency to think a little higher of herself than she used to but that comes with the millions of pounds in the bank and the fans screaming how perfect you are every day I suppose.

What I don't like about her is how her fans and her PR team seem to give off the impression Emma is still a sweet little girl with is still completely innocent. She's not. She's had several boyfriends, she's been drunk several times and has been know to have the odd spilff as well, especially when she was working on Perks of Being a Wallflower. She did the normal things teens do but she almost seems ashamed of it.

She can't act for toffee sadly for her though so I can't see her having a lengthy career as an actress in the coming years. Good for her getting a degree though, even if I am slightly sceptical at how she passed it given she didn't attend her final year at uni at all by the looks of it.
  • Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a nice enough girl, perhaps has a slight tendency to think a little higher of herself than she used to but that comes with the millions of pounds in the bank and the fans screaming how perfect you are every day I suppose.

What I don't like about her is how her fans and her PR team seem to give off the impression Emma is still a sweet little girl with is still completely innocent. She's not. She's had several boyfriends, she's been drunk several times and has been know to have the odd spilff as well, especially when she was working on Perks of Being a Wallflower. She did the normal things teens do but she almost seems ashamed of it.

She can't act for toffee sadly for her though so I can't see her having a lengthy career as an actress in the coming years. Good for her getting a degree though, even if I am slightly sceptical at how she passed it given she didn't attend her final year at uni at all by the looks of it.

I think that's her just protecting her image and having a private life. Do you want her to be drunk on the street? Make out with her boyfriends on the red carpet?