WOW! Kimberly has it out with Marlon (vid)

Comments

• James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    dtorre wrote: »

Saying something to someone is the same as punching them in the face? I don't think you've thought that through

You said she should be forced to put up with it because it's her job well a boxers job is to get hit so why should't they put up with that outside of work hours even Marlon himself knows he went to far.
  • Mostly HarmlessMostly Harmless Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Well done to her for standing up against common notions which are applied with a smile.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LizzieHod wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I really like Marlon, he is one of my fav's. But he messed up! He knows it and said sorry too.
    Ladish banter is fine, but there is a line where you go into sleezy/slimeball territory. He made a comment that crossed that line, and he knew straight away he shouldn't have said it, you could tell by his face.
    BB will do what they think is right, but expect lots of backlash after they show it.
    Sexism should not be accepted in a modern society, and making excuses about why or how it was used only allows it to continue.
    Ok off my soapbox.:p
    I still like Marlon though, and it seems kim does too.

Sexism absolutely shouldn't be acceptable in modern society, you're spot on there and Kim had every right to express her distaste at the remarks. However one could argue that men will always view women predominantly as 'pieces of meat' when there are women like her stripping off and objectifying themselves for men's sexual gratification.

And yes, of course it's a woman's choice to do this but there are consequences in a wider sense that should be considered perhaps before you show pink for pay.

Off my soapbox now too :kitty:
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    Sexism absolutely shouldn't be acceptable in modern society, you're spot on there and Kim had every right to express her distaste at the remarks. However one could argue that men will always view women predominantly as 'pieces of meat' when there are women like her stripping off and objectifying themselves for men's sexual gratification.

And yes, of course it's a woman's choice to do this but there are consequences in a wider sense that should be considered perhaps before you show pink for pay.

Men have been objectifying woman since the dawn of time, long before anyone stripped off for a mag, and would continue to do it long after they stopped, not that it's likely. That's a pretty glaring false equivalency, though I do get where you're coming from.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can see the haters eager to drag Kimberley down. Cut her a break. I personally think its due to the love triangle between her / Steven / Marlon.
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    "slightly sexual"?

It was crude, disrespectful and degrading. Kimberley was not being over-sensitive or over-dramatic. Many women hate these kinds of remarks and the men who make them need to re-educate themselves

Hardly. Now you're being over-dramatic. Instead of trying to force people into adopting their way of thinking, maybe these over-sensitive types could grow a sense of humour and not take things so seriously
    You said she should be forced to put up with it because it's her job

No I didn't, you've invented that to suit your (poor) analogy
  • CinnamonBrickCinnamonBrick Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the Manne-Kim.
    So icy and brutal. Emotionless Robot for the win!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Men have been objectifying woman since the dawn of time, long before anyone stripped off for a mag, and would continue to do it long after they stopped, not that it's likely. That's a pretty glaring false equivalency, though I do get where you're coming from.

Reinforcing the objectification with vast swathes of wank fodder is hardly helping the cause, put it that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the Manne-Kim.
    So icy and brutal. Emotionless Robot for the win!

After glancing at her online presence, I'm going for LegsaKimbo :D
  • SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't watch the video. But I never liked Marlon and I gathered by the way he speaks of women and gazes at them too that he might be quite lewd. If he bestowed the same amount of attention as he does Kimberly, I'd be super uncomfortable. Anyway, off to watch now.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member

Men have been objectifying women long before Playboys existed. A woman could be dressed in full on burqa and some men would still objectify her. In Kimberly's case, she hasn't stripped in the house, and just because she works as a naked or underwear model, does not mean it's in any way right yo comment on her sexually like Marlon did. The way to change it is for women and men to address men behaving like that (like Kimberly did) not finding ways to limit women and their choices, so men wouldn't have to take responsibility of their own actions, but just blame it on the actions women.

/off my soapbox. ;)
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    A sensible resolution to a silly bit of lads banter.
  • Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Marcus from BB10 complaining about being seen as a piece of meat too.

it's not nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marlon is scum
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Men have been objectifying women long before Playboys existed. A woman could be dressed in full on burqa and some men would still objectify her. In Kimberly's case, she hasn't stripped in the house, and just because she works as a naked or underwear model, does not mean it's in any way right yo comment on her sexually like Marlon did. The way to change it is for women and men to address men behaving like that (like Kimberly did) not finding ways to limit women and their choices, so men wouldn't have to take responsibility if their own actions, but just blame it on he scrubs of women.

/off my soapbox. ;)

How sad that so many women, even those as educated and intelligent as Kim, actively choose those choices...is that progress? I don't think so but that's for another thread perhaps :)
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    How sad that so many women, even those as educated and intelligent as Kim, actively choose those choices...is that progress? I don't think so but that's for another thread perhaps :)

If it works for her, she is happy and doesn't harm anyone, who are we to say her choices are wrong or less than other choices. But like you said, it's another fiscusdion completely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it works for her, she is happy and doesn't harm anyone, who are we to say her choices are wrong or less than other choices. But like you said, it's another fiscusdion completely.

That's debatable but I'll drop it now :D
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Reinforcing the objectification with vast swathes of wank fodder is hardly helping the cause, put it that way.

Why is it Kim's place to 'help the cause,' though? What about the men doing the objectifying? That implies again that the true fault lies with women as men can't control themselves and thus it's up to women not to 'tempt' them by showing their bodies off. Where do you draw the line with that? It's a really weird assertion, to be honest.
  • AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marlon is scum

What are you? Pffft.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Why is it Kim's place to 'help the cause,' though? What about the men doing the objectifying? That implies again that the true fault lies with women as men can't control themselves and thus it's up to women not to 'tempt' them by showing their bodies off. Where do you draw the line with that? It's a really weird assertion, to be honest.

It really isn't a 'weird' assertion at all, it's just a different point of view/branch of feminism call it what you will.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree. There are too many ads on the app.

Go to the Youtube channel instead, no ads on there.;-)

You can fast forward them. I only just realised that yesterday. Still annoying but a few swipes and you're watching the intended clip :) that's when watching on phone, not sure if it works on pc/laptop.

I love Kimberley. Shes the only girl this year I do actually like lots. Good for her for taking him to task. I still like him too, and he took it well.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Can see the haters eager to drag Kimberley down. Cut her a break. I personally think its due to the love triangle between her / Steven / Marlon.

I like the three model girls they appear to be the three nicest h/m's imo
  • changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dtorre wrote: »
    Hardly. Now you're being over-dramatic. Instead of trying to force people into adopting their way of thinking, maybe these over-sensitive types could grow a sense of humour and not take things so seriously

But this is exactly what you're doing. You're trying to "force people into adopting" your way of thinking and chucking out random insults at me for daring to disagree with your outdated victim-blaming attitude as well as the old "sense of humour" chestnut. How out of place someone like you must feel in this modern world where women don't and won't put up with sexist, crude, embarrassingly unnattractive and unfunny remarks from ridiculous delusional clueless men.
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kimbot is not programmed to have sexual relations with members of the human race. Anything that can be construed as a sexual advance by a human is met with immediate shut-down.
  • tigerlily96tigerlily96 Posts: 3,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LizzieHod wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I really like Marlon, he is one of my fav's. But he messed up! He knows it and said sorry too.
    Ladish banter is fine, but there is a line where you go into sleezy/slimeball territory. He made a comment that crossed that line, and he knew straight away he shouldn't have said it, you could tell by his face.
    BB will do what they think is right, but expect lots of backlash after they show it.
    Sexism should not be accepted in a modern society, and making excuses about why or how it was used only allows it to continue.
    Ok off my soapbox.:p
    I still like Marlon though, and it seems kim does too.

Great post