✭✭
    But where is Charlotte
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I would change the GMB format to

Mon-Wed Susanna Reid and Ben Shephard

Thurs-Fri Charlotte Hawkins and John Stapleron

Then I would have Ranvir Singh as stand in presenter / special features reporter.

I would Also have Kate and another male presenter as stand in too.

Sean Fletcher as sports presenter every day and Richard Arnold and Andi Peters as entertainment reporters.

Also I would have the presenters behind the desk from 6-7 and then from 7.00-8.30 put them on the sofa.

I would also have a live music performance on a Friday and have Laura as a roving reporter at theme parks, castles, holiday camps and other tourist places. She would also host the weather from here.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really can't believe they spelt Susan Sarandons name wrong on the graphic.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    But where is Charlotte

She must have the week off as Ranvir was there again today. I much prefer Ranvir anyway.
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe what I saw yesterday

Susanna interviewing one of rolf harris victims then straight into talking about the 4 dead teenagers in isreal

I was like no wonder its losing viewers
  • sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    I really can't believe they spelt Susan Sarandons name wrong on the graphic.

The spelling is consistently bad
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pembo2004 wrote: »

Susanna interviewing one of rolf harris victims then straight into talking about the 4 dead teenagers in isreal

It is news. They have to cover it.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    I noticed it was just the three off them again this morning, have they scrapped Sean? Or are they just waiting until the end off next month?
  • Trouble MakerTrouble Maker Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Personally I would change the GMB format to

Mon-Wed Susanna Reid and Ben Shephard

Thurs-Fri Charlotte Hawkins and John Stapleron

Then I would have Ranvir Singh as stand in presenter / special features reporter.

I would Also have Kate and another male presenter as stand in too.

Sean Fletcher as sports presenter every day and Richard Arnold and Andi Peters as entertainment reporters.

Also I would have the presenters behind the desk from 6-7 and then from 7.00-8.30 put them on the sofa.

I would also have a live music performance on a Friday and have Laura as a roving reporter at theme parks, castles, holiday camps and other tourist places. She would also host the weather from here.

This to some may come across as sexist, but its not meant to be, Its just I am a man, and we know how many men think and i may be one of them. I much prefer to see Laura in the studio as we get to see her legs. In the studio she wears skirts or dress' while out and about her legs are well covered up. She has a great pair of legs in my view and should be showing them off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dont think anyone can blame the presenters for that. Didnt see the programme by the way. Sometimes serious questions have to be asked of many editors, and not just on TV.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This to some may come across as sexist, but its not meant to be, Its just I am a man, and we know how many men think and i may be one of them. I much prefer to see Laura in the studio as we get to see her legs. In the studio she wears skirts or dress' while out and about her legs are well covered up. She has a great pair of legs in my view and should be showing them off.

GMB is supposed to be a news magazine programme presenting serious news stories.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member

Maybe I'm missing something but whats wrong with that? People say viewers want news, they give news and suddenly its inappropriate? Its just unfortunate that it was two awful stories.

The show definitely flows much better with just the three of them, and Susanna, Ben and Ranvir are working great. Susanna and Ranvir especially have a great rapport. I'm beginning to think the weak link is actually Charlotte, as I enjoy the programme when its Susanna, Ben and Kate. I do like Charlotte too but I find it better when she isn't on. Susanna seems to be loosening up a bit too and is more up for a bit of a laugh which is what ITV have always done well in the morning.
  • LordBobbinLordBobbin Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    JFoster1 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something but whats wrong with that? People say viewers want news, they give news and suddenly its inappropriate? Its just unfortunate that it was two awful stories.

I don't get the criticism here, either. Is tragedy now supposed to be followed straight up by fluffy? Where are these new guidelines that, apparently, producers are expected to know about?

Perhaps the people who hated the running order can explain just what was wrong..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JFoster1 wrote: »
    I do like Charlotte too but I find it better when she isn't on. Susanna seems to be loosening up a bit too and is more up for a bit of a laugh which is what ITV have always done well in the morning.

Perhaps it's not Charlotte per se, it's more the pairing of Susanna and Charlotte together that does not work (I'm sure that others will be able to provide their own thoughts on why that might be).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LordBobbin wrote: »
    I don't get the criticism here, either. Is tragedy now supposed to be followed straight up by fluffy? Where are these new guidelines that, apparently, producers are expected to know about?
    Yes, tragedy (or tragic) followed by fluffy would be wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LordBobbin wrote: »

Perhaps the people who hated the running order can explain just what was wrong..

I think what people are getting at is that it was two heavy stories one after the other, a bit much for 6am in the morning. I don't understand why some assume news is either happy of fluffy - the vast majority is somewhere inbetween. So the running order, where possible, should be something like heavy-medium-light-medium. How hard can that be?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    GMB is supposed to be a news magazine programme presenting serious news stories.

Made better when presented by women looking their best.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So after all the fuss they made about Fletcher going out for the World Cup, he's back home before the quarter finals start. :D
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    So after all the fuss they made about Fletcher going out for the World Cup, he's back home before the quarter finals start. :D
    :D:D

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I found RI:SE in its first few months more enthralling than GMB.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I found RI:SE in its first few months more enthralling than GMB.

Oh I loved RI:SE.
  • rammie96rammie96 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Looks like a definite change in format today - just two main presenters and a distinctly separate newsreader.

The fact that the main anchors are sat outside may be the reason, or that could be a way of taking attention away from the shift in format?

Or perhaps they are outside because they are also revamping the studio...?
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're just taking advantage of the good weather to bring something different.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have they finally got rid of the cringey pre-recorded handovers to the local regions?
  • rammie96rammie96 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Have they finally got rid of the cringey pre-recorded handovers to the local regions?
    They're certainly not doing them today.