BBC 1 Main Saturday Evening News 'Good Morning'

2»

Comments

• Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    For scheduling purposes the BBC ''day'' starts at 6 am.

LWT used to run until 6am Monday morning, that's six hours that's not considered part of the weekend being branded as weekend television... Or is it?

This Morning continues into the afternoon.

Old names of regional tv shows like London Tonight broadcasting at 6pm during mid summer, it's not really night is it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    scorer wrote: »
    Having known that there just might be a chance coverage of last nights game ending at midnight. Wouldn't it have been sensible to schedule a quick 5 minute summary during half-time or put it on BBC2 as there was no regional news.

I'm not fussed about it, just making an observation.

It is likely that people who were watching the match still expected that the news would be shown on BBC1 after the match.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    I agree it's a pretty trivial matter but trivial matters excite posters on DS.

There's still no harm in discussing it. Technically, midnight is the start of the morning, i.e. it is also known as 12:00 a.m. The presenter on the Sky News midnight bulletin says "Good morning" and so did Charlene White on the Saturday late ITV bulletin when it was delayed until 1:00 a.m. due to the England warm-up match being disrupted by lightning. However, when last Monday's late bulletin was shown at midnight due to extra time, Mark Austin said "Good evening".
  • Options
    djleekeedjleekee Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last Sunday when the football overran and the local ITV News aired around 00:30 on Sunday morning they also greeted viewers with 'Good Morning'

I don't see what the problem here is!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunhillpc1 wrote: »
    However, when last Monday's late bulletin was shown at midnight due to extra time, Mark Austin said "Good evening".
    Probably the autocue wasn't updated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djleekee wrote: »
    Last Sunday when the football overran and the local ITV News aired around 00:30 on Sunday morning they also greeted viewers with 'Good Morning'

I don't see what the problem here is!

Its a shame it wasn't delayed until 6am, then they could have said good morning britain.
  • Options
    Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunhillpc1 wrote: »
    There's still no harm in discussing it. Technically, midnight is the start of the morning, i.e. it is also known as 12:00 a.m. The presenter on the Sky News midnight bulletin says "Good morning" and so did Charlene White on the Saturday late ITV bulletin when it was delayed until 1:00 a.m. due to the England warm-up match being disrupted by lightning. However, when last Monday's late bulletin was shown at midnight due to extra time, Mark Austin said "Good evening".

Morning 6 am -`12 noon, Afternoon 12 noon -6pm, evening 6pm until 12 midnight, Night 12 midnight -6am.
    And in the military there is no 12 midnight - it jumps from 23.59hrs to 00.01hrs - known as the only two minutes service personnel get to themselves!
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't introduce a bulletin with "good night" as it sounds like you're saying goodbye.
  • Options
    Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjex wrote: »
    Due to the extended football the main BBC 1 evening news started at midnight and the presenter said 'Good Morning' at the start
    pjex wrote: »
    She then ended the bulletin Good Night, so which is it morning or night, I though morning followed night not the other way around!

That is pretty unusual, whatever way you think about it.