Sack Kay Burley

Comments

• Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    omgwtfbbq wrote: »
    I agree with all of these posts.

Peter Andre was totally over-reacting to the question. Or should that be over-acting? I don't see why Kay should be sacked when she asked a perfectly fair question. Peter was just attention seeking and desperately trying to get people feeling sorry for him. Again.
    Peter Andre is guilty of being too emotional and of having a certain code of conduct that he believes others should have too.

He must have been in some kind of shock with this marriage being sprung on him - even when you split up from a partner it takes a long time for all the emotional ties to disappear.

The guy has obviously sufferered because of the break-up even if he instigated it.

He didn't lose all that weight for effect.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orin wrote: »
    She should interview Jordan and make it two for two.

Jordan would eat her alive..remeber her stint on that US TV show??

the woman ripped her apart and KP just sat there water off a ducks back.

IMO sky are losing any Cred they still have...gone are the days of all the high class awards..I turned it on this morning Jedwood jumping up and down on the sofa...:eek:
  • KiskinKiskin Posts: 6,280
    Forum Member
    I don't think anyone involved in the katie/peter/alex/dwight etc etc drama is whiter than white but Kay Burley really went too far in my opinion. I've never ever warmed to her and this just adds to my reasons why
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I switched channels while they were showing the music video, guess I missed out. Peter Andre always seems so butt-clinchingly insincere anyway.

But I can't stand that Kay Burley either - wasn't she punched up last year or something?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he should do himself a massive favour and just stop being interviewed at this point in time, he knows its a sensitive subject but hes putting himself in the firing line, fair enough he has an album to flog but to be fair he wouldnt even have an album out if it wasnt for his association with her, if he wants some dignity back in his life he should take his kids on holiday, let his album sell itself (sure his die hard fans will make sure it does) and let the dust settle, his kids should be his priority right now, and if hes the great father he claims to be, his album will take second place - theres a saying, if youre in a hole, stop digging, and by 'breaking down' on tv hes only making himself look worse
  • fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    W3zzy wrote: »
    Agree, Peter just doing his little feel sorry for me act so the public support him bit more, really cannot stand the man

He's overplaying his one so much as well! If he's ever made any enquiries about the chance of adopting Harvey, he'll know that a stepfather can only adopt if the natural father is prepared to relinquish all parental rights. Reid can't adopt the kids without Andre's permission no matter what Pwicey wants to happen.

But that wouldn't give him a sob story for his next round of interviews would it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way should she be sacked. Pete is such a drama queen. He is the dad. No one can take that from him!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people are correct..Burley knew..less than 24 hrs after his EX got married..it was a scoop within seconds of the interview ending ****Breaking news on sky..Andre cuts short sky interview***

you only have to see how many times a week they drag on former Sun workers to see what they are doing..its basically The sun TV channel.
  • Wilton ShagpileWilton Shagpile Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    karen2401 wrote: »
    sorry but i disagree, pete said he wanted to adopt harvey, no matter what a ******** dwight yorke is harvey is his son, kay asked how he'd feel if alex wanted to adopt his kids, a perfectly fair question and he couldnt handle it, double standards
    Theres a big difference between Dwight and Peter,
    one has never been there for his own child,
    the other has always been there for all of them,
    to ask him how he'd feel about a crossdressing knob who his ex wife has knows for "months"might want to adopt them is enough to make anyone mad/cry cameras or not.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    Jordan would eat her alive..remeber her stint on that US TV show??

the woman ripped her apart and KP just sat there water off a ducks back.

IMO sky are losing any Cred they still have...gone are the days of all the high class awards..I turned it on this morning Jedwood jumping up and down on the sofa...:eek:

Can't see her making Jordan cry as she is a heartless ****!
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should interview Jordan and make it two for two.

Kwusty would have surly Burley for breakfast
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no. Keep her. Part loose canon, part tactless provoker in a world of sappy journos. Pete knew the content of the interview, remember that. For all we know, he could be as bad as Pwicey because no-one of us know either of them.

Save Hurley Burley!!!!
  • KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's so insensitive and out of order for Kay Burley to ask him how he would feel if Katie and Alex decided they wanted to take Peter's kids off him - any father would be devastated and angry at the thought and for them to even ask him that was just awful, but it made it worse that upon seeing his reaction she then probed the question AGAIN! What an awful woman, I'm glad he decided to quit the interview and make her look small.
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    fizzycat wrote: »
    He's overplaying his one so much as well! If he's ever made any enquiries about the chance of adopting Harvey, he'll know that a stepfather can only adopt if the natural father is prepared to relinquish all parental rights. Reid can't adopt the kids without Andre's permission no matter what Pwicey wants to happen.

But that wouldn't give him a sob story for his next round of interviews would it?

Chinese Whispers seems to be the game here.

Peter actually said that it would never happen and he wasn't the one who raised it!

Edit to stress the fact:

PETER DID NOT SAY THAT ALEX REID MIGHT TRY TO ADOPT HIS CHILDREN. HE DID NOT RAISE THAT QUESTION. HE ACTUALLY REFUTED IT AND SAID IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no. Keep her. Part loose canon, part tactless provoker in a world of sappy journos. Pete knew the content of the interview, remember that. For all we know, he could be as bad as Pwicey because no-one of us know either of them.

Save Hurley Burley!!!!

I wonder when her next little 'vanishing' act will be ;)

that seems to be the norm..she steps out of line andrew wilson is there then...:D
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, surely Kay only asked what she was told to ask (I wasn't aware that interviewers wrote their own questions?) - though from watching the clip I think it was her interpretation of why Sky had shown him the Dwight Yorke clip that upset Peter more than the clip itself - Kay Burley suggesting Reid moves in on his kids, only hours after he finds out Katie has re-married, was a low blow. What did she expect? He's a genuinely emotional bloke.

I agree she should be sacked but that's because she's a God-awful horse-faced interviewer with the compassion of a prison guard on the murder wing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMX wrote: »
    I think it's so insensitive and out of order for Kay Burley to ask him how he would feel if Katie and Alex decided they wanted to take Peter's kids off him - any father would be devastated and angry at the thought and for them to even ask him that was just awful, but it made it worse that upon seeing his reaction she then probed the question AGAIN! What an awful woman, I'm glad he decided to quit the interview and make her look small.

Thats why she is having so much flax now IMO..
    what a totally crazy and clearly done to get the reaction.

I posted in another thread..you can imagine in some months now DS/Sun..

'KP alex will be the kids real dad' and all that BS.

its back to the whispers again how alex feels 'not part of the family' etc etc

Burley hits very low blows quite a lot..but today was the lowest..it was like that pathetic Coup against Brown some weeks ago..there she was outside parliment..

totally running away 'when do we think the prime minister will Quit' this was after they already knew the coup was just 2 former bitter ministers poop stirring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he should do himself a massive favour and just stop being interviewed at this point in time, he knows its a sensitive subject but hes putting himself in the firing line, fair enough he has an album to flog but to be fair he wouldnt even have an album out if it wasnt for his association with her, if he wants some dignity back in his life he should take his kids on holiday, let his album sell itself (sure his die hard fans will make sure it does) and let the dust settle, his kids should be his priority right now, and if hes the great father he claims to be, his album will take second place - theres a saying, if youre in a hole, stop digging, and by 'breaking down' on tv hes only making himself look worse

No albums sell themselves, they all need promotion.

He didn't break down on TV anyway, that's a ridiculous over-exaggeration. He was angry and upset over Burley's line of questioning, I think his emotion was rather endearing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He didn't break down on TV anyway, that's a ridiculous over-exaggeration. He was angry and upset over Burley's line of questioning, I think his emotion was rather endearing.

I was screaming at the TV 'FFS peter tell her F off'

its only going to be a matter of time before someone does that..Smug=Kay burley.

I totally agree he handled the other part (namely getting married) totally fine...the fact she even dared to suggest alex reid would be or try to be the 'new dad'....:eek:
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :DI can see murdoch sacking Kay cos she made poor pete cry.:cry::p

Hey that is saint Pete you are slagging off:mad::p:D
    The two of them are as bad as each other (jordan, andre). I think the journalists should stop interviewing and writing about them. I bet they would love that.:D
    My head is spinning with all these PR games they are both playing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He sold his life and childrens to the media. If he didn't show EVERY aspect of his life to the media, she wouldn't have had the need to ask those types of questions.

Couldn't agree more. You reap what you sow.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only time that woman is happy is when she has a Labour politician to interview she is like Fiona Phillips a Labour lap Dog.

I think she got a slap on a O.B. last year which does not surprise me.
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay Burley is an egotistical, fame-seeking muppet who thinks she's working on Newsnight instead of a GMTV-style magazine. She shit-stirred in the interview with Peter just to get headlines. What she discussed and the clip she showed was cruel because it's old news now - he wont be trying to adopt Harvey seeing as they're divorced, and there's no question of Alex being the kids new dad and to take over from Peter, so it was pointless questioning purely to get a reaction from him. At least he didn't storm off air as she'd have liked him to, and reacted in a normal, human way. From some of the posts I've read, it seems it's uncool for a man to show his emotions, and that he only did it for symapthy - something he doesn't need as he's liked by a lot - but I'd rather see human emotions being displayed than someone who is as hard as nails and never seems to shed a single tear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i just watched the interview on youtube, first time ive seen dwight yorke speak and to be honest he came across as quite level headed, pete looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights when kay asked him that question, the very fact that dwight said that proves he cares about his son, im divorced but no matter what a prat my ex husband is i wouldnt even consider letting another man adopt my kids - seems like a bit of point scoring on st pete's part, the question made him uncomfortable, thats why he ended the interview - in some respects i feel sorry for him, but again, his kids should be priority, not his album
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i just watched the interview on youtube, first time ive seen dwight yorke speak and to be honest he came across as quite level headed, pete looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights when kay asked him that question, the very fact that dwight said that proves he cares about his son, im divorced but no matter what a prat my ex husband is i wouldnt even consider letting another man adopt my kids - seems like a bit of point scoring on st pete's part, the question made him uncomfortable, thats why he ended the interview - in some respects i feel sorry for him, but again, his kids should be priority, not his album

You cannot be serious. If Dwight cared about his son, he would be a proper father to him, he would've been in his life and not an absent father for the last 7 years. You obviously don't like Pete and can't see anything positive about him at all, not even when a man like Yorke shirks his fatherly responsibilities. In some ways, that's still Pete's fault. :rolleyes: I really wish his detractors would at least be fair.