Options

Veins in wrist are very light blue - which is unusual?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;44857748']Well I did ask him for it and he said he can't tell me - "you know I can't tell you that, don't you?"
    because of something to do with life threatening illnesses and it's private information. :confused:He may have mentioned operations. but I find it a bit unusual since everyone in my extended family [grandma grandad uncles etc] knows their blood type. I do want to donate blood in the future but I don't think I can.

He probably didn't mean he knew, but couldn't tell you, but probably that he couldn't tell you because you haven't been blood typed. people with life threatening illnesses and those about to have operations are probably bloody type as a matter of routine as they may have to receive a blood transfusion.
    Maybe you should take notes when you go and see the doctor ? Sometimes it can get confusing and we can remember things differently. That way you could take it down and be clearer about things.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah;44857771']But I went to the doctor exactly a week ago. Do you suggest I go again?
    I'm having a blood test on Monday.

Wait for the results of the blood test, stop posting on here, relax, and enjoy your weekend. And look forward to reaching the age where getting upright in the morning is a good result!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your extended family have probably given blood/had babies/had ops hence they know their blood type.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Mint_Tea wrote: »
    Hannah, I think it would be best for everyone concerned if you didn't donate anything.:)

What do you mean by that?
  • Options
    Mint_TeaMint_Tea Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Hannah's not a deliberate WUM, bless her, she just needs a social life - how many other 17 year olds are at home on a laptop on a Friday evening? :(

I wasn't referring to Hannah. Tis true! We didn't even have laptops really when I was 17!:o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My doctor was similarly dismissive when I suggested I would like to know my blood type.

'Oh' he said

... I mean ...how dismissive is that?!!?

Cu-chung! In the net. G'nite all xxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hannah's not a deliberate WUM, bless her, she just needs a social life - how many other 17 year olds are at home on a laptop on a Friday evening? :(

I would be out if I was feeling alright. But I'm not.

I'm pretty sure it's not anxiety because I don't feel panicky about anything.. well a bit about the blood test on monday. but I'm just sad about everything else not panicky though been past that stage.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah;44857771']But I went to the doctor exactly a week ago. Do you suggest I go again?
    I'm having a blood test on Monday.
    No Hannah, don't go to the doctor again, you'll be wasting your time and his/hers. Don't phone NHS Direct either, not on a Friday night, not with pale blue wrist veins, they will laugh at you (when you've put the phone down, not at you, I hope)

Wait til Monday and talk to the practise nurse about your concerns, she'll reassure you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't referring to Hannah. Tis true! We didn't even have laptops really when I was 17!:o:D
    But..but Minty, we are only in our very early 20's now............aren't we?;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bornslippy wrote: »
    My doctor was similarly dismissive when I suggested I would like to know my blood type.

'Oh' he said

Over the cross bar more like. Nite
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'Oh' he said

G'nite Slippy, I like that one:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But..but Minty, we are only in our very early 20's now............aren't we?;):D

Errrrmmmm....yea....of course....nubile young thing me!:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah;44857886']I would be out if I was feeling alright. But I'm not.

I'm pretty sure it's not anxiety because I don't feel panicky about anything.. well a bit about the blood test on monday. but I'm just sad about everything else not panicky though been past that stage.

Enjoy being young, from 25 it all goes down hill ! It might help to actually go and do something else rather than be online obsessing about it. I hate blood tests as I have deep set veins which are difficult to find, but you get used to most things. Having been pregnant and now with a thyroid condition, I have had lots of blood tests, you just grit your teeth and get on with it.
  • Options
    sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    my selective reading and the utterances of jimmy carr are both distracting me a litttle, I will concede

Selective reading and one-liners can sure catch you out.

(Did I ever mention that I saw Jimmy Carr when he was still a warm-up man? Happy timesl.)
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You worry too much Hannah. Try and relax.
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Hannah;44857886']I would be out if I was feeling alright. But I'm not.

are you sexually active?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    are you sexually active?

She'd need to be away from her computer for more than 5 seconds for that!:D
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From what I've HEARD, it's possible to do both. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    susie-4964 wrote: »

From what you've heard eh?;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    Don't give her ideas, she might accidentally switch on the webcam halfway through - then she really would have problems:eek:

Must toddle off, work at 7 tomorrow *sigh* (Hope Hannah doesn't turn up where I work with her wrist veins)

Nite nite x
  • Options
    sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member

Eh? How bad is your sexual life?

I'd have put it at least two minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    are you sexually active?
    Why?? :confused: I'm not pregnant I've already taken a test.

Go away please you're not being helpful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah are you also known as Bob ? Not as random a question as people might think.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LQS wrote: »
    Hannah are you also known as Bob ? Not as random a question as people might think.....

Why would you ask that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah;44858286']Why would you ask that?

Because I know of a Hannah who is also known as Bob, and acts just like you !
This discussion has been closed.