Options

X Factor Gamu wins right to stay in UK

13»

Comments

• Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    there is talk of the home office appealing the decision. hope so. this scrounger and her family should be sent back where they came from and stop fleecing the uk for money they dont deserve. x factor sob story crap.

I agree. These people are scroungers who claimed benefits they were not entitled to.

How are they different to the family of Romanians jailed this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    What a sweeping generalisation. Many immigrants work hard, pay taxes, help keep our public services going and do the jobs some Scots/Brits aren't prepared to do.

Indeed they do and they should all be welcomed with open arms.

Not many of them claim benefits they are not entitled to and then try and blame someone else for it.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    I agree. These people are scroungers who claimed benefits they were not entitled to.

How are they different to the family of Romanians jailed this week.

I haven't read about the Romanians but maybe they were unable to argue they'd been given duff advice by HMRC?
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets all have a party.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I haven't read about the Romanians but maybe they were unable to argue they'd been given duff advice by HMRC?

It's a quality story. They were flying in from Romania, picking up their benefits, and flying back.

Perhaps if one of them had been a failed contestant on a reality TV show then they would have been told to keep the money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ignorance and name calling shown on this thread by some, is beyond anything I have come across...that includes abuse from the NF ...BNP and the EDL.

This forum has descended into the mire of intolerance that doesn't become the sense of fair play and free thinking that Britain is famed for.

Bottom line... Gamu can sing.

She has been awarded leave to stay in the UK...what she chooses to do with that freedom, is for her to decide!

Now ...let's talk X Factor!
  • Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ramiz wrote: »
    The ignorance and name calling shown on this thread by some, is beyond anything I have come across...that includes abuse from the NF ...BNP and the EDL.

You obviously haven't been reading the Cheryl Cole threads...:D
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    ramiz wrote: »

This forum has descended into the mire of intolerance that doesn't become the sense of fair play and free thinking that Britain is famed for.

Bottom line... Gamu can sing.

She has been awarded leave to stay in the UK...what she chooses to do with that freedom, is for her to decide!

Now ...let's talk X Factor!

ahhh...question autotuned visa overstayer Gamu's status...and its "intolerance" ..lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She took advantage of her popularity from the show and began spinning stories about her family being faced with a death squad (when she visited Zimbabwae on holiday without any problems) if they were to be sent home, complete with crocodile tears. It all just screamed desparate, bottom line is good singer or not, the government needs to definately grow a backbone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    ahhh...question autotuned visa overstayer Gamu's status...and its "intolerance" ..lol

Not so much the questioning...the disgusting personal comments about her!

A government body investigated and has granted her a stay... what's that got to do with whether or not she can sing....people use any excuse to bring out their prejudical ignorance.

It would be nice to separate the two issues!

March on!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    It's a quality story. They were flying in from Romania, picking up their benefits, and flying back.

Perhaps if one of them had been a failed contestant on a reality TV show then they would have been told to keep the money.

Or perhaps not. I honestly can't think that the courts would take that into consideration.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know people who've heard Gamu perform live before her appearance on X Factor, and they are all united in saying she was a wonderful singer. The fact she was autotuned on the show reflects on the show rather than on her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know people who've heard Gamu perform live before her appearance on X Factor, and they are all united in saying she was a wonderful singer. The fact she was autotuned on the show reflects on the show rather than on her.

Oh well..her whole family must be given British passports,on the strength of that...no question..
    With autotune on her audition show and her getting voted off,I will never know for sure -I do know she didn't bother learn the right lyrics to "Walking on Sunshine" though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    x_bibs93_x wrote: »
    She took advantage of her popularity from the show and began spinning stories about her family being faced with a death squad (when she visited Zimbabwae on holiday without any problems) if they were to be sent home, complete with crocodile tears. It all just screamed desparate, bottom line is good singer or not, the government needs to definately grow a backbone.

No body wants to respond to you bibs...I reckon you have scored a goal...and a good one too..;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh well..her whole family must be given British passports,on the strength of that...no question..

Good call, the country has a desperate shortage of second rate singers. Gamu would help fill that much needed, vital, occupation.
  • Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The UK is lucky to have a talent like Gamu wanting to live here. Also, she could never have gone back as Mugabe had a fully trained gun squad waiting for Gamu at every airport.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The UK is lucky to have a talent like Gamu wanting to live here. Also, she could never have gone back as Mugabe had a fully trained gun squad waiting for Gamu at every airport.

Each and every one of them has a bullet with Gamu's name on it too.
  • Options
    Forum Member

And killer sharks with laser beams attached to their heads..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With autotune on her audition show and her getting voted off,I will never know for sure -I do know she didn't bother learn the right lyrics to "Walking on Sunshine" though

I didn't say she should be given a passport on the strength of that. I was simply answering the claims that she isn't a good singer.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the bile that has been posted on here about Gamu is worse than pathetic and the posters concerned need to have a long hard look at themselves in the Mirror.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Some of the bile that has been posted on here about Gamu is worse than pathetic and the posters concerned need to have a long hard look at themselves in the Mirror.

Maybe it's a reaction to the nonsense posted about her excuses and rights to stay in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »

Absolutely... I agree :)
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you want immigrants that cant afford these empty properties either..lol
    They can afford them because they are out earning good wages in occupations such as nursing, like Gamu's mother.
  • Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's a reaction to the nonsense posted about her excuses and rights to stay in the UK.

Exactly. It's people who publicly complain that they'll be executed if they return to their native country whilst conveniently omitting mention of their frequent recent holidays there who ought to be looking in the mirror.
  • Options
    bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She may as well give the X factor another go. She's got nothing to lose and she had a good singing voice