Options

'Mum, the bears are back. With her three babies. They’re... eating me!"

Comments

• Options
    jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucyDTrym wrote: »
    I am so sorry but I dont believe a word of this.

Yes they were both killed sadly by a bear but to the rest of it I think its made up for effect. I mean 2 russian people killed by a bear is normal but to say that she rang her mum 3 times by being eaten by a bear sells newspapers.

The shock would have killed this girl and the blood loss very quickly....

Sorry but I think this is horrible and should not be even allowed to be published its just gore for the sake of gore. :mad:
    It is quite obviously utter garbage. I note no comments are being allowed on this "article".

Bears, like any animal, don't eat their prey alive. They kill it first so it doesn't run away or injure them.

The one exception may be humans.
  • Options
    Hector RivaHector Riva Posts: 2,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jrio wrote: »
    It is quite obviously utter garbage. I note no comments are being allowed on this "article".

Bears, like any animal, don't eat their prey alive. They kill it first so it doesn't run away or injure them.

The one exception may be humans.

Comments were there when I looked. Perhaps they were doing some editing when you looked?
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get how anyone can do a running commentary as they are being eaten alive by a bear and bear cubs. Did the commentary also continue as the body passed through the digestive system?

"Hey mom, can't talk right now, just passing through the large intestine, see you in about 4 hours, have some loo roll ready".

I'm calling bear sh*t on this "story".

By the sounds of it the daughter and step-father have ran off together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it's very simple to ascertain if it's true. There would be records of her mobile phone calls. Very tragic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    I don't get how anyone can do a running commentary as they are being eaten alive by a bear and bear cubs. Did the commentary also continue as the body passed through the digestive system?

"Hey mom, can't talk right now, just passing through the large intestine, see you in about 4 hours, have some loo roll ready".

I'm calling bear sh*t on this "story".

By the sounds of it the daughter and step-father have ran off together.

Hehe, their bodies were found and the bear was eating the stepfather when his brother and police turned up. Another poster mentioned that bears pin you down and go for your feet first, so if that is correct then I suppose she could have decided to make a few phone calls while being eaten alive, feet first.
  • Options
    alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I queried why the girl rang her mum and not 999 I meant so she could get help, not so they could arrest the bears! That is what I would do. Especially if she made an hours worth of calls... Surely the rescue services would be there by then!
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I doubted his when I read it yesterday and believe it even less now. (I believe she was eaten by a bear, but not the phone call bit).
  • Options
    Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Given that the whole mum-young daughter plastic surgery story turned out to be a fabricated fable it seems quite possible here too. This is actually must less believable. People are able to line their pockets with this nonsense though.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    And there's the reason every one in Russia, Finland, sweeden, norway have guns.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh for goodness sake, the bears are just wild animals, plenty left , this little group being killed will not have any effect on population. The bear may have been doing "natural " stuff, but it now has taste for humans, bad news for anyone else who ventures into the area. Normal bear behaviour is just to move away from humans. It may have been necassary to kill the bear in order to recover the bodies, otherwise we see more dead people. babies had to die as well as they would not survive, these are not carebears.

Equally though you could say that there are plenty of humans left and if they eat some more it won't have any effect on the population and people should stay out of the area.
    And there's the reason every one in Russia, Finland, sweeden, norway have guns.

Obviously not the girl and the stepfather!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder what bears taste like.
  • Options
    Debs79hDebs79h Posts: 175
    Forum Member

apparently really good :eek: going by some documentry that was on BBC 2 last year which a guy followed a scientiest studying bears and went and spoke to some of the hunters. He ate a bear burger and said it was the best burger he'd ever had first id realised that people ate them as well as skinned them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    This is exactly what I mean, polar bears, sharks, brown bears, wasps, etc. It almost seems as though animals are running the show these days, governments need to get themselves into gear and tackle these issues, IMO population reduction in these species is what is needed, as allowing populations of these beasts to increase because of pressure from animal rights nutters has brought them more into conflict with humans, and we're now seeing the consequence of protecting animals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Vanderlyle wrote: »
    This is exactly what I mean, polar bears, sharks, brown bears, wasps, etc.

Maybe they know something we don't. Perhaps we underestimate how good a young healthy 21st Century human tastes? Maybe we should sample some to see if the hype is justified. Then perhaps we won't be so hasty to criticise these creatures for being compulsive and deviating from their typical dietary habits. I've been known to be tempted by a Mars Bar or Haagen Dasz myself. Such hypocrisy on this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they know something we don't. Perhaps we underestimate how good a young healthy 21st Century human tastes? Maybe we should sample some to see if the hype is justified. Then perhaps we won't be so hasty to criticise these creatures for being compulsive and deviating from their typical dietary habits. I've been known to be tempted by a Mars Bar or Haagen Dasz myself. Such hypocrisy on this thread.

Isn't there written evidence from cannibals that state human meat tastes like pork?
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member

Chicken.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    Chicken.

I thought that was frogs legs and cats?
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanderlyle wrote: »
    This is exactly what I mean, polar bears, sharks, brown bears, wasps, etc. It almost seems as though animals are running the show these days, governments need to get themselves into gear and tackle these issues, IMO population reduction in these species is what is needed, as allowing populations of these beasts to increase because of pressure from animal rights nutters has brought them more into conflict with humans, and we're now seeing the consequence of protecting animals.

Wasps? :D Phone the council.
  • Options
    pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member

I just know you have to really cook that stuff through, they have parasites. So I guess bear stew is the only safe way.

By the very fact that it never got popular, I think you woudln't actually want to eat it unless you had to. Many of these wild meats are very gamey.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible story but why exactly were all four bears killed? It would have been far better to corden the area off as a natural bear habitat. It's not as if they went into these people's homes. The timespan between the calls and anyone arriving for help shows it was pretty far away from the village.

It's the circle of life at the end of the day, why should humans be above it?
  • Options
    LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rossall wrote: »
    The only other source I can find is that bastion of journalistic excellence, The Sun.

The mother could quite easily have exaggerated it to extract money out of the Russian papers which could explain why no
    reliable news sources
    are carrying the story.

does one of them exsist then? :confused::eek:
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So some people wander into a bears natural habitat then wonder why they have a bear gnawing on their skulls.

Hey I might stick my head in a wasp nest and see what happens durrrrr.......I might even be able to text me mates whilst I'm being stung to death. "Hi got hed n wasp nest lmao fml brb"
  • Options
    pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    So some people wander into a bears natural habitat then wonder why they have a bear gnawing on their skulls.

Hey I might stick my head in a wasp nest and see what happens durrrrr.......I might even be able to text me mates whilst I'm being stung to death. "Hi got hed n wasp nest lmao fml brb"

We should follow the uk's example and wipe them out?;)
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    Horrible story but why exactly were all four bears killed? It would have been far better to corden the area off as a natural bear habitat. It's not as if they went into these people's homes. The timespan between the calls and anyone arriving for help shows it was pretty far away from the village.

It's the circle of life at the end of the day, why should humans be above it?
    Yes why?- I'm just wondering what would happen if we were ever knocked off the top of the food chain.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i lol'd