Serving British solider's Mosque terror plot

Comments

• Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mosque story is based on nothing more than local gossip. I believe that the land was sold for a fiver but it was wasteground and it's all about local regeneration. I have no idea where the threats stuff comes from but I shall have a little looky now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it doesn't, am not disputing that.
    Good . And I do agree with the OP if it had been something negative about Muslims . You wouldnt be able to move with the outrage . However where is the outrage about this on Facebook etc . The "If you dont respect our flag **** off" brigade are strangely silent about this one , how odd.:confused:
  • jimmyworzeljimmyworzel Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no surprise a member of the edl
  • estrella★estrella★ Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mosque story is based on nothing more than local gossip. I believe that the land was sold for a fiver...

I think it might actually have been £1...

<Puzzler spontaneously combusts with rage> :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if it were a church and two muslims accused of trying to murder everyone inside it'd be headline news
  • Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    The Mosque story is based on nothing more than local gossip. I believe that the land was sold for a fiver but it was wasteground and it's all about local regeneration. I have no idea where the threats stuff comes from but I shall have a little looky now.

I said veiled threats, not out and out blatant threats of violence. Things like in one meeting, at Albion Sq. IIRC, it was made public knowledge that if planning permission was refused, then the 'community leaders' couldn't be held responsible for any violence perpetrated by upset youths.
    I think it might actually have been £1...

That's the story that went around for a few weeks after planning permission was given, but a friend of mine who works in community relations for the Council says it was a fiver.
  • WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And they dont pay any council tax either.Make them pay thousands in rates and stop subsiding them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »
    I said veiled threats, not out and out blatant threats of violence. Things like in one meeting, at Albion Sq. IIRC, it was made public knowledge that if planning permission was refused, then the 'community leaders' couldn't be held responsible for any violence perpetrated by upset youths.

I don't recall ever reading that, then again I tend never to read any nonsense put about by the BNP faction, of which there is more than a smattering in the potteries.

Do you have a non BNP/EDL link to that claim?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WhiteFang wrote: »
    And they dont pay any council tax either.Make them pay thousands in rates and stop subsiding them.

No religious buildings pay, is it just Mosques that you object to?
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    Reiver97 wrote: »
    ... but barely a a mention in the media. Why is that I wonder?
    There has been blanket coverage of it in the local news for the past year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has the price they paid for the land got to do with the awful behaviour of the soldier anyway?
  • estrella&#9733;estrella&#9733; Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    Good . And I do agree with the OP if it had been something negative about Muslims . You wouldnt be able to move with the outrage . However where is the outrage about this on Facebook etc . The "If you dont respect our flag **** off" brigade are strangely silent about this one , how odd.:confused:

Yes they are. The EDL and their ilk have been talking up the threat of Muslim terrorism for years. Yet in the light of this and the Breivik massacre, it appears there's actually more threat from the extreme right - including members of the armed forces paid to protect British citizens from terrorism.

No wonder it's all gone very quiet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has the price they paid for the land got to do with the awful behaviour of the soldier anyway?

you cant reason with racists
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Surely the most significant part of this story is that a bunch of violent neo-nazis were attempting to blow up a mosque killing god knows how many innocent people in the process?

I don't care how many mosques there are in Britain in the same way I don't care how many churches or synagogues or temples or supermarkets there are. If they built another msoque in town, it wouldn't bother me at all and I certainly wouldn't feel "Islamified" because of it. Live and let live. It's just a building. You don't have to use it.

They weren't attempting to blow up a mosque with people inside.

From the link it says the building was still under construction and it occured in the early hours of the morning.

And I would suppose that's why they got 10 years opposed to 25 or more.
    Arson not murder?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

From the link it says the building was still under construction and it occured in the early hours of the morning.

Arson not murder?

They also told a pack of lies, which is probably why they got the 10 year tariff.
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They also told a pack of lies, which is probably why they got the 10 year tariff.

I'd say 10 years was fair for the arson attack on it's own.

Terrible thing to do. arson endangers people.
    Forum Member

Especially when the Mosque backs onto the rear yard of a residential care home for elderly patients suffering with dementia. If these two idiots had succeeded and set it ablaze, then it quite easily could've jumped to the adjacent row of houses.

Then again, the Fire Brigade would have to be pretty incompetent when you consider that the main Fire Station is literally a 30s walk down the road. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I absolutely agree but I feel that sadly the length of sentence may have been lesser had they not have been incapable of telling the truth and admitted their guilt.
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a horrific story that could have turned out terribly. If it had been a Muslim burning a church the rabid element within FM would have had a field day ranting and raving about Muslims and Immigration etc.

Instead we have the laughable display of totally ignoring the OP and going off topic by posters like Puzzler and White Fang by ranting about immigration and Muslims - quite abjectly doing little to clearly and concisely condemn these miscreants. The shoe is now on the other foot lads - how does it feel?

This story is proof that there is a scum element within the EDL and the BNP. Maybe. Of all of them but they are there. And nobody can deny it now. The EDL and the BNP are as great a threat to this country as Islamic terrorists. And now we all know it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »
    Especially when the Mosque backs onto the rear yard of a residential care home for elderly patients suffering with dementia. If these two idiots had succeeded and set it ablaze, then it quite easily could've jumped to the adjacent row of houses.

Then again, the Fire Brigade would have to be pretty incompetent when you consider that the main Fire Station is literally a 30s walk down the road. :p

Any update on that link I asked for? Half the thread seems to hinge on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Arson not murder?

That isn't the point. It's a symbolic act to do such a thing.

We should all be condemning this scum and moving on. But it's sad to see not all posters can do that. Thats hypocritical of those FMs who rant and race about Muslims not doing enough to distance themselves from terrorism - wouldn't you agree SS?
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say the level of news coverage on this case was probably about right. Horrific factional attacks on mosques are regular events elsewhere - often with the most appalling body counts and carnage but little coverage. This was a failed attempt by a couple of oddballs and failed attempts rarely make the big time and prime spots.
    Forum Member
    Any update on that link I asked for? Half the thread seems to hinge on it.

I've had a dig around, but I'm buggered if I can find a link. It seems that the Sentinel's website doesn't go back that far. I could probably pop into see a mate on Monday and ask if a transcript of the meeting's minutes is available, depending on if he still works there of course.
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    This is a horrific story that could have turned out terribly. If it had been a Muslim burning a church the rabid element within FM would have had a field day ranting and raving about Muslims and Immigration etc.

Instead we have the laughable display of totally ignoring the OP and going off topic by posters like Puzzler and White Fang by ranting about immigration and Muslims - quite abjectly doing little to clearly and concisely condemn these miscreants. The shoe is now on the other foot lads - how does it feel?

This story is proof that there is a scum element within the EDL and the BNP. Maybe. Of all of them but they are there. And nobody can deny it now. The EDL and the BNP are as great a threat to this country as Islamic terrorists. And now we all know it.

Totally ignoring the OP? Doing little to clearly and conciesly
    condemn the miscreants? Not me chap.
    Me wrote:
    You claim there's barely been a peep from the media, yet the DM have covered this story not once but twice. Yes, the DM, that paper which gets vilified on here for being supposedly anti muslim.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...te-attack.html
    I'm glad this POS has been given a proper sentence.
    Me wrote:
    Erm, it's also been in the DAILY MAIL twice - you know, that paper which some on here would have people believe is the root of all evil.

I'm one of the most vocal FM's here when it comes to militant islam, and I condemn this pair of vile terrorists just as harshly. Scum like them don't deserve to live among decent people, their actions were evil, nothing gives them the right to target innocent muslims and I hope they do the full 10 years. No excuses, I'm no apologist.
    That said, I did jump to conclusions a bit, as it happens they were intending to cause destruction to property and not murder. Having read the comments they posted on FB though, they ARE evil. :( Pair of mindless ********s who can't differentiate between violent and peaceful muslims.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally ignoring the OP? Doing little to clearly and conciesly
    condemn the miscreants? Not me chap.

That said, I did jump to conclusions a bit, as it happens they were intending to cause destruction to property and not murder. That doesn't make them evil, but I DO still think they deserve the 10 year sentence.

Oh I saw it.

I'm merely posting like anti-immigration and multi ethnicity-intolerant posters do, to prove a point. They ignore fact and ignore details and select only bits that allow them to continue to rant and rave against immigrants EVEN IN A THREAD about a disgusting racially motivated outburst against ethnic minorities.

Hypocrisy is the word of the money.

And to continue that point, nothing you post will be enough to condemn their actions.