Fmr Deputy Leader of Tory Party: England "would bomb independent Scotlands airports"

2»

Comments

• Auld SnodyAuld Snody Posts: 15,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »
    Why am I not surprised? And why am I not surprised by your lack of comment about Donaldson and some of his buddies?

Who is Donaldson, a link please. Not surprising about not commenting on something that wasn't asked,about someone I know nothing about.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Auld Snody wrote: »
    Who is Donaldson, a link please. Not surprising about not commenting on something that wasn't asked,about someone I know nothing about.

Auld_Snody, I assume allaorta is referring to this former SNP leader:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Donaldson

Although quite what the wartime activities of one historical figure have to do with the constitutional future of Scotland I don't know.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Auld Snody wrote: »

How many times have you referred to people as lacking in knowledge of Scottish history? I just put Donaldson SNP into Google....try it.

And to answer the point made by you and twit twoo, I was making the point that perhaps his lordship had the traitorous SNP in mind, sort of history repeating itself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And to answer the point made by you and twit twoo, I was making the point that perhaps his lordship had the traitorous SNP in mind, sort of history repeating itself.

Why would that be so? Do you have a point? Is your implication that 'His Lordship' is as caught in the timewarp of one historical figure's wartime activities as you are? :rolleyes: Do you see many Nationalists living in the past and claiming that, in the event of independence, 'history would sort of repeat itself' and English forces would start daring border raids?

It's also interesting that you are so short-sighted that you equate the future of an independent Scotland with the SNP (whom you write off as 'traitorous' because of your distaste for the 70 year old activities of a party member). Have you not stopped to think that, in the event of independence, the SNP may cease to exist in its present form and the political landscape of Scotland may fluctuate as much (or more, hopefully) than the two-party mire of the Union?

Also, my user name is 'woot_whoo', not 'twit_twoo'. Were you trying to be playground funny? If so, come on - even Sarah Millican could do better than that.
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »

.....and Norway succumbed to German occupation in WW2.

You're living in the past. Quit living in the past it makes you look desperately stupid. :o

Anyway I'd quite happily let the Germans run our country. They couldn't make a worse job than the shower of s***e that alternates in power at Westminster. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil 2804 wrote: »

You're living in the past. Quit living in the past it makes you look desperately stupid. :o

Anyway I'd quite happily let the Germans run our country. They couldn't make a worse job than the shower of s***e that alternates in power at Westminster. :D

On a similar note, it's amusing how often Unionists seem to tell us that we'd merely be swapping Westminster rule for Brussels rule - completely neglecting the utterly different remits and jurisdictions concerning what Westminster can (and does) control and what Brussels could control in an independent Scotland (eg. considerably less).
  • mRebelmRebel Posts: 24,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reiver97 wrote: »
    Yep, thats the really clever way to get us to stay in the Union. Barely veiled threats of state terrorism.

Who Alex Salmond gave a job to last year, looking after politicians standards in Scotland. You couldn't make it up!

http://scottishlaw.blogspot.com/2011/08/alex-salmond-appoints-ex-lord-advocates.html
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Lord Fraser of Carmyllie is a Scot isn't he who represented a Scottish seat as an MP in the 1980s?. So why would he be threatening to bomb his own country?

He is making a purely technical legalistic point based on the fact that Scotland would be an independent nation. So nothing to get that excited about - as I don't think anyone has Scottish invasion plans at the moment (except possibly One Direction when they start their forthcoming tour?).

Im not sure where he was born? But most Scottish Tories (a rare breed) are really just English in disguise :D
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Why would that be so? Do you have a point? Is your implication that 'His Lordship' is as caught in the timewarp of one historical figure's wartime activities as you are? :rolleyes: Do you see many Nationalists living in the past and claiming that, in the event of independence, 'history would sort of repeat itself' and English forces would start daring border raids?

It's also interesting that you are so short-sighted that you equate the future of an independent Scotland with the SNP (whom you write off as 'traitorous' because of your distaste for the 70 year old activities of a party member). Have you not stopped to think that, in the event of independence, the SNP may cease to exist in its present form and the political landscape of Scotland may fluctuate as much (or more, hopefully) than the two-party mire of the Union?

Also, my user name is 'woot_whoo', not 'twit_twoo'. Were you trying to be playground funny? If so, come on - even Sarah Millican could do better than that.

Try getting your humour bypass reversed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try getting your humour bypass reversed.

Actually, I have a pretty decent sense of humour. It just matured above the word 'twit' when I was seven. I realise not everyone's develops though. Might I suggest you turn off CBBC's finest and start watching some comedy of a slightly more sophisticated vintage? ;)

Honestly, what next - are you going to call me 'fartface' or blow a raspberry whilst wagglng your fingers behind your ears? :p "Humour", indeed... ;) Either save the comedy stylings of the Chuckle Brothers for the playground or try a bit harder, yes?