Fake Tan For Men?

OrigCoolKidOrigCoolKid Posts: 219
Forum Member
Are you a man who uses fake tan? Would you want to?

Would you want your husband/brother/boyfriend to use fake tan?

I want to know your opinions!

My blog post is here: http://manstyleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/fake-bake.html

(Please note I may use your opinions in my post)

Thanks. x

Comments

• x k a y xx k a y x Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    If my boyfriend slapped on fake tan, I'd dump him in a heartbeat. I don't even like it on women, it looks horrid and tacky. And makes them look like sl@ppers.

So no. Hate the idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the look of fake tan.

What's wrong with having white skin anyway?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Orange is not a skin tone.
  • OrigCoolKidOrigCoolKid Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    This is a gradual tanner that work with the skin and the sun to produce a natural looking glow. Doesn't completely turn your skin orange like some fake tans.

Still not liking the idea?
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Nah I don't think my OH would suit it. I don't personally like the look of fake tan, it just looks unnatural, we too me anyway! I wouldn't ever use it myself, if they felt a bit pale and pasty I would prefer them to go for that holiday skin moisturising lotion instead it's a hint of colour, hehe would not look like they had been varnished!
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Would you want your husband/brother/boyfriend to use fake tan?

i can think of very few things less appealing in a man and i certainly couldn`t be doing with the sniggers.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I want a tan, i'll sit in the sun. Nothing else.
  • jbiggsjbiggs Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's no no
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never tried it, but have nothing against the idea in theory. Safer than using sunbeds anyway. Most of the brands I have come across have a funny smell to them though.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pale and proud. :D
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Use fake suntan? And turn out like David Dickinson? No chance. I'll stay white thanks very much!
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a fan of the tan.
  • Delta TangoDelta Tango Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. I recently used it to go away for the weekend and ended up looking like an orange.

I nearly throttled some lady in Tesco when she slagged me off to her husband.

Next time I will buy the more expensive stuff instead of buying budget tan from Savers for a squid.
  • warmleatherettewarmleatherette Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what would be worse, use of mild fake tan or white legs with shorts, I always have a chuckle at the first sign of sun when the white leg brigade come out and wouldn't dare show my lily whites to the public because it would scare the children, I bought some last year but never used it because it never got hot enough to brave shorts, doesn't look like it will matter this year either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh no. We came back from Spain recentley and my OH is so brown. He looks really odd :D I can't wait for him to get back to his usual pasty self!