U.S. population outnumbered by internet-connected devices

tohapplytohapply Posts: 30
Forum Member
In a survey of 4,000 US consumers 18 and older in the last quarter of 2012. Internet-connected devices being counted in the survey were desktops and laptops with broadband devices, smartphones, tablets, video game consoles, HDTVs directly connected, Blu-ray players and boxes for streaming media — like a Roku. The report says that U.S. homes boast 425 million internet-connected devices compared to a population of 315 million. The breakdown of the devices are:
Desktops & laptops – 183.8 million
Smartphones – 133 million
Video game consoles – 39 million
Tablets – 31.8 million
HDTVs directly connected – 16 million
Blu-ray players – 12.9 million
Streaming media set top boxes – 8.5 million

Comments

• bob187bob187 Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only a matter of time before all these devices team up and realise we are the true threat....
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tohapply wrote: »
    In a survey of 4,000 US consumers 18 and older in the last quarter of 2012. Internet-connected devices being counted in the survey were desktops and laptops with broadband devices, smartphones, tablets, video game consoles, HDTVs directly connected, Blu-ray players and boxes for streaming media — like a Roku. The report says that U.S. homes boast 425 million internet-connected devices compared to a population of 315 million. The breakdown of the devices are:
    Desktops & laptops – 183.8 million
    Smartphones – 133 million
    Video game consoles – 39 million
    Tablets – 31.8 million
    HDTVs directly connected – 16 million
    Blu-ray players – 12.9 million
    Streaming media set top boxes – 8.5 million

It would be the same here and other countries too I would imagine. Many of us have several devices connected to the internet. Off the top of my head in this household I can think of twelve.
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    It would be the same here and other countries too I would imagine. Many of us have several devices connected to the internet. Off the top of my head in this household I can think of twelve.

Ditto here.:)

Just another load of BS that survey's are good at churning up.
  • tohapplytohapply Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    bob187 wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time before all these devices team up and realise we are the true threat....

We are connected with others more closely than ever.
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »

wow, it is just the matter of time.
    Forum Member
    SkipTracer wrote: »
    Ditto here.:)

Just another load of BS that survey's are good at churning up.

:) I cannot imagine if someday the internet is shut down.