Options

who remembers Jane Boulton, Katrina Leeder and Leo from Airline?

Comments

• Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airine is still being shown on TV - saw one the other morning - either Pick or Dave.
  • Options
    AnnaFordFanAnnaFordFan Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I remember Leo and his total lack of empathy for the passengers

I still see the repeats the odd time and think that Leo and his southern colleagues generally come across quite well. The Liverpool gang are absolute horrors however. Talk about service with a scowl. They seem to go out of their way to be as obnoxious and unfeeling towards passengers as they possibly can. There was one particular Scouse girl who was on quite regularly who had a 'council estate facelift' type hairstyle and always looked like she was chewing a wasp. Her monotone 'can't be bothered' accent, demeanour and general 'I want to spit in your face' attitude was unbelievable for somebody on a customer service desk. I think the Computer Says No Woman must have been partly based on her. She was an absolute shocker.
  • Options
    Par6Par6 Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    I still see the repeats the odd time and think that Leo and his southern colleagues generally come across quite well. The Liverpool gang are absolute horrors however. Talk about service with a scowl. They seem to go out of their way to be as obnoxious and unfeeling towards passengers as they possibly can. There was one particular Scouse girl who was on quite regularly who had a 'council estate facelift' type hairstyle and always looked like she was chewing a wasp. Her monotone 'can't be bothered' accent, demeanour and general 'I want to spit in your face' attitude was unbelievable for somebody on a customer service desk. I think the Computer Says No Woman must have been partly based on her. She was an absolute shocker.

Basically she was just a typical scouser, they think they're gods gift to the world and that everybody owes them something. The women in particular thrive on confrontation.
  • Options
    DiegoJusticiaDiegoJusticia Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree. I thought Leo was lacking in sympathy and far too engrossed in the cameras to be at all good at his job.

If you turned his many, many, many glances towards the camera lens while talking to customers into a drinking game, you'd be a raging alcoholic within minutes...
  • Options
    Cat SimonCat Simon Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it was on Airport, rather than Airline, that I'm sure David Walliams based his Moses(?) character on in Little Britain.
    I think it was British Airways that had a personal steward for the rich and famous, and this man in particular went a bit gooey over someone like James Cracknall. He wanted to personally upgrade the celebrity to first class, but then the celebrity offered his seat to his assistant who had worked really hard for him, completely putting the steward's nose out of joint!:D
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Par6 wrote: »
    Basically she was just a typical scouser, they think they're gods gift to the world and that everybody owes them something. The women in particular thrive on confrontation.

That Easyjet girl in Liverpool...Leanne Chung? worst customer service face, voice and attitude ever. She came across very poorly on the show. If I had to deal with that voice honking over the top of mine I'd very likely have wound up knocking her to the floor >:(.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    I have seen Leo in Hemel Hempstead.

Where was he? Somewhere really masculine and definitely not gay, no definitely not gay.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Really? Nearly every single person they showed was some deluded fool who thought they could get on a plane 5 minutes before departure or couldn't understand why heavy fog had caused their plane to be cancelled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Easyjet girl in Liverpool...Leanne Chung? worst customer service...

From LinkedIn;

Leanne Cheung
    Ground Operations Manager at easyJet

:D
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member

I hope you wouldn't be referring to us all on that?
  • Options
    Par6Par6 Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    I hope you wouldn't be referring to us all on that?
    Yes, every single one and your just proofing my point. They love, thrive and relish confrontation.
    IMHO of course.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    Yes, every single one and your just proofing my point. They love, thrive and relish confrontation.
    IMHO of course.

You couldn't be more wrong but ok :)
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where was he? Somewhere really masculine and definitely not gay, no definitely not gay.

Outside Debenhams, and another time near Cafe Nero.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wonder what happened to them all...?
    I remember them and recently watched quite a few of their episodes that were being shown on Sky 1 at 5am :D
    Oml wrote: »
    I'm sure there was a thread about them not so long ago! When they started showing the airline repeats again.

But yes, I do remember them
    There was, for Katrina anyway.
    thought Jane left Easyjet on one of the episodes years back...
    She did. She went to Air Lingus.
    I remember Katrina, is there any updated news about her?
    Last I heard she'd beaten cancer for the 4th time (I think) and her twins were 10 years old and very gorgeous.
    I have to disagree.
    Keller wrote: »
    Always liked Jane, I thought she ended up with Aer Lingus for a short time or maybe that was someone from Airport on BBC1.

I'd like to see a new series, maybe at Gatwick which is now their biggest base and Southend which is one of their newest and smallest.
    No you're right, she did. She must have returned to Airline :p
    Lenitive wrote: »
    I absolutely loved Airline -- Tony Robinson's dry commentary, Leo's gelled hair, the screaming passengers, and always some random occurrence like comodo dragons being found in a safety deposit box... It made airports look like the most fun place in the world.

Just saw there are some eps up on YouTube, yay!
    I loved it too.
    I still remember Katrina's wedding!
    Me too and that she was released from hospital before the wedding because she'd caught an infection and had a horrific temp I think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IMHO of course.

If you're going to troll mate, you need to be slightly more subtle.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Outside Debenhams, and another time near Cafe Nero.

Surrounded by women presumably. Because he definitely WASNT GAY.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Well
    Jane still works at Easyjet and is married with 3 children
    Leo is still at luton airport with easyjet
    and katrina is a presenter and model (ish although she hasnt done modelling for a while)
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Well
    and katrina is a presenter and model (ish although she hasnt done modelling for a while)

Jane and Leo are still working there :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »

Airline star Katrina: "I've beaten cancer for the 4th time"
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/airline-star-katrina-ive-beaten-323437#ixzz2sOnTbgnx

She's had cancer FOUR times? The poor lady, my heart goes out to her. Why do some people have to suffer so much? It can be a cruel, twisted world sometimes. I used to watch Airline and she was my favourite. A really inspirational lady.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Easyjet girl in Liverpool...Leanne Chung? worst customer service face, voice and attitude ever. She came across very poorly on the show. If I had to deal with that voice honking over the top of mine I'd very likely have wound up knocking her to the floor >:(.

I remember her very clearly simply because she was so awful. She probably thought that she was so 'good' but she was a dreadful smart-arse.
    Wonder where she is now............and I'm almost certain it isn't in a high profile customer services post.
  • Options
    AnnaFordFanAnnaFordFan Posts: 99
    Forum Member

There was another girl in Liverpool with scraped back hair and a constant scowl who actually was worse than Ms Chung. Can't remember her name but she had one serious attitude problem. I always thought that half of Liverpool was on the dole so if these were the cream of the crop you have to wonder what the hell the rest of them must have been like.

I've seen episodes of AIrline USA and the difference in attitude between the Easyjet mob and their American counterparts is really striking. They go out of their way to be pleasant and accommodating and have a real 'can do' attitude. God love any foreigners whose first experience of the UK was with Easyjet customer service in Liverpool.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well

At first glance, I got those two names mixed up and thought "Leo's married with children?1 No way!".
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Katrina one year at The Clothes Show live. I felt a bit of a fool because I said she looked familiar and did I know her from somewhere ( not thinking tv) but she mentioned Airline and I realised then. She was lovely and even prettier than on TV. She has been through more than any one person should and I wish her well for the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder where she is now............and I'm almost certain it isn't in a high profile customer services post.

See post #35 ;)
  • Options
    bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching airline now on pick and I did think, whatever happened to Leo? Surely he must have eventually given up with the facade that he liked girls, but looking at his twitter suggests not. He looks good though.