Musings on a Saturday evening

Comments

• IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I

Applaud your spirit.
    Agree about the blonde marshmallow.
    Have had to apologise several times about the slubberdegullion diatribe.

"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man" ~ Jebediah Springfield.
    (I am taking 'man' in the Greek sense of anthropos/ou rather than ander/dros and thereby include myself.)

I've just eaten a mallow snowman from Gr*ggs bakery ~ it tasted like Ali looks.

Do not EVER apologize for the slubberdegullionia - it was a joy! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant Iphi :D - it's safe to say that your Greek is better than Ali's Latin and I've decided that slubberdegullionia is now my favourite word.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    And I've decided that Idiotgirle is my favourite username. Hello Idiotgirle.

It would have done if you'd voted for Ali - but I salute your wit and good humour - if not your IQ ;)

Damn, did my mask of impartiality slip? I was hoping no one would notice.

I described his first dance as a 'killer waltz' and his AT as 'brilliant' and I agreed with both of his high scores. I may have exaggerated some of his flaws but only for comic effect and I would never suggest that he doesn't deserve to be in the final (clearly, he does), nor that either he or Chris are to blame for Ali not making it. It's nobody's 'fault', it's just way the cookie crumbles.

...and a very sticky one, too. And then I'd have to sit next to Chris on the sofa and I think Mrs JfW fancies him more than she fancies me. Nope, that's never gonna work DC, you just haven't thought it through.

I

Applaud your spirit.

Oh, Dancing Girl, where do I start?

You can't vote for Chris because of his size! I've spent all week explaining to Hammy that scale is not a good enough reason to pick up the phone and you've just undermined my whole argument - I'll never persuade him now - he's got that 'See? I told you so!' look on his face.

Ali, dull? No personality? She's got blonde hair, a pretty face, nice boobs, gorgeous legs and she looked deadly in a short, sparkly frock. If that's not personality I don't know what is.

As for cringemaking latin - I refer you to my above comment.

Chris to win? You could be right.

Sorry tawny, but they are the rantings of someone (a fictional character, based loosely on myself) who takes the programme a little too seriously. The idea is that you laugh at 'me' for my idiotic over-reaction rather than at the Chris supporters for not seeing the error of their ways. It's not their fault; they are hapless, misguided souls. We should pity them and offer them biscuits.

I think this last paragraph made me laugh even more than this week's musings! :D John, you're definately my favourite - just don't tell Will, Sid or Mrs JfW... :o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,332
    Forum Member
    And I've decided that Idiotgirle is my favourite username. Hello Idiotgirle.

It would have done if you'd voted for Ali - but I salute your wit and good humour - if not your IQ ;)

Damn, did my mask of impartiality slip? I was hoping no one would notice.

I described his first dance as a 'killer waltz' and his AT as 'brilliant' and I agreed with both of his high scores. I may have exaggerated some of his flaws but only for comic effect and I would never suggest that he doesn't deserve to be in the final (clearly, he does), nor that either he or Chris are to blame for Ali not making it. It's nobody's 'fault', it's just way the cookie crumbles.

...and a very sticky one, too. And then I'd have to sit next to Chris on the sofa and I think Mrs JfW fancies him more than she fancies me. Nope, that's never gonna work DC, you just haven't thought it through.

I

Applaud your spirit.

Oh, Dancing Girl, where do I start?

You can't vote for Chris because of his size! I've spent all week explaining to Hammy that scale is not a good enough reason to pick up the phone and you've just undermined my whole argument - I'll never persuade him now - he's got that 'See? I told you so!' look on his face.

Ali, dull? No personality? She's got blonde hair, a pretty face, nice boobs, gorgeous legs and she looked deadly in a short, sparkly frock. If that's not personality I don't know what is.

As for cringemaking latin - I refer you to my above comment.

Chris to win? You could be right.

Sorry tawny, but they are the rantings of someone (a fictional character, based loosely on myself) who takes the programme a little too seriously. The idea is that you laugh at 'me' for my idiotic over-reaction rather than at the Chris supporters for not seeing the error of their ways. It's not their fault; they are hapless, misguided souls. We should pity them and offer them biscuits.

So long as they are not the red wrapper penguins though ;)
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant Iphi :D - it's safe to say that your Greek is better than Ali's Latin and I've decided that slubberdegullionia is now my favourite word.

If a member of hoi mere polloi could suggest, I was thinking that matters slubberdegullion could be grouped under slubberdegullioniana :rolleyes:

The meaning is self-explanatory and the extra syllable gives it lovely rhythm - it ought to be the title of something :confused:

parthena
  • LancslassLancslass Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    [I]I described his first dance as a 'killer waltz' and his AT as 'brilliant' and I agreed with both of his high scores. I may have exaggerated some of his flaws but only for comic effect and I would never suggest that he doesn't deserve to be in the final (clearly, he does), nor that either he or Chris are to blame for Ali not making it. It's nobody's 'fault', it's just way the cookie crumbles.[/I]

I stand corrected (and humbled) JFW

When I read it through again, I realised I had maligned you in my post.

I plead slight dementia, Ricky fervour and a severe case of jumping in with both feet syndrome.
    Love x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lancslass wrote: »
    ...I plead slight dementia...
    Love x

Dementia; I think that's what I've got.

No worries Lancslass, luckily this isn't a 'falling out' kind of thread.

JfW xx
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heyjude wrote: »
    So long as they are not the red wrapper penguins though ;)

They should be locked up and saved for the Final Party! Have you picked out a frock yet?:p:p:p
    Forum Member
    my fingers, like the rest of me, are suffering from food poisioning and accidentally hit a quote button.

tech question: Is the 'Edit' function on a timer?
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Yes, 15 minutes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    suffering from food poisioning
    I wonder if there's a bug going around (when isn't there? I know :rolleyes:) cos "me too" :( I've been blaming my brother's unhygienic cooking methods :p

I'm trusting it will clear up in time for the organic sirloin and pink fir apple potatoes I've just ordered for Christmas dinner :D

Hugs to Iphy:)

parthena
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for your wonderful musings, John. I was feeling a bit down and they soon had me laughing and smiling again, so they were even more appreciated than usual this week :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [Hugs] to Iphy, parthena and memmh.:)
    Forum Member
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    my fingers, like the rest of me, are suffering from food poisioning and accidentally hit a quote button.

tech question: Is the 'Edit' function on a timer?

I timed it once, it was 35 minutes:o
    They should be locked up and saved for the Final Party! Have you picked out a frock yet?:p:p:p

Frock! how about best jeans and sweater :p
    I have however picked out the wine:D
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the hugs!
    I like this cuddly thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heyjude wrote: »
    I timed it once, it was 35 minutes:o

Frock! how about best jeans and sweater :p
    I have however picked out the wine:D

:eek: You know formal or cocktail wear is required!:p

I will be wearing this dress and this wig as I fancy looking like Catherine Zeta Jones for the final!

Shake a leg guys and girls and get choosing your costume for the party on Saturday night!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clicked here accidentally but must say BuddyB that is a gorgeous dress.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've set the standard, BuddyBon - you've had me turfing out my wardrobes all night but it's all frump :o I feel a shopping spree coming on :D

parthena
    Forum Member
    :eek: You know formal or cocktail wear is required!:p

I will be wearing this dress and this wig as I fancy looking like Catherine Zeta Jones for the final!

Shake a leg guys and girls and get choosing your costume for the party on Saturday night!:D

Buddy you have put me to shame:o

Well as Purple is the new black, I've gone for this dress, with obligatory high black shoes and stockings :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a gorgeous dress Jude!:D

Nobody believes I actually own 'my' dress, let alone could fit in it do they?:eek:

Remember this is virtual party and the world of fantasy fashion is your oyster!:p:p:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To bling or not to bling, that is the question?

EDIT: It's the Strictly final! Definitely to bling. Matching shoesies. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »

Oh that's a hard choice memmh! :eek: They are both gorgeous!:D

I think I would bling!:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »

I see this thread is still the focal point for in-depth analysis and discussion of the finer points of all things 'Strictly'.

Bling by the way. Definitely Bling.
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see this thread is still the focal point for in-depth analysis and discussion of the finer points of all things 'Strictly'.

Bling by the way. Definitely Bling.

Maybe BuddyB should start an "Official Party" thread...

(I prefer the non bling dress BTW)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    Maybe BuddyB should start an "Official Party" thread...

(I prefer the non bling dress BTW)
    Normally I'd agree with you but bling is a bit of a prerequisite for Strictly! :p:D