The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I finally recieved my deluxe edition in the post yesterday from amazon. I really like all the pics in the booklet. The booklet is much better than the one in the original overcome.

I had a sneaky peak at the design of it at work (I'm not allowed to buy the album with it being the christmas season and all that haha), and it's really really nice. SO much better done than the original. Love it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    B-I-N-G-O! :) Thats her highest recorded note afaik. She sounds very strained when hitting it though. Her belts and lower register are much better...

Ooh, so how much is her range overall then?
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Postbox wrote: »
    Ooh, so how much is her range overall then?

E3 - C#6...so nearly 3 octaves. :)
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so nervous.... I want Matt to win as much as I wanted alex to win! Off to vote again!;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    E3 - C#6...so nearly 3 octaves. :)

That's good, though I'm sure she can go lower. Also, in her performance of The Silence last weekend she held her longest note:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    I'm so nervous.... I want Matt to win as much as I wanted alex to win! Off to vote again!;)

He is pretty amazing! And i love Biffy so win win! Not as emotional as Alexandra's win, i was on the edge of my seat for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Silence

Airplay- #36
    TV- #38

Official charts
    The Silence- #16
    Overcome Deluxe- #22
    SWY- #84
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sales

16. The Silence - Alexandra Burke 17,993

22. Overcome Deluxe - Alexandra Burke 32,854 Total (708,792)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, and I know it doesn't *really* count, but didn't she hit a D6 exclamation after her first X Factor audition in 2005? Perhaps she can't hit it anymore, and it was an exclamation, but it showed the potential to go higher at least. I'm pretty sure she can hit a D3 too - Leona can, and I know just because Alex "sounds lower" doesn't necessarily mean she can go lower, but I still think she can! :p I'd say she's got a 3 octave voice.

As for the sales...do we think there's any chance of them increasing in terms of peak? :( The Silence so deserves to be her fourth #1 following JLS...I know she had poor promotion, but I would've thought the X Factor performance would clinch it, since she always delivers...maybe the label were being complacent too? :/

Also any news about her new boyfriend? :o
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Midweeks

The silence #29
    Overcome Deluxe #31
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    alex performing on alan titchmarsh or however you spell it tonight at 5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Cassie for the midweeks chart placements, hopefully they'll both climb a bit.

Shoed I watched it. what a voice! To anyone who didn't see it, Alexandra sang The Silence on Alan Titchmarsh's show today. Unlike X Factor, there was no distracting staging, she just stood and sang and it took my breath away!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is pretty amazing! And i love Biffy so win win! Not as emotional as Alexandra's win, i was on the edge of my seat for that.

I was sick with nerves when Dermot said "the winner is...." ALEXANDRA! I screamed the house down.:o
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    She looked amazing on Alan Titchmarsh :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope there's a vid soon, I was at work and missed it :(
    Forum Member
    Aww I has to miss Titchmarsh :( Had her voice recovered since X Factor? Taz's comments sound encouraging...:)

Thankfully it seems to have pushed TS back up to 22 on iTunes though :) Hopefully it can get higher if she has more promo planned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    I was sick with nerves when Dermot said "the winner is...." ALEXANDRA! I screamed the house down.:o

Haha!! Yes was a very emotional moment :)

PS...lots of people saying how amazing the Matt and Aiden moment was when he was singing his winners song and it reminded me of the (far superior lol) Ruth, Alexandra moment...ohh it was a good year, shame it has gone down hill since.
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4nUCWWxjYQ <-- Alexandra's taking part in a Dogs Trust campaign. It's cute and she looks nice here :)

Any videos of her appearance on Titchmarsh yet...? :p

Also the Matt/Aiden moment had nothing on the Alex/Ruth one - I do like Matt, but at least Alexandra actually sang and stayed in tune, heh. :p
    Forum Member
    The show is up on ITV player :)

I think she sounded good, but you could tell that she wasn't feeling well ...she's been complaining about it on twitter for a couple of days now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't tell she wasn't well at all.

Some Sales
    Hallelujah- 1.200,000
    Bad Boys- 700,000
    Broken Heels- 290,000
    All Night Long- 260,000
    Start Without You- 230,000
    The Silence- 20,000
    Overcome- 710,000
    TOTAL- 3,410,000. I read she has passed 4 million downloads so 590,000 sales internationally??

Midweeks Wednesday
    The Silence- #29
    Overcome Deluxe- #31

I'd imagine Overcome might sell another 30,000 or so this week??
    Forum Member
    ^ Her belts weren't as strong as they normally are to my ears. And she sounded conjested during the interview.

Alan Titchmarsh performance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV2-t--CRlE

And the singles/album sales from Ireland probably account for the rest i reckon.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »
    ^ Her belts weren't as strong as they normally are to my ears. And she sounded conjested during the interview.

Alan Titchmarsh performance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV2-t--CRlE

And the singles/album sales from Ireland probably account for the rest i reckon.

She looked and sounded great on Alan Titchmarsh. I wish she had had that look on the X-factor. But oh well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looked and sounded great on Alan Titchmarsh. I wish she had had that look on the X-factor. But oh well.

Her hair looked better on that performance, and she sounded lovely too. I think sometime's the XFactor has terrible mixing, a LOT of reverb too - probably to knock out the mistakes of the contestants lol. :p

And is Alex sharing Leona's stylist haha? Vivienne Westwood seems to be making her way round Syco! :D I'm grateful for that though, I love her dresses and they really suit both my girls! The one she's wearing for this performance is beeeeautiful <3 It's quite festive too!
    I'd like to see her in more VW and those classic 'bunny ears' <3

Speaking of looking gorgeous - I watched the DS ad with Alex in the other day and she was looking SMOKIN :eek: her looks just keep getting better! I can't wait to see how her 'style' is for the 2nd album! :D
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys :) Yeah, I think it was obvious she was ill, but god does she hide it well! She didn't lower the key again, so just as high as X Factor, and her last "talking"s on the choruses sounded reallllllly impressive. What I don't get is that she's like...what - a year older than me - but her voice sounds so professional and experienced. I love her tone so much. I wish she had a performance in this key though where she really commands the belts...hope she gets better soon. (I think everyone has a sore throat lately)!

And gelbma, re the X Factor and the reverb - I totally know what you mean! Did you realise how bad it was on the finals? It was like, right, it's the finals, so time for extra effects and the SUPER ECHO! As if it suddenly makes your voice super epic and so much better. (Okay, in a way it does sound cooler, but they overdid it so much I couldn't even make out the words half the time, especially with Matt)!

I initally thought her styling, hair wise, on the X Factor was horrid because the hairline was so far back it gave her a large forehead...but actually watching it over and over has made me really like it, haha! (I totally get that performance now. I'm worried the public probably saw it all as a bit pretentious...they're not going to be the ones watching it over and over to 'get it', so maybe that's why it didn't have such a big impact...you can't take risks like that when your promo is riding on it I don't think. :/ Ah well, Alex herself still did a brilliant job. I digress...)

Her hair looked pretty much the same on Titchmarsh, but did her hairline magically come back further down or something? She did look a lot better.
    Forum Member
    I liked the longer hair on her but this is fine...although it looks way too shiny. I'm hoping for big, bouncy curls for the next era (like she had in the final).

Info on Album #2
    Alex, 22, is plotting her own shocking image change for her next album. She said: “It’s got to be sexy. So I’m going to get a lot fiercer and sexier.

“We’re just getting down and dirty with the next album. I’m going to take a lot more risks and it’s going to be insane.”

Second albums are often make or break for X Factor contestants, but Alex has something special up her sleeve.

She revealed: “I can’t say too much because my management will kill me if I let loose. But I have a special duet planned.

“I have the ideas, the collaborations in my mind, it’s all locked up in my head.”
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/167634/Alexandra-Burke-s-new-sex-appeal/

Confirmed/rumoured collaborators.

* Sean Garrett
    * The Phantom Boyz
    * The Stereotypes
    * Ina Wroldsen
    * Ishi
    * RedOne
    * David Guetta (she introduced him to Flo-Rida over the summer, just an assumption for now)
    * Matt Squire
    * Karen Poole
This discussion has been closed.