The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did a U Stream last night from the studio. I'm at work so can't watch it, but does anyone know if she said anything of interest. Also, is it available to watch online?
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    She's working with Swizz Beatz and gave Drake a mention (i took it as a hint that they'll be working together)

She arranged for a fan to see her on tour in Belfast.

She didn't share anything in regards to the album, although...she asked if they could play something but was told "no"...it was mainly her being hyper and silly, really :D.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »
    She's working with Swizz Beatz and gave Drake a mention (i took it as a hint that they'll be working together)

She arranged for a fan to see her on tour in Belfast.

She didn't share anything in regards to the album, although...she asked if they could play something but was told "no"...it was mainly her being hyper and silly, really :D.

Thanks for this Liya...I was mad for missing the UStream :mad:

A Drake collab would be a DREAM!! And Swizz Beats makes really hard beats, I'm really really excited now...:p
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did a U Stream last night from the studio. I'm at work so can't watch it, but does anyone know if she said anything of interest. Also, is it available to watch online?

Yay, she's re-uped the UStream in case anyone who missed it wants to watch...

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11570506

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swizz Beatz. :eek::eek: I love that song "Check On It" he did for Beyonce a few years back. It was on the Pink Panther soundtrack and was a big hit.

I'm glad she is working with good people once again. I hope the majority or all of the album is done in the USA. The producers/writers out there are far better than ours. Plus she needs that American sound to cross-over.
  • Music_boxMusic_box Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Yay, she's re-uped the UStream in case anyone who missed it wants to watch...

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11570506

:)

I didn't even know she was doing one. :eek:
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overcome #35 in midweeks. I thought it would have climbed.:eek:
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Music_box wrote: »
    I didn't even know she was doing one. :eek:

I think it was pretty spontaneous - it was so funny, I was in stitches the whole way through! I was hoping to get a phone call from her, but some lucky girl in Ireland did and got free tickets to her show! :(:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overcome #35 in midweeks again today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry Christmas. :)
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry Christmas everyone:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys I got Overcome: The Deluxe Edition this morning as a christmas present :)

Can anyone tell me if the included videos are meant to be black and white, or is it an error with my disc/dvd player?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas everyone!

@Tye111: The Silence is done in B&W, the others should be in colour. Try it on different players to work out whether it's your disc or DVD player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overcome down 2 to #33 this week. No sales info yet.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rihanna has sold 820,000 copies of her latest album in six weeks in the UK alone. Wish Alex could one day perform like that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rihanna has sold 820,000 copies of her latest album in six weeks in the UK alone. Wish Alex could one day perform like that!

Amazing! I bought LOUD today actually.

Overcome sold 30,000 last week so is now on 760,000. It should definitely pass 800,000.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Amazing! I bought LOUD today actually.

Overcome sold 30,000 last week so is now on 760,000. It should definitely pass 800,000.

I think the re-release will finish up pn sales of between 100 and 150k. So all in all it hasn't done too badly considering it was barely promoted and on a year old single.
    Forum Member

I think she can better her sales for Overcome (they're good as they are BTW)...if her material is bullet proof.

I hope the 2nd album will be more experimental and not geared towards the Xfactor crowd...in the sense that Overcome represented a mixed bag of genre's and was meant to cater to different audiences. I want her to find a sound with this second record...but i don't have faith in Syco's A&R :(...they got her recording the awful SWY and anything else like that coming about will kill her career (i don't care about how long it spent at #1, it's the stuff no sensible label with long term plans let's one of their artists record).

I'd like something more daring and grown up....but still stay true to her uptempo/pop sensibilities..without the cheese factor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There was an error and LOUD is actually on 763,000.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read in The Sun that So You Think You Can Dance choreographer Sisqo is to choreograph the All Night Long tour.
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Read in The Sun that So You Think You Can Dance choreographer Sisqo is to choreograph the All Night Long tour.

He's danced for her a lot during Bad Boys

He's so bitchy on SYTYCD...love it :D
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Wonder what 2011 will bring for Alex?

Hopefully a well-received and successful album.:D
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Wonder what 2011 will bring for Alex?

Hopefully a well-received and successful album.:D

I'm glad Overcome wasn't as HUGE worldwide (a la millions of sales), because let's face it - she is NOT going to suffer the sophomore slump.
    I think this album is going to be the true beginning of a long and great career for her. Syco may not have made amazing choices, but her singles have been handled quite well and I'm glad they're waiting for a good solid album for her US launch! :D

Tour, AMAZING 2nd album and then boom, she's well on her way to becoming a world class artist and will be known alongside your Beyonce's, Rihanna's, etc. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy New Year Alexandra and all the posters on this thread!:D
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Happy New Year:)
This discussion has been closed.