Jake Gyllenhaal

goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I wish Jake would make more films and also shave off his beard. I don't know if he's wearing it for a part or what but it doesn't suit him.

Comments

• GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Oh? It's his private life choice, why can men enjoy grew beards? As still got beard till Movember.

:)
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Jake too :) my first thought was he grew the beard for Rendition but then im not sure if he was subjected to torture in that movie or if he just witnessed it? I did see the movie but it was a few years ago now I think...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I know the beard was for a role but have you noticed loads of good looking actors grow beards and let themselves go inbetween roles: James Franco, Jake Gyllenhaal, Shia Lebeouf etc.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    I know the beard was for a role but have you noticed loads of good looking actors grow beards and let themselves go inbetween roles: James Franco, Jake Gyllenhaal, Shia Lebeouf etc.

Because they want to be taken more seriously as actors, not just as "pretty boys" I would think.

Mind you, some of these actors have other kinds of beards as well ;)
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched him Born Survivor with Bear Grylls, outstanding.
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only actor I like with facial hair is Orlando. I just wanna shave the rest of 'em.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,193
    Forum Member
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    I wish Jake would make more films and also shave off his beard. I don't know if he's wearing it for a part or what but it doesn't suit him.

Don't the beards he wears have names.
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Don't the beards he wears have names.

It would be like him to say that they had.

He looked his most handsome as young Jack Twist in Brokeback - ah those were the days :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he was on a chat show not long ago i think he`s grown a beard for a film part?

i never really paid him much attention until i recently watched a film of his (Love & Other Drugs) safely he gained a new fan in me after seeing that What a hunk! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    He's doing a west end production I think, hence the beard (and fake tattoo's). To be fair he rarely has a beard on film. I think he just had a film out recently too actually - End of Watch I think it's called. Personally I think he wears a beard rather well!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    he was on a chat show not long ago i think he`s grown a beard for a film part?

i never really paid him much attention until i recently watched a film of his (Love & Other Drugs) safely he gained a new fan in me after seeing that What a hunk! ;)

I'm in this evening watching this - Jake is the one definitive male who confirms my heterosexual status big time - if there is one person I would like to be on a desert island with it is JAKE - what a hunk :o;);)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And comedians. It must be a man thing, like not wearing a suit.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He grew the beard for a play he was doing on Broadway called 'If there is I haven't found it yet'. When I went to NYC in October I went to see him in the play. He was terrific in it. Had to laugh at his cockney accent though! I had my photo taken with him after the show, so great to meet him. Those eyes are soooo blue! Lol :-D
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    He grew the beard for a play he was doing on Broadway called 'If there is I haven't found it yet'. When I went to NYC in October I went to see him in the play. He was terrific in it. Had to laugh at his cockney accent though! I had my photo taken with him after the show, so great to meet him. Those eyes are soooo blue! Lol :-D
    Wow so lucky meeting Jake!!
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I used to be obsessed with him. Such a lovely bloke.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    I like the beard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »

Is he as good looking in person? Is he tall?

Lucky thing!
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes very good looking, even with the beard! Although admittedly I do prefer him clean shaven or just stubbly, lol. Yes he's pretty tall. It was a thrill for me to meet him as I've been a big fan of his for years. :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor Swift said our Jake wasn't dependable (I wouldn't care, could live with that) and also has employed song lyrics about him.

He's had a few girlfriends - when will he marry and who ;)? Do you think he likes English women:o? Hope so....
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    Taylor Swift said our Jake wasn't dependable (I wouldn't care, could live with that) and also has employed song lyrics about him.

He's had a few girlfriends - when will he marry and who ;)? Do you think he likes English women:o? Hope so....

I thought Taylor swift was a professional beard?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been some stories about Jake - I think he likes the ladies, he's dated a few.

On Sunday evening he was in Source Code on TV in the Uk - only just realised he reminded me of Cary Grant. A bit of a confusing film - but finally I got it - good film:)