Ashley's incoherence

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
I cannot really understand much of what she is saying.

Comments

• oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally out of her depth.
    a lot of the time she says stuff that's not even relevant to the routine she just saw. I notice Jason has a book by his side a lot I just wonder is he writing stuff down in case she needs some description ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was awful tonight. She cannot put together a coherent sentence, and even she seemed to be embarrassed by her own inarticulacy, when she ran out of words and just stopped.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    Totally out of her depth.
    a lot of the time she says stuff that's not even relevant to the routine she just saw. I notice Jason has a book by his side a lot I just wonder is he writing stuff down in case she needs some description ?

They all have a notebook, not just Jason - I believe the judges watch the dress rehearsal and write notes on which to base their live show comments. They ad-lib where necessary, e.g. if there is a mistake in the live show - but Ashley has as much chance as Jason to come up with some pertinent comments, she just never does! And I say that as someone who thinks Ashley's a lovely person, but hopelessly out of her depth and adds nothing to DOI.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's getting worse and worse.

Tonight she ran out of things to say a number of times and was met with awkward, embarrassing silences. She also told one of the celebs how good they were technically - how the hell would she know?
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel a bit sorry for her really. She was lovely in I'm a Celeb and has got a lot of work on the back of it but she just isn't up to it. The worst judge they have ever had I'm afraid.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe the judges watch the dress rehearsal and write notes on which to base their live show comments.

Nooo, don't ruin the illusion of spontaneity!
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Nooo, don't ruin the illusion of spontaneity!

Sorry, pretend I didn't say a word! ;-)

I like Ashley, I really do - she was great in the jungle (I don't usually watch IAC all the way through, but she was one of the reasons I kept watching her series to the end) but last night was verging on embarrassing. It's like she's said to herself that she likes the look of her note book, wants to take it home blank and unsullied, so trusts to luck that she'll come up with meaningful comments on the skating on the live show 'on the fly'. Sometimes it does come across as if she's never even seen the routine before, she's so disjointed and bland in her comments. And yet we know she has (or should have) seen it before!

Oops, sorry, destroying the illusion again... just can't help myself! :blush::p
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel a bit sorry for her really. She was lovely in I'm a Celeb and has got a lot of work on the back of it but she just isn't up to it. The worst judge they have ever had I'm afraid.

She was gorgeous in the jungle... still is, she is a lovely girl, she is just on the wrong show. Seems a ludricous decision to have her on an ice panel, everything she says, I could say myself !
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The worst judge they have ever had I'm afraid.

Even worse than Emma Bunton!
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Even worse than Emma Bunton!

Actually I don't know who's worse. I always thought Emma was out of her depth too.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    Actually I don't know who's worse. I always thought Emma was out of her depth too.

I agree. Both Emma and Ashley were dancers only as far as dancing to their own pop tunes; nothing very taxing. Neither understand the technicalities of skating. Hence whatever they say, they don't know what they're talking about, unlike Jason who, as an ex-dancer, and still a choreographer, does understand (most of the time!!!) dance and performance.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think for the final series it would have been a nice gesture to have Nicky Slater back, and let Jason comment on the dance side of it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I think for the final series it would have been a nice gesture to have Nicky Slater back, and let Jason comment on the dance side of it :)

Nicky is apparently Robins replacement when the latter is off for two weeks commentating on the Winter Olympics. Not sure if this is officially confirmed yet but Nicky apparently said this live on air.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amytigger wrote: »
    Nicky is apparently Robins replacement when the latter is off for two weeks commentating on the Winter Olympics. Not sure if this is officially confirmed yet but Nicky apparently said this live on air.

Does that mean Karen becomes Head Judge in Robin's absence ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    Does that mean Karen becomes Head Judge in Robin's absence ?

I believe she did last time Robin was commentating on the Winter Olympics so I would imagine so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member

I think she has a repertoire of two phrases, "you had fun out there!" And "I wanted a bit more" then she is stuck!

I never watch the show 'live', I start watching about an hour in and whizz past all the breaks and videos, I've now started whizzing past her comments too because I know what she will say....
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In that case watching the judges should be more fun than watching the skating, with Karen sending daggers to both Jason and NickY!
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope so, I always liked him :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    It is true, Nicky posted on his blog that hes doing it http://nickyslater.com/embrace-the-grey-a-dancing-on-ice-question/
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Still better than Karen lol