Options

Christopher was great against Helen and Mark

2»

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't understand why Mark piped up and had a go at him. Mark said he wasn't on anyone's sides and understood both Helen and Matthew's points. But then it was like 2 against one at this moment.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    I was especially impressed with Christopher when Helen said something along the lines of - I don't hold you in high regard, I don't, I'm not gonna lie - and Christopher then answered - their is a difference between being honest/truthful and being rude
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zelda fan wrote: »
    He made his points calmly to her and even when Mark tried to tell Christopher to shut up he was not backing down. This made me happy because after Pauline incidents i was worried Christopher had lost some confidence but tonight showed he will stand up for himself and those he considers a friend.

I agree that Christopher made his points firmly but without shouting. Helen didn't like this at all. She gets angry when people don't take her side on things. Christopher was good at not backing down though. He really let her know that she wasn't going to sway his opinion. Christopher has never been soft in there though. He's always stood up for himself as far as I can see.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Trish123 wrote: »
    I really think Christopher is the one who deserves to win this year.
    Same here and i will vote,pray,cross fingers and possibly beg to make it happen.:D
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    I was especially impressed with Christopher when Helen said something along the lines of - I don't hold you in high regard, I don't, I'm not gonna lie - and Christopher then answered - their is a difference between being honest/truthful and being rude

Nail...on head! Well done Christopher.;-)

Eat your heart out Pauline and Helen, that is one very well brought up young man.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't understand why Mark piped up and had a go at him. Mark said he wasn't on anyone's sides and understood both Helen and Matthew's points. But then it was like 2 against one at this moment.

Mark's too afraid of saying what should be said and not backing down. He later sort of agreed with Helen when they were talking to each other. I wouldn't trust Mark as far as I could spit.
  • Options
    jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    He's lovely . Nice to look at and with a gentle personality .
    Yes, I'd be happy if he won it .
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    Yes, it's time somebody pointed this out. I'm glad it was Christopher who did. And he said it to her face.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,609
    Forum Member
    zolug wrote: »
    I hope he keeps it up and doesn't retreat into himself again.To be quite frank I think he is the kindest hm this series.

He's been coming across, right from the beginning, as a wonderfully kind person. I love watching him. He's sane. He doesn't rant. He has his own opinions. He's eloquent. :)
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boofie wrote: »
    Why did Mark even tell him to shut up? He did nothing wrong and Helen was mean to him once again.

Christopher is not a pussy like some people say. He stands up for himself but just doesn't go on a mad one because unlike some he's not a lunatic :o

Well said.
    Selena wrote: »
    It was nice to see Christopher finally standing up for himself. :)

About time someone put Helen in her place. Don't understand why Mark had to get involved though.

Air time?

Wants to make sure Helen knows he's still her friend?

Worried that the audience might like what they're seeing of Christopher?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point that I really didn't like was when Helen was openly mocking Christopher for saying Matthew was his friend and goading him about Matt's nomination. :(

God how hurtful, but how rotten & bitter did Helen look whilst saying that. No need whatsoever.:(
  • Options
    jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    The point that I really didn't like was when Helen was openly mocking Christopher for saying Matthew was his friend and goading him about Matt's nomination. :(

God how hurtful, but how rotten & bitter did Helen look whilst saying that. No need whatsoever.:(

She goes for the jugular every time . I can't believe she is behaving like that with an 11 year old son watching on ....which he most certainly will be .
    Screeching like a harpy and swearing like a drunken sailor . Awful person in every way .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    She goes for the jugular every time . I can't believe she is behaving like that with an 11 year old son watching on ....which he most certainly will be .
    Screeching like a harpy and swearing like a drunken sailor . Awful person in every way .

Yes, it's Helen's modus operandi, which to me shows a distinct lack of intelligence.;-)
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member

I didn't like that either, my advice to Helen would be to stop drinking in the house as it makes her even more temperamental.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

she had the curled lip and the slurring , like a drunken bitter old hag .

I tend to think she's actually talking about her own 'friendships' in there , she's pretending that she's protecting Mark ( protecting him from what ??) but I think she knows she's lost all her alliances , the girls generally have disgust towards her , Winston and Marlon have drifted away , just laugh at her mad tirades , and Ash - after she told him about her previous profession he didn't really offer any comfort and has pulled back from her .

And Mark - she knows he's not genuine , how many people has he said to "you're my favorite 2 people in here!" , she knows its bullshit .
    she has no friends , but she can't blame herself so she has all this hatred for people who aren't on her side .
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    "He who shouts the loudest does not have the most valid point" --Christopher

He who shouts the quietest, may have a very valid point but no bugger can hear it. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He who shouts the quietest, may have a very valid point but no bugger can hear it. :p

Ahhh, 1/ 10 for effort:p;-)
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when Helen holds you in very little regard you must be doing something right :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    when Helen holds you in very little regard you must be doing something right :cool:

I say, get in a group and give that Pitman a resounding round of applause:D:Dx
  • Options
    missfrizzymissfrizzy Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    He definitely tries to stand up for himself but he just looks so uncomfortable when he's doing it. He's not great at it to be honest.

Helen's dig about Matthew nominating him was a cheap shot though.

Helen is very good at being nasty & cheap.
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is definitely the most mature in there and Pauline was very wrong, he has been very well brought up. It nice to see another Derry man in there and it shows not everyone from that lovely city is like Conor.
  • Options
    farlofanfarlofan Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think Christopher has taken some confidence from the eviction crowd's reactions. He was cheered, Ash (Helen's pet) had a number of boos and the 'get Helen out' chants were as clear as could be. He knows how Helen is perceived so isn't anywhere near as intimidated any more.
  • Options
    GravitationalGravitational Posts: 1,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that he did a great job.

That's why it annoys me on BotS when they make out that nobody's got the guts to stand up to Helen. Christopher did without resorting to a full blown argument.