Options

Robin Williams Movie night?

CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone interested in joining in a weekly movie night of Robin William films?
Say we all agree to watch a specific movie of his once a week and come here to discuss it afterwards?

We don't need to watch them all. I would personally skip Happy Feet, Popeye, and Jack.

The Fisher King, Awakenings, Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, and Good Will Hunting would be ones I would love to see most. I've never seen Good Will Hunting and have it saved on my Sky Planner.

So anyone interested?

Comments

• Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tomorrow I'm planning in staying in bed most of the day and watchinf some of his movies. I have Dead Poets Society, Patch Adams, Awakenings and What Dreams May Come. I have already watched Good Will Hunting during the week. Must look in to getting The Fisher King somewhere too.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Tomorrow I'm planning in staying in bed most of the day and watchinf some of his movies. I have Dead Poets Society, Patch Adams, Awakenings and What Dreams May Come. I have already watched Good Will Hunting during the week. Must look in to getting The Fisher King somewhere too.

Yay a response!

The Fisher King is available on Netflix if you have that.
    Will try and find the ones you mentioned. Awakenings was on tv not long ago but I missed the beginning :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since his death we have watched Bicentennial Man and The Birdcage, we have Good Will Hunting to watch over the weekend as well as Aladdin and License to Wed.

I have never seen Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, Jumanji or quite a lot of his more well known films, so I intend to rectify that fact. I have seen Hook and Mrs Doubtfire
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched Awakenings last night. I don't know if it was because I was hungover or genuinely sad (or a mix of both) but I had tears in my eyes at at least 3 different points in the film. Brilliant performances from Williams and also DeNiro too. The fact that it is based on a true story makes it even more sad.

Will probably watch The Fisher King tonight. I want to watch al of Robin's dramas and serious films first before finishing with his comedies so I'm left not feeling miserable by the time the last film ends and I have a positive, funny note to end with and remember him by.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    on saturday i settled into watch good will hunting because i thought i had never seen it before. after 10 mins i realised i had and that dead poets society was the film i had never seen.

i turned it off feeling guilty and watched the butler instead...and robin williams had a cameo!

the universe works in mysterious ways! gave me a smile anyway

p.s recorded dead poets society last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our local cinema chain is showing Good Will Hunting at the end of August across Ireland with all proceeds going to two mental health/suicide prevention charities in memory of Robin Williams.

I already have a copy of it and watched it last week. I thought that Robin wasn't really in the film that much and expected to see more of him. Matt Damon gave a very good performance and thought his role was award worthy too.
  • Options
    suncitysuncity Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Watch Dead Poets Society on loop.