Sick and tired of VM Hardware

Jez_GafysJez_Gafys Posts: 291
Forum Member
<rant>

I am getting sick and tired of the stability of any Virgin media hubs and routers they are so flakey and unresponse regardless of superhubs 1, 2 3 and any other incantation that they muster up.

Every single day maybe 4 times I have to reboot the router because I can no longer access the internet web interface, I have never known a router so bad that even its on web ui on fails to respond. Also when it does go down ALL port forwarding rules also fail until a reboot which lasts a little while before it goes down again. The superhub 2 did the 3 does they really are bad. I'm an IT manager and if I had this hardware here it would have been skipped or burnt long ago it really is utter crap.

I rebooted the router before I set off to work it works just fine then, and now 1 hour later its gone down again, I can't connect to any of my FTP services and shares. If I go home I'll find the internet works for outgoing traffic but I will need to reboot it all just so I can get my servers back online so annoying

</rant>

Comments

• TudorTudor Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    <answer>

Virgin superhub are ****, but they are excellent modems. Just buy a decent router, put the superhub into modem mode and off you go.

</answer>
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I got the original Superhub2 which must have been sitting in a warehouse for quite some time.

Set it up and it worked for 3 or 4 days then had a few occasional dropouts and then the next day it died completely.

The engineer came and replaced it with the 'new' Superhub2 and said the old one was probably a faulty batch and that the newer ones were much more reliable.

He's been right so far as i've had no problems with the replacement.

Have you contacted VM about it? What have they said? Have you asked for a replacement? Is the one you're using a replacement?

You might want to ask them to send an engineer round to check everything out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I use the hub in router odem and can go months without rebooting it.

Rarely have problems with it running like that.
  • mrvgargmrvgarg Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use a Netgear wifi router connected to superhub...much more stable and reliable then superhub wifi...
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like the others I run it in modem mode and never have any problems - I have the old Superhub 1.