Options

Married at First Sight: Channel 4 9PM

Comments

• Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    Felt really sorry for Kate, I really thought those two had potential but what an arse Jason is, why take part if he wasn't willing to give it a go? Hope Kate finds someone who will love and appreciate her.
  • Options
    Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Felt really sorry for Kate, I really thought those two had potential but what an arse Jason is, why take part if he wasn't willing to give it a go? Hope Kate finds someone who will love and appreciate her.

Totally agree with all of that.

I would think there should be a queue of guys outside her gym tomorrow morning, wanting to replace the di*******
    (I would volunteer like a shot, but I doubt she's that desperate!)
  • Options
    hrh7hrh7 Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Totally agree with all of that.

I would think there should be a queue of guys outside her gym tomorrow morning, wanting to replace the di*******
    (I would volunteer like a shot, but I doubt she's that desperate!)
    I said just that to my husband - who would be forming an orderly queue with you, if he also thought she was that desperate, LOL! I'm still steaming mad at Jason, he didn't come across like that at all. At least both parties of the other couple and Kate were all willing to give it their best shot. Why didn't Jason just join a dating site from the start.
  • Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hrh7 wrote: »
    I said just that to my husband - who would be forming an orderly queue with you, if he also thought she was that desperate, LOL! I'm still steaming mad at Jason, he didn't come across like that at all. At least both parties of the other couple and Kate were all willing to give it their best shot. Why didn't Jason just join a dating site from the start.

I can't believe he didn't realise how bad it looked just to stand Kate up , never even move in with her , & not turn up to that meeting !

I'd imagine he's completely blown his chances of ever finding a nice girl to marry now, unless he's batting for the other side, as some people have suggested on twitter :)

As for Kate, I really hope she finds the right man, she's lovely & deserves to be happy .
  • Options
    lazyjanelazyjane Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irelandian wrote: »
    Guys? How would I get in touch with Kate?

If you're desperate https://twitter.com/katestewartpt
  • Options
    EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting them to find him on Grinder...

I thought he might be gay when I saw him last week.
  • Options
    PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuanMebabe wrote: »
    I thought he might be gay when I saw him last week.

I wondered that too yesterday, something seemed off with his reaction to Kate and her obvious attractiveness. Maybe he is dealing with some inner conflicts. On the surface they seemed a perfect match.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking (!) - James & Amy must have spent the equivalent of at least 40 dates worth of time together, yet she has barely let him touch her. She said she has spent the night with former boyfriends, and presumably it didn't take anywhere near that long for this to happen, so to my mind she clearly is not physically attracted to James at all, but quite likes having him around as a friend.

James seems an extremely patient, courteous guy (in complete contrast to that creep Jason,) but at the moment he has 'doormat' pretty firmly stamped on his forehead.

At some point one or other of them (probably both) will feel the need for a bit of nookie - thing is, if it's not with each other, then life could get quite complicated....
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. I thought Kate and Jason seemed well suited last week but he came across as a complete arse this week. Ok, maybe he didn't fancy Kate but he was so rude and obnoxious towards a woman who had done nothing wrong and he made himself look pathetic. Why bother doing the show just to be surly and sulky?
    Quite surprised that Emma and James are giving it a go tbh. I don't see them lasting but at least they've thrown themselves in
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lazyjane wrote: »

Never looked at Twitter before (and probably never will again) - I do hope Jason has read the #MarriedAt... thread. I particularly enjoyed the one that said 'I just punched Jason in the face' - juvenile I know, but it just seemed to fit the bill...

Nice that so many people have supported Kate, I wish her well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toofast wrote: »
    The biggest mistake the producers made was that they matched people who were too alike each other - they are almost good mate material, brother and sister types.
    They should have gone for opposites. I would hate to date the equivalent of me! I want someone who is very different to me!

I think this has proved what most of us know, you can't force chemistry between two people. I'm sure most couples we all know are not a perfect match on paper but have evolved into a natural and comfortable fit
  • Options
    Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Proves that no matter how good looking a girl is if there is no attraction between the couple there wont be love.

I wondered if career choices may have been a factor. As a london based financier Jason moves in different circles than a personal trainer. The educational backgrounds may also have been very different with Jason probably achieving his results in school and uni whilst Kate may not have a degree or good grades. So maybe her conversations are not so varied as Jasons.

Just a thought, after all the editing did not suit Jason
  • Options
    MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Jason seemed to find the whole process too pressured. Cameras there, expectation of love, when in reality - James and Emma got it right, they acknowledged the pressure, the awkwardness, they both seem willing to talk and to move past these things and they both accept that they may end up just as friends, but who knows?

I think that approach is infinitely better than one of 'oh I am supposed to love this person, but I don't and ARGGH I don't like the cameras or the pressure so i'm just going to run away'. Jason did not give it the time he should have and he chucked in the towel. When he was supposed to be at the councelling he said that he wasn't going to be the best version of himself if he had gone then. He is missing the point, the only way relationships work is with complete honestly, especially with something like this. He could have gone there and opened up, warts and all about his worries about things - but instead felt he had to continue a facarde for some reason.
  • Options
    BeecosyBeecosy Posts: 2,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every fibre of my being was screaming at what they were going to do, marry a stranger.

It could be so many things that make up attraction that the scientists may not have taken into account: sight, clothing style/sense, how they sound not just what they say, their scent and so on. Who knows ?

awkward. I really felt for Kate.

As some one else said we were more emotionally invested in watching their relationship develop than Jason put in (Jason - emotionally unavailable A/C). :o

Emma and James surprised me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beecosy wrote: »
    Every fibre of my being was screaming at what they were going to do, marry a stranger.

It could be so many things that make up attraction that the scientists may not have taken into account: sight, clothing style/sense, how they sound not just what they say, their scent and so on. Who knows ?

awkward. I really felt for Kate.

As some one else said we were more emotionally invested in watching their relationship develop than Jason put in (Jason - emotionally unavailable A/C). :o

Emma and James surprised me.
    It is true that no amount of science can predict who will fall for who.
    A friend of mind met someone online and they were talking for months. They fell in love with each other and arranged to meet thinking this could be the real thing. My mate said she walked into the bar, took one look at his clothes and shoes and jus knew she felt nothing for him.
    That might sound shallow but it's reality. If the chemistry isn't there for whatever reason, it isn't there and nothing can force it
  • Options
    thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    Proves that no matter how good looking a girl is if there is no attraction between the couple there wont be love.

I wondered if career choices may have been a factor. As a london based financier Jason moves in different circles than a personal trainer. The educational backgrounds may also have been very different with Jason probably achieving his results in school and uni whilst Kate may not have a degree or good grades. So maybe her conversations are not so varied as Jasons.

Funny you say that, as most people I've met who worked in big finance were utter bores! Though I agree that their social groups would probably be quite different.

Though he was an idiot for what he did, there's no evidence to suggest Jason would do what he did to a 'real' girlfriend.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I thought from the start Jason was a bit slimey but never expected all that to happen!
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Though he was an idiot for what he did, there's no evidence to suggest Jason would do what he did to a 'real' girlfriend.

He did it to a real wife.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »

Career choices, educational background, neither excuses his appalling rudeness and cowardice in no-showing for arranged meetings and going onto dating websites before he had the decency to talk to Kate.

No excuses, just immensely self centred and pathetic.
  • Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma's a complete douche and doesn't deserve a good lad like James. Like she said, she works in 'events' and is consequently a loudmouthed ladette with faux-friends acting all poncey which would be fine if James was the same but he's more of a decent unassuming chap. There's no way it'll last but hopefully he'll find someone else and she'll end up terminally single for being so annoying.

As for Jason and Kate, I started to think they were the same person - so similar in terms of appearance, they could be brother and sister, if not twins!
  • Options
    abs2512abs2512 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What we was 6 weeks worth of filming (maybe even more) condensed into 3 hour long shows, and then even those shows were probably only 45mins long taking into account adverts

Whilst not condoning Jason's behaviour at all, I’m slightly surprised that so many have jumped on the bandwagon about how beautiful she is and how awful he has been etc etc. I’m sure she is a very lovely lady, but who’s to say just because she looks great and obviously takes care of herself that she is nice underneath.

I felt whilst watching last night’s show that she seemed to have fallen for this guy very quickly and I wonder whether she was in love with the idea of being married and to a degree she was happy with whomever was chosen for her, whilst he may have felt suffocated by her to a degree.

I think that what we didn’t see as opposed to what we did see would give us a far greater insight into the two of them and why this relationship didn’t live up to expectations.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm still not liking Emma. The only reason she's still with James is because he's a bit of a lapdog and she gets her own way, as she clearly cannot get past the lack of physical attraction she has towards him. Shame really, as I think quite a few women think he's lovely.

As for Jason...what a douche. All over Kate at the start (though I did think it was all for the cameras) and then not man enough to talk it over. Tw*t.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Kate is objectively stunning.

There are only three explanations I can think of for the sudden change in dynamic. From most to least likely:

i. Jason is gay, and in denial.

ii. He's not gay, but he just completely bottled it under pressure and couldn't perform in the bedroom. To save his ego he then went with the 'i'm just not attracted to her' line.

iii. Something really freaky put him off, like Kate was born a man or something. She did have quite robust hands in the 'no ring' shot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate is objectively stunning.

There are only three explanations I can think of for the sudden change in dynamic. From most to least likely:

i. Jason is gay, and in denial.

ii. He's not gay, but he just completely bottled it under pressure and couldn't perform in the bedroom. To save his ego he then went with the 'i'm just not attracted to her' line.

iii. Something really freaky put him off, like Kate was born a man or something. She did have quite robust hands in the 'no ring' shot.

Or it could be quite simply that he felt somewhat inadequate compared to her, and that didn't sit well with him.
    I did wonder whether their 'honeymoon', being an activity kind of holiday, and she being a fitness instructor, whether she outperformed him at the various activities? If so, she's more attractive, has more/nicer personality, and is physically more accomplished too - could be a bit of killer for his ego? His attitude to her certainly seemed to change quite abruptly on their return from Ireland.
  • Options
    alfamalealfamale Posts: 10,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched Ep3. As a programme trying to pass itself off as educational i learnt nothing other than arranged marriages aren't a good idea for our british culture.

But as entertainment it was worth a watch. Definitely agree there's some chance Jason is gay so that relationship was never going to work, he's far too smartly dressed with neat hair, slightly effeminate and didnt fancy a rather attractive lady. But when you've actually gone and married someone the least you could do is be honest to their face and not run away from every opportunity to talk to them....... then put yourself on Tinder. What an immature little t**t!